+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idea for matched pvp

Rift Disciple

Default Idea for matched pvp

Now that warfronts are using a matching system, how about a box that we can check to turn it on or off when doing warfronts.
    The idea behind is that some of us that are rank 8, have to wait a very long time to get into certain battlegrounds. I had to wait almost 35 minutes for a Port Scion the other day. Also, its fun to run with guildies that have no obtained the highest rank.

Now I know what everyone is thinking, a rank8 can go in and wreck all the lower ranks, here is the catch to disabling the matching system. If you disable matching warfronts, you should get less favor and prestige.

Ideas/suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Draidiard View Post
    Now that warfronts are using a matching system, how about a box that we can check to turn it on or off when doing warfronts.
    The idea behind is that some of us that are rank 8, have to wait a very long time to get into certain battlegrounds. I had to wait almost 35 minutes for a Port Scion the other day. Also, its fun to run with guildies that have no obtained the highest rank.

Now I know what everyone is thinking, a rank8 can go in and wreck all the lower ranks, here is the catch to disabling the matching system. If you disable matching warfronts, you should get less favor and prestige.

Ideas/suggestions?
    Queue with those friends

Problem solved.
    "You lost me at Balance"

ITT: a P8 whiner thats sad because he cant faceroll in PvP as easily
    5/5 GSP 5/5 ROS 4/4 DH 4/4 GP 10/11 HK
    Playing the game the way it's meant to be played. For fun.

Rift Disciple

Default Going with friends

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Queue with those friends

Problem solved.
    Well if your friends are rank 1-4 and I am rank 8, not gonna happen.

Well if your friends are rank 1-4 and I am rank 8, not gonna happen.
    What in gods name are you talking about?

You want to do WF's with lower ranks. Because you say your guildies are lower rank than you are.

If you want to do PvP with them then queue with them.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Ideas/suggestions?
    You are talking about 2 issues.

First is the long queues for rank 8's.
    Allowing you to turn off matching will not make a difference in this case because the only people that will be turning of matching will be rank 8 players. Nothing will be changed by you being able to turn off the matching system.

Second is the ability to run with lower ranked friends / guildies.
    This seems like a legit concern. As has been said, though, you could simply queue with the people you wish to play with. Otherwise the chances of you playing with those people are pretty iffy anyways, regardless of the matching system.

what is this magicle long que time as a r8? seriousyl my ques are never mroe then 5 minutes. (yay i rolled guardian)

considerd going to a guardian heavy cluster?
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

+ Reply to Thread