+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Feid
  • 1 Post By VolbeatDK

Thread: Valor Lessers vs R5 gear

Rift Disciple

Default Valor Lessers vs R5 gear

Hey guys, I'm about 20k prestige away from R5 and I have 130k Favor saved up + about 18 Marks. I could buy (I think) just about all of the P5 gear as soon as I rank up. OR I could buy 6 of the blue Valor essences (I don't have the rep to get the epic ones yet), which would be 150 valor.

The 150 valor seems very very appealing to me and I'm leaning towards that right now. I have the PvP sourcemachine but it's empty so I'm using my raid healing machine.

The P5 gear seems like a very small upgrade from the P3 stuff, and I don't gain any valor from it obviously.

Do you guys think it's better to get the valor lessers asap?
    I don't think. I don't feel. I don't laugh or cry. All I do from dusk till dawn is make Guardian soldiers die.

The valor lessers add lot of survivability. Since the valor on gear is normalized u gain the most from the lessers since its additional valor. However I waited for the grind after r6 to get them. Ince u don need much favor to get the gear from r5 to r6 I got that first then during the grind from r6 to r7 I started finishing my source machine since itsalonger grind then it felt like from r3 to r6. Plus round the time I was fully r6 geared I also got my unseen rep maxed and could get the better lessers. Its up to u and how u play thou. I'm a healer and I found I needed the extra survivability in order to play my best and all the extra stats are amazing even over proc efects in the greater slots. For dps idk someone with more knowledge can answer that but I ee a lot of dps fill thir lessers with pve ones maybe because they need extra burst over longevity.
    Last edited by Scarybadlady; 12-24-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn73 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm about 20k prestige away from R5 and I have 130k Favor saved up + about 18 Marks. I could buy (I think) just about all of the P5 gear as soon as I rank up. OR I could buy 6 of the blue Valor essences (I don't have the rep to get the epic ones yet), which would be 150 valor.

The 150 valor seems very very appealing to me and I'm leaning towards that right now. I have the PvP sourcemachine but it's empty so I'm using my raid healing machine.

The P5 gear seems like a very small upgrade from the P3 stuff, and I don't gain any valor from it obviously.

Do you guys think it's better to get the valor lessers asap?
    Get those lessers now and you'll be kicking yourself when you hit R8 and have to churn out even more favour for your epic ones and R8 gear, since it's been delayed by your buying blue essences.

If you can at all cope with not having that extra valour now, I'd stick it out and save for your gear and epic essences. In fact, if a class like mage where the SP from the R8 weapon is colossal, just make sure you keep your weapons up to your rank and save for the epic essences (grind some rep) - it'll mean you get more valour asap even if you forgo some stats in the short term, and as long as you have the weapon (in my experience as a mage) you can still deal tons more damage as you upgrade it.
    Mage PvP build guides:
    Sc/Pyro - mobile DPS, ChloroChon - support for low ranks

Rift Disciple

I'm a mage and I have a staff from RoS right now, which is better than any PvP weapon till R8. I try to keep them upgraded for when I hit R8, but again until R8 they're not going to be an upgrade.

I get what you're saying about regretting buying blue essence later on, but I think I need the valor. MM rogues just absolutely tear me to hell, I can deal with most other classes but not them - I was hoping an extra 200 valor might help in that area.
    I don't think. I don't feel. I don't laugh or cry. All I do from dusk till dawn is make Guardian soldiers die.

most of em are uniqque equpp. i use a mix of valor + 100 scribed lessers.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn73 View Post
    I'm a mage and I have a staff from RoS right now, which is better than any PvP weapon till R8. I try to keep them upgraded for when I hit R8, but again until R8 they're not going to be an upgrade.

I get what you're saying about regretting buying blue essence later on, but I think I need the valor. MM rogues just absolutely tear me to hell, I can deal with most other classes but not them - I was hoping an extra 200 valor might help in that area.
    Indeed, I would recommend trying to get more valour asap, but by grinding rep and getting the better caster essences rather than effectively wasting favour by getting the blue ones. Get a group together and go close PvP rifts for a while, its not too bad of a grind. The cost will really come and bite you later, take it from someone currently grinding R8 gear. The upgrades in stats on your armour are indeed negligible though, so they probably take low priority (except to activate your crystal).

In any case though, it is ofc up to you, but I'd recommend grinding up some rep and getting the purple essences.
    Mage PvP build guides:
    Sc/Pyro - mobile DPS, ChloroChon - support for low ranks

Dont waste your favor on the blue ones

Shadowlander

Just like other said don't waste on blue ones.

You will eventually go for 6 purple(33 valor) for max valor and its better to save favor now.

I'd recommend just buy the source engine (with 50 valor of course) and put 6 best 100 inscribed lesser for now.

And later when you maxed your rep and have enough favor buy another source engine and put all 6 purple valor lesser in it.

That's how my warrior is atm. I use the max valor source engine when we lack healers etc. I use the other one with 100 inscribed lesser when I wanna hit harder.
    Last edited by Shoegazer; 12-25-2011 at 03:57 AM.

i disagree compleatly. the + valor makes difference. my mage curently has 1 epic one. im waiting on the rep for the last 2. that valor (add sup to 100+) is worth it. do not listen to these tools saying its not worth it.

dmg reductioin = worth it
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

The lessers will benefit you the most right now. But will slow you down a bit in the long run
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

Get the gear. Wait to buy the 33 valor epics, then fill the rest with stat+endurance life lessers.

WHt everyone else above has said already.
    Ignore the lesser valor essences until you hit r6 and are able to get the epic essence.
    Rmeember to tick the bottom so you can see the cleric essences which are nice as well.

+ Reply to Thread