+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on Templar "Little off the Top"

Default Thoughts on Templar "Little off the Top"

How many pvp Cleric heals run with this talent? I tried it out with a 51 Warden build as a fresh rank 4, and I was not very impressed. So I have a few questions about it.

-Does it have an internal cooldown?
    -When used in conjunction with hots, is only the first tick calculated in the return heal?
    -Are overheals considered, or only "effective" heals?
    -Is it even worth taking?

Sorry for the pvp-nubbery here. Responses will be greatly appreciated!
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG
    All HMs Cleared, FT & EE Conq

I run it with 51 warden.
    Doesn't look like it.
    Works like any oT skill.
    Doesn't seem to work with over heals but I don't pay attention that much (or I'm always getting damaged, which ever).
    Depends on what you are looking for, how you heal, what's your goal as a pvp healer.

I personally like it since it works even when you are healing yourself. If you are the focus if your own ripple, you are getting 4 stacks of SS + a portion of your own heals and everyone else you heal. It makes it so you always have some form of healing on you that can proc procs (like shields and crap).

Is it the best you can pick up in the Templar soul for similar point investment? Well it's not the worst. My opinion, it's one of the better things you can pick up.
    Is it the best in all soul? Not the best but options are limited.

I value having heals at all time, especially when I'm not the focus, and I like when I can't focus ripple on myself, I can get some form of healing if I'm being attacked.
    But it's an option on a very limited pool to pick from.

I just feel lost without Sentinel serendipity and my touch the light + tidal surge + healing invo macro to save the day. I'm not sure how to best work it in if I want to still run a build with serendipity or if it's even possible at all.

When I used to run a 21pt templar build, I noticed that "a little off the top" and creeping remedy would fire from the first tick only. I wasn't all that impressed, and you'd probably be better off with serendipity.

I went 21 points to get greater empowerment, and if I did that again I'd go up the Overload branch instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanalia View Post
    I just feel lost without Sentinel serendipity and my touch the light + tidal surge + healing invo macro to save the day. I'm not sure how to best work it in if I want to still run a build with serendipity or if it's even possible at all.
    I felt the same way when i switch from sentiwarden to full warden. But now, i personally can not function [comfortably] as pvp healer without a full warden, since ive gotten so used to it.
    Warden is only good, when the player is comfortable with how it works.

When i first started playing warden, i didnt care for it, but it was, at the time, the few specs that was viable for pvp heal due to cabby/sc power. So i got used to it, since it was a play style i can get with.

How i got used to it was first, instead of thinking about keeping someone indefinitely up as i did with senti/warden, i thought about keeping people up long enough to do something. So if people died, i didnt sweat it because that wasnt my goal.
    Then i started thinking about how to keep someone up a bit longer. What combo of heals, and skills can i use to make sure that the people stayed up long enough to at least, kill 1 person.

Eventually, i was able to keep a group up without anyone dying, because even now, my goal is to keep you up long enough, not indefinitely. Although there are many times im healing and people simply dont die.

Rift Chaser

Unless they changed it over the top is supposed to work on direct single target heals, not hot's, but w/e. Anything to help boost this works for me

Considering hots are the most prevalent instant cast heals we have access to, I don't see why it wouldn't work (in theory). However, it would be nice if each tick reacted with the talent rather than just one. Seems a bit of a waste.

Rift Disciple

only thing worthy in templar is -15% crit to u or up to overload branch. everything else is bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbaslap View Post
    only thing worthy in templar is -15% crit to u or up to overload branch. everything else is bleh.
    Lol people still use overload?
    Most of the over load line is beyond crap making it a terrible investment.
    The -15% is nice but the only crits you should fear is pyro and inqui. Both of which you can survive well enough for the most part.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Chanalia View Post
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...btozo.E0xxbMzc

have fun....

That's very similar to the build I'm running right now, but I opted for the mana return from Warden instead of one of the points in Templar, and I have another point floating around somewhere that isn't in Temp... I forget where I put it right now. It's a 28/28/10, and I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I'm considering picking up Shared Recovery or at least just trying out a build with it.

Rift Disciple

i roll with 40 ward, 21 sent, 5 temp.

BF and detaunt with 15% crit reduc on myself. (self survival)

40 into warden for imp tidal surge/ToL big HI heal macro. with both orbs and cleanse over time.

and 21 for covenant, ptf, and aoe cleanse which atm can be casted thru silences.

by far i like this spec as it has loads of survivabilty when targeted and great to healbot someone with.

i do however miss downpour in big aoe fights tho. =/
    Last edited by Imbaslap; 12-27-2011 at 11:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread