+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New Dev Q&A disappointing

Default New Dev Q&A disappointing

I define a "Nerf" as any change that makes a player less effective. If you have a strong boxer with long arms and a strong boxer with short arms- the boxer with reach is more effective. If you then give the other boxer longer arms, you make the original "long arm" boxer less effective. So there are multiple ways to Nerf.

If I play 1600 hours, as I have, to get to where I am, you can also negate my time spent by allowing someone to obtain it in much less time.

So Trion makes this disclosure and then tries to cover it up:

Another project we are currently working on is reducing the massive jump in power between Hammerknell (and PvP Rank 8 players) and the rest of the game. Not to worry we’re not nerfing anyone!
    The fact is, this IS a nerf. If you make a change that makes a lower level more effective and reduces a high level from being as competitive- it's a Nerf. WHY even lie and say it's not? At least have the resolve and intestinal fortitude to own up to it and explain it.

Many of us, and more to come, invest hundreds of hours improving ourselves to be competitive. It's an investment. You then ruin my investment- in my opinion. Perhaps the less investment you have the less it ruins you.

While this is of a huge benefit to new players, it's a huge detriment to established players. I'm already bored, swtor is more fun and now you come out and Nerf and try to lie about it. Tell me why I should invest in ranks and time?
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

I'm happy about that, TBH.
    Low rank QQers will have even more of a reason to shut up, and I'll have more competition.
    ~Quiescent

Default ..

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I'm happy about that, TBH.
    Low rank QQers will have even more of a reason to shut up, and I'll have more competition.
    Whether the change is positive or negative depends on you investment. Regardless of how you see this- they are trying to lie and say it's not a Nerf.

Two different topics
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    Whether the change is positive or negative depends on you investment. Regardless of how you see this- they are trying to lie and say it's not a Nerf.

Two different topics
    So basically, if they buff Chloro healing they're nerfing Cleric healing?
    ~Quiescent

Default ..

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    So basically, if they buff Chloro healing they're nerfing Cleric healing?
    Are you seriously asking this? Technically they are if the two are competing ( against each other, for a raid spot or group v group). It's a pretty simple concept but if you have trouble, I've included a boxing analogy that might help.

Rift Disciple

I'm still baffled by the people that are flabbergasted when their precious character is changed/nerfed/buffed/etc... in an MMO. This is what happens in these kinds of games. Stop making QQ posts every time you feel like you're being personally slighted by minor changes.

You need to either get use to the constant change, or find a different genre of game.

Default ..

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatShabba View Post
    I'm still baffled by the people that are flabbergasted when their precious character is changed/nerfed/buffed/etc... in an MMO. This is what happens in these kinds of games. Stop making QQ posts every time you feel like you're being personally slighted by minor changes.

You need to either get use to the constant change, or find a different genre of game.
    I own 4 accounts I play at the same time, I have thousands of plat, rank 8s and HK classes. I don't care what they change- I care that they lie about it.

Moron

Curious, do we even know what we are talking about yet other than drawing our own meanings and interpretations from that quote? Perhaps wait to see what is truly meant then start taking sides? I see what was said but without knowing what is going to change what are we even talking about?

I own 4 accounts I play at the same time, I have thousands of plat, rank 8s and HK classes. I don't care what they change- I care that they lie about it.

Moron
    I am so sure.....

Moron :

Am I as cool as you know?
    "You lost me at Balance"

Rift Disciple

Moron
    Tell me where they are lying. You're inferring that they're "nerfing" you based on a single quote about a possible change in the distant future.

Also, you're not fooling anyone when you say you've invested hundreds of hours to be "competitive." You just want to be able to faceroll over newbs and laugh at their corpses.

Moron
    Congrats. You bought 3 accounts or were given accounts from friends who quit. Who cares.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

On topic:

Where can I find the Q&A o.O
    "You lost me at Balance"

Are you seriously asking this? Technically they are if the two are competing ( against each other, for a raid spot or group v group). It's a pretty simple concept but if you have trouble, I've included a boxing analogy that might help.
    I'm seriously asking this, because I think you're being irrational, delusional and jerking your knee when it doesn't need to be jerked.
    ~Quiescent

RIFT Guide Writer

I define a "Nerf" as any change that makes a player less effective. If you have a strong boxer with long arms and a strong boxer with short arms- the boxer with reach is more effective. If you then give the other boxer longer arms, you make the original "long arm" boxer less effective. So there are multiple ways to Nerf.

If I play 1600 hours, as I have, to get to where I am, you can also negate my time spent by allowing someone to obtain it in much less time.

So Trion makes this disclosure and then tries to cover it up:

The fact is, this IS a nerf. If you make a change that makes a lower level more effective and reduces a high level from being as competitive- it's a Nerf. WHY even lie and say it's not? At least have the resolve and intestinal fortitude to own up to it and explain it.

Many of us, and more to come, invest hundreds of hours improving ourselves to be competitive. It's an investment. You then ruin my investment- in my opinion. Perhaps the less investment you have the less it ruins you.

While this is of a huge benefit to new players, it's a huge detriment to established players. I'm already bored, swtor is more fun and now you come out and Nerf and try to lie about it. Tell me why I should invest in ranks and time?
    Arena would solve this.

Skill being more important than gear. Only if that was the set up, it really is sad that no skill is involved with PvP currently.

I gotta agree with above poster. The pvp in rift is who get to who first and can mash the 1 button faster. That's y swtor is so refreshing. It allows u to actually have to play better to be better and combat is very slowed down because of no auto atack and slow ability que. Its nice finally seperating good from bad because of skill rather then finger speed lol. I gotta agree arena would also help since u could grind ur rank gear to max and the fight on equal gear levels atleast which would again seperate good from bad to a certain extent. I didn't see the q n a. What else did they talk about pvp wise? Anything at all that brings hope to the mass of pvpers waiting around still? Just curious if u could post the rest of the q n a.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast