+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Soul sky

Thread: Class Parity

Soulwalker

Default Class Parity

Overall I think the classes in Wfs are decently balanced. I wouldn't say great, but decent. There is one issue that I have noticed over & over again that creates a huge advantage for ranged rogues & should be removed. No class should be able to dps another class from a range at which they cannot receive damage in return and rogues can do this. In a one on one situation, caught traveling to a capture point etc., a ranged rogue can kill any dps class without taking damage if they just maintain enough distance. THAT is imbalanced. Every ranged dps class should have the exact same range. Othewise it is not balanced & any claim to say it is balanced is just flat out wrong.

Soulwalker

Default Ranged DPS

I understand what was being attempted by ramping up the rouge ranged DPS but it is a bit too much especially when considering Codex and the huge advantage that range has at the Codex flag itself. The interrupts that the rouges and warriors generate w/o cool downs's are what really makes the casting classes irrelevent from an offensive standpoint. I have tried to approach any group many times and can get 3,4 and 5 simultaneous and back to back interrupts that shut off the action bar. This leaves death as an alternative combat strategy. What can u do when the action bar goes dead except wait to die? I dont know of anything a caster can do to completely turn off the opponents action keys.
    If anyone could comment please..this has me stymied. I can get the break free but not when the action bar goes completely dead.

Rift Disciple

Default Irritating But Just Part of the Game

People need some incentive to roll rogues besides stealth. It's irritating to be hit by a rogue at 35m when I can only cast 30m...but, it is also probably irritating to a rogue that I can flicker into range, use heatwave, and burn them down in 5 seconds or less. All classes have something that helps them survive...let rogues have their ranged DPS and learn to counter it.

You know melee has a range too? It's 3 meters or something. Melee range. So you're either saying all ranged classes should have a 3m range, or Warriors should have 35m range with their swords

I SUPPORT
    Last edited by Soul sky; 12-26-2011 at 02:10 PM.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by Givney View Post
    Overall I think the classes in Wfs are decently balanced. I wouldn't say great, but decent. There is one issue that I have noticed over & over again that creates a huge advantage for ranged rogues & should be removed. No class should be able to dps another class from a range at which they cannot receive damage in return and rogues can do this. In a one on one situation, caught traveling to a capture point etc., a ranged rogue can kill any dps class without taking damage if they just maintain enough distance. THAT is imbalanced. Every ranged dps class should have the exact same range. Othewise it is not balanced & any claim to say it is balanced is just flat out wrong.
    To be realistic, ~5m of extra range is not a safety net. I mean. I've never wrecked someone because they couldn't touch me the whole time cause I maintained the 5 meter window perfectly during pvp combat with me and the enemy moving all over the place. At best it can get the first shot off a bit easier, but it hardly serves as this perfect untouchable perch you make it sound like. Even if you extend the window from 5 to 15m and say warriors can't touch a rogue cause all they have to do is play MM and stay in the 15m window the whole time. Even that is far from realistic when you actually play it out. It can help get a first shot at the enemy or buy you some time away from damage. But again, it's hardly a perfect perch of safety like you make it out to be.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-26-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Ah yes - the 35 metre invulnerabilty myth raises its ugly head again - how come marksmen die then? does the coding that keeps the MM at 35 metres from everyone at all times glitch out ?

You know that PvP is balanced around a group? And apart from giving us all the same abilites and armor, it is basically impossible to balance PvP on a 1 vs 1 scenario?

What ever state it's in now they should leave it. I guess it couldn't get much worse, but, it would be a better plan if players just came up with a method of killing said OP players IMO.

<- Sick of all the damn changes.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vegimatic View Post
    People need some incentive to roll rogues besides stealth. It's irritating to be hit by a rogue at 35m when I can only cast 30m...but, it is also probably irritating to a rogue that I can flicker into range, use heatwave, and burn them down in 5 seconds or less. All classes have something that helps them survive...let rogues have their ranged DPS and learn to counter it.
    LOL. Really?

WF are still rogue-dominated in numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    LOL. Really?

WF are still rogue-dominated in numbers.
    If they nerfed Assassin, 50% of the population would leave and WFs would be way more fun.
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread