+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 1.0 GCD for all

Default 1.0 GCD for all

Seriously why is it that rogues or only pyro specced mages are permitted this GCD advantage? this is ridiculous

reduce the GCD for all classes. ive never played a game that gives a direct advantage to X class for just being that calling in the terms of a GCD, then you have pyro which really DID not need the 1.0 GCD it should have gone in necro or warlock because of the dots that require this GCD for max uptime.

/end rant
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Bard should give raidwide GCD time reduction as a 51

This would break the game so no.
    50 - Rogue 50 - Cleric 50 - Mage

Rift Disciple

So you want rogues to have the same gcd as other classes when they are all about quickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Bard should give raidwide GCD time reduction as a 51
    i could actually get behind this >.> (or make the archon buff do the same ect)

FaiKKo

So you want rogues to have the same gcd as other classes when they are all about quickness.

when their innate 1.0 GCD is allowing them to push out dps without having to spec into ANYHTING. yes its broke.
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

i would also like to know what

warriros innate ability bonus is > other classes
    Mages^
    Clerics^

give me a equivalent bonus for each race to make up fro the rogues having a 1.0 base GCD then we can talk about it being balanced.
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Feid View Post

Mages^
    Clerics^

give me a equivalent bonus for each race to make up fro the rogues having a 1.0 base GCD then we can talk about it being balanced.
    Rogues need to build 5 CPs instead of 3.
    Rogues CPs build on their target, not themselves, meaning they can't switch targets if their original target dies and unload like other callings can.
    Rogues end up being energy starved, meaning that even though their GCD has refreshed they still can't attack because they have no energy to fuel anything.
    Rogues are a dual wielding calling, and yet their off hand weapon is nothing more than a stat stick.

I don't mind other callings having a 1 second GCD, just as long as they get the disadvantages that go along with it.

Ascendant

GCD is only one component of attack speed. The other is energy consumption vs. energy regen.

A rogue who triggers an attack at every GCD (assuming they're doing something other than Fan Out/Eradicate spam) is going to be energy starved, at which point their functional GCD will be 1.5 seconds in a lot of cases. (My assassin, for example, gets a few GCDs of rapid triggering abilities and then I'm energy starved and it doesn't matter what my GCD is...the pace at which I can fire off attacks is limited by my energy bar.)

Quote Originally Posted by Feid View Post

Mages^
    Clerics^

I dont agree with everyone having 1 gcd. I do understand that certain souls would/should have it (not pyros quite honestly but rogues since they have a 5 point requirements, and, god willing, shamans who highly proc based). But you bringing up intrinsic bonuses is interesting.

Some may say warriors sturdiness and clerics healing power are intrinsic. But they arent. One has to build for that. Rogues dont have to build for their special feature, they just have to be rogues (unlike mages who have to build for 1 gcd)

Even mages do not have anything they are naturally better at.

I don't think you understand what a 1.0s GCD actually connotates.

Rogues don't get a damage buff for having the GCD, because our damage is balanced around having a shorter GCD than other classes. Warriors, Clerics, and Mages hit proportionately harder than we do, because we have a 1s GCD.

Having a 1s GCD is quite the opposite, actually. It raises the skill curve significantly. Because I have less time to think of what to do next, my 1s GCD makes it, effectively, harder to play my Rogue. Having a 1.5s GCD and being balanced around it makes the game that much easier for another class.

That being said, I think all classes should have a 1.0s GCD. Raising the skill cap is a huge, huge improvement in any game.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I don't think you understand what a 1.0s GCD actually connotates.

Rogues don't get a damage buff for having the GCD, because our damage is balanced around having a shorter GCD than other classes. Warriors, Clerics, and Mages hit proportionately harder than we do, because we have a 1s GCD.

Having a 1s GCD is quite the opposite, actually. It raises the skill curve significantly. Because I have less time to think of what to do next, my 1s GCD makes it, effectively, harder to play my Rogue. Having a 1.5s GCD and being balanced around it makes the game that much easier for another class.

That being said, I think all classes should have a 1.0s GCD. Raising the skill cap is a huge, huge improvement in any game.
    I don't see it as a skill cap issue. I don't "think" about what ability I'm going to use next. 0.5s one way or the other isn't going to make or break me. I know what abilities I use under normal circumstances and I know what I want to watch for in terms of situations that call for contingencies. It doesn't take more skill to play a rogue than it does for any other calling. In fact, I find it harder to go back to a warrior after playing a rogue because the longer GCD messes me up.

Ascendant

This would break everything. No.

Can you imagine Sentis, Cabbys, and wardens having a 1sec GCD?

:shudders:

Based around doing small amounts of dmg quickly are you sure you want yours reduced too - or were you really asking to do the same as you do now but faster - ****

Having a 1s GCD is quite the opposite, actually. It raises the skill curve significantly. Because I have less time to think of what to do next, my 1s GCD makes it, effectively, harder to play my Rogue.
    Rofl good one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast