+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By paRn

Thread: PvP Ladder / Arena

Soulwalker

Default PvP Ladder / Arena

So now your p8 and all that is left is grinding out notoriety with the factions and world PvP, sure you can still do some premades but what is the point right? It seems like this is the general conscientious.

I propose a Ladder; it doesn't seem like Trion is planing on releasing an Arena anytime soon. I have played several other online games where the community created a Ladder that was not in the game and they have all been very successful and I propose we make one for Rift.

I am no programer, but I have an idea and the desire to get this done; this doesn't have to be for just p8's, grinding to p8 can be tedious. What I do propose is a multi-server ladder and here is how it would work.

Each server would be represented and every guild or "team" would be responsible for singing up and yes this would be on the honor system, the losing team would be required to report the loss on the website and if the win/loss is contested we would have a way of reviewing it; the easiest way would be by recording the "match" and submitting it. Yes we would have to agree on a place to have this organized PvP somewhere on the map.

These are my preliminary ideas and I would love to hear some input from you all if anyone else is interested in this. I would not have an issue with putting up the initial investment in the website to get this started, but I would need a team to help make this and I know there are a lot of you out there with the capabilities to do this.

So instead of complaining about how this game is missing something, lets take this project on ourselves, we are (well most of us) are adults. I am throwing this out to both Guardians and Defiants alike.

This is a great game but the endgame PvP is just not there and there is nothing happening to enhance world PvP either, the rift's were not a bad idea, but they are lacking; hardly anyone wants to do them and getting the other faction to show up is almost impossible.

Unfortunately there is no way to be "ranked" in this game and that means there is nothing to compete for or to strive for.

I am reaching out to the community; we have to step up.

***MESSAGE TO TRION***

If you have any interest in doing something like this, but lack the personnel, knowledge or are just looking for someone to spearhead this, please contact me.

Banned

No. Go play wowcrud if thats what you want. Horrible pvp system....

*points to sig*
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

RIFT Guide Writer

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-tell-all.html

This has been talked about alot......

I point to my thread.

That sentence is true and very accurate about many people in this game.

It would be very hard to do an official ladder, the game itself doesn't provide enough tools.

Take 7 day transfer limits as it is. Matches would have to be quite spaced if challenges from different servers were made. No private areas with stats/scoreboards to determine wins, would have to basically have personal match refs. It would be a blast if say, anyone could start up a Black Garden scenario and invite another group to it and team vs team them for a few rounds. But then this would be an FPS, not an MMO o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    No. Go play wowcrud if thats what you want. Horrible pvp system....
    Did you even read the original post?
    Last edited by Meina; 12-24-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    Did you even read the original post?
    most people dont when it comes to competative or structured pvp.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Soulwalker

I appreciate what everyone has said that is positive.

Regarding PvP on different servers - my thoughts would be that it was be restricted to the server you are on unless you were to switch servers. Or we could require anyone interested in this to come to a specific server; possibly with a high enough interest TRION could get involved.

Thoughts?

RIFT Guide Writer

My personal thoughts are as follows!

*Rift PvP has been growing increasingly stale

*Trion has not shown any real interest in the PvP Community

*Rift PvP is fun but has no true end game; Grind and more grind

*Majority of people who comment about rated PvP are speaking for themselves, they more than likely are a casual in PvP.

*I happen to play PvE & PvP extensively. Not my first MMO

*I have given up on Trion to do something for PvP

*Guild Wars 2 and Arena.net will have the best PvP

*I expect many players who favor PvP from StarWars, World of Warcraft and Rift will move over to GW2

These are my thoughts, what do I know; I'm just an experienced MMO player with no idea of balance.

RIFT Guide Writer

Also a heads up, I'm working on a website that will offer arena services. I hope this will make due till the developers get around to making one.

+ Reply to Thread