+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shep123
  • 1 Post By Tigruz

Thread: new tier of pvp gear should use this

Shadowlander

Default new tier of pvp gear should use this

Instead of rank 9 and 10 I think tokens should drop at an extremely low rate from slain enemy players. These tokens should only drop for rank 8 players and should be class and slot specific. For instance if the warrior boots token dropped then only a rank 8 warrior could roll at all.

Once acquired these tokens can be turned in to a pvp vendor along with 100ish marks of.retribution in exchange for an OrAnge piece. These Orange pieces should be a small upgrade from r8 gear but also contain vengeance so.pvp will not break pve and so that pvp gear will become best in slot when playing against players

Finally, these tokens should have a low drop rate and be warfront or zone specific. For instance port of scion may drop the belt and boots while codex drops gloves and shoulders.
    World pvp could work similarly with a ring from shimmersAnd or a neck piece from embers island.

Once every pvp relic was obtained the relic pvp weapon could be exchanged for the rank 8 weapon and the weapon token which would have N extremely low drop rate and a lot of.vengeance.

TL DR: class specific tokens should drop from players to be exchanged for relics in leue of ranks 9 and 10

sweet idea. BUT what happens when RNG slaps some 1 in the face for weeks on end?
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Quote Originally Posted by namahs View Post
    Instead of rank 9 and 10 I think tokens should drop at an extremely low rate from slain enemy players. These tokens should only drop for rank 8 players and should be class and slot specific. For instance if the warrior boots token dropped then only a rank 8 warrior could roll at all.

Once acquired these tokens can be turned in to a pvp vendor along with 100ish marks of.retribution in exchange for an OrAnge piece. These Orange pieces should be a small upgrade from r8 gear but also contain vengeance so.pvp will not break pve and so that pvp gear will become best in slot when playing against players

Finally, these tokens should have a low drop rate and be warfront or zone specific. For instance port of scion may drop the belt and boots while codex drops gloves and shoulders.
    World pvp could work similarly with a ring from shimmersAnd or a neck piece from embers island.

Once every pvp relic was obtained the relic pvp weapon could be exchanged for the rank 8 weapon and the weapon token which would have N extremely low drop rate and a lot of.vengeance.

TL DR: class specific tokens should drop from players to be exchanged for relics in leue of ranks 9 and 10
    No thanks. Anything that makes me have to queue for Port Scion is a terrible idea.

Shadowlander

I like the idea of taking some of the tediousness out of the favor grind. We'd be trading one grind for another, but part of the addictive nature of an MMO is that feeling of elation one gets when that coveted piece finally drops for you from some PvE event. I'd take that over the maddening sense you start to get after staring at an XP bar thinking, 340k more until I get my upgrade...

In fact, if I had my way, I'd do both so that the RNG system doesn't neglect anyone. Similar to how rift handles end game PvE gear already.
    -------------
    Barrel Rider <Seastone>

Rift Disciple

One of the things I despise most about PvP in this game is getting spammed with loot rolls when random green ****/pots drop while I'm trying to kill something. That said I vehemently argue against any idea that will increase the rate at which this happens.
    I don't think. I don't feel. I don't laugh or cry. All I do from dusk till dawn is make Guardian soldiers die.

Quote Originally Posted by namahs View Post

Overall, I like the idea a lot.

The only thing I'm leery about is making the gear gap even wider than it already is. I guess it would boil down to just how small the upgrade is between rank 8 gear and the new gear.

Just as a thought, you could also add some strictly cosmetic items to the system. The cosmetic items could (but don't necessarily have to be) be available to the lower ranks as well as rank 8 players.

I think it is a cool idea.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Would be a great idea if the factions were balanced, but since they are horribly unbalanced it would be unfair to defiants, most of which wait in queue triple the time of the guardians.

If they made the Warfronts red vs. blue then I would be all for this, but until then this is a bad idea.
    <Retired>

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    Would be a great idea if the factions were balanced, but since they are horribly unbalanced it would be unfair to defiants, most of which wait in queue triple the time of the guardians.

If they made the Warfronts red vs. blue then I would be all for this, but until then this is a bad idea.
    Agree, and disagree. It already takes Defiant longer to gear up anyways because of queue times. Wouldn't really be anything new.

Red v Blue I think would be badass though.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Agree, and disagree. It already takes Defiant longer to gear up anyways because of queue times. Wouldn't really be anything new.

Red v Blue I think would be badass though.
    Ya, but doesn't mean we should widen the gap of gear between guardians and defiants. It doesn't matter to me because I'd welcome the challenge, but I know the general population (cry babies) would be up in arms and demand an immediate nerf.

I really, really, really hope for the sake of PvP in this game that they introduce Red vs. Blue or some sort of system that doesn't revolve around 2 factions because face it, who actually cares about RP when it comes to PvP...
    <Retired>

Yeah sounds like a good idea.

Must be because I'm drunk but Red vs Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeypher View Post
    Yeah sounds like a good idea.

Must be because I'm drunk but Red vs Blue?
    Guardians/Defiants are allowed to team up with each other to face other Guardians/Defiants; one team would just be labeled the Red team and the other Blue. Hope that was clear enough to understand while being drunk.
    <Retired>

+ Reply to Thread