Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: So...

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,446

    Default So...

    RIFT has to do something spectacular with pvp. Im falling in love with the force...


    King of RIFT

  2. #2
    Qia
    Qia is offline
    Champion of Telara Qia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    They will not.
    Ip

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    nothing spectacular with the forces' pvp either?

  4. #4
    Qia
    Qia is offline
    Champion of Telara Qia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    nothing spectacular with the forces' pvp either?
    It's the same as every other PvP MMO as far as I can tell, with a small exception.
    High amounts of Star Wars fans saying everything is balanced (even if they didn't do PvP yet), because Bioware said so.
    Last edited by Qia; 12-23-2011 at 03:41 AM.
    Ip

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,188

    Default

    Big *** IP combined with promotion (see EA/biow). It doesnt matter that it's not different.
    PVPers will go there and start whining all over again by the time the shinny stick novelty wears off for and then they'll just jump to whatever else comes out next and go over the same boring cycle until they get a job or a woman (they wish)


    he DID get hit by a bus it seems

    #1 Cleric World vanilla/preF2P SL. All Raids CQed

  6. #6
    Ascendant Cromagis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,793

    Default

    Star wars pvp is the most clunky piece of junk I've ever seen.

    It's even funnier when an Inquisitor lightnings you got 1k + damage multiple times.

    Oh - And when melee damage doesn't register.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

    Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

  7. #7
    Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    522

    Default

    SWTOR is hardly a PvP tour de force, PvPers are not excited about it in the way they are by say GW2, in many respects it is fairly average, yet even SWTOR lets you play red on blue in Huttball, has RvR, has a FFA zone, has better designed warzone (warfronts) maps (from a gameplay point of view), which frankly just shows up how lacking Rift is when it comes to PvP.

    Also as a personal preference I find the more rounded (hybrid) classes in SWTOR to be more fun.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    SWTOR is hardly a PvP tour de force, PvPers are not excited about it in the way they are by say GW2, in many respects it is fairly average, yet even SWTOR lets you play red on blue in Huttball, has RvR, has a FFA zone, has better designed warzone (warfronts) maps (from a gameplay point of view), which frankly just shows up how lacking Rift is when it comes to PvP.

    Also as a personal preference I find the more rounded (hybrid) classes in SWTOR to be more fun.
    From what I've heard Huttball is the only Red v. Blue WZ and people are already tired of playing it 3 days into launch because Empire outnumbers the Republic so vastly that 8/10 games end up being Huttball.

    I've also heard that skill responsiveness is so bad it's almost gamebreaking. Having to wait extra time for a skill to actually go off, if it goes off at all. Doesn't sound like something I'd be endorsing. Which is why if I do play SWTOR, it probably won't be for another month or so, till all these ridiculously bad glitches and clear PvP short-comings are addressed. And if they're not, then there is zero reason to invest in the game.
    Saved@Briarcliff
    I play a Mage, just throwing it out there.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Scarybadlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    RIFT has to do something spectacular with pvp. Im falling in love with the force...
    The force is great. The pvp scaling in bg's is sweet love seeing my name as top kills when I'm on a lvl15 aginst lvl 30 plus. The pve part is beyond awesome. Still not giving up on rift the soulsystem is the best in mmo history still an hard to give up. Now hopefully when I log in I stil have a account after last nights hack. Man I hope trion isn't puttin as littl effort into pvp as thy do security cause pretty much every aspect of rift is starting to fail.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

  10. #10
    Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmprov View Post
    From what I've heard Huttball is the only Red v. Blue WZ and people are already tired of playing it 3 days into launch because Empire outnumbers the Republic so vastly that 8/10 games end up being Huttball.
    Yes faction balance is poor, bad faction balance seems to be the norm for games that idiotically go the two faction route, I guess Bioware didn't didn't have much option on the number of factions though...

    There is also a simple cure for those fed up of Huttball, roll Republic. Furthermore as bad as getting Huttball popping most of the time is, the equivalent in Rift for those who have been on an imbalanced battlegroup is worse, you get nothing, but long, long wait times.

    Quote Originally Posted by lmprov View Post
    I've also heard that skill responsiveness is so bad it's almost gamebreaking. Having to wait extra time for a skill to actually go off, if it goes off at all. Doesn't sound like something I'd be endorsing. Which is why if I do play SWTOR, it probably won't be for another month or so, till all these ridiculously bad glitches and clear PvP short-comings are addressed. And if they're not, then there is zero reason to invest in the game.
    I've found it fine, but then I guess it depends on what server you are on, how far from the data centers you are etc...

    It has also only been out a few days, so failing to attain perfection immediately is frankly to be expected.

    Yet even only a few days old it has features that people having been asking for in Rift for months...
    Last edited by Flimble; 12-23-2011 at 07:11 AM.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    I do notice a skill delay and combat is a little clunky atm, but im having a great time. Its not as smooth as RIFT pvp but damn it is fun.


    King of RIFT

  12. #12
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Dude, what are you talking about?!
    They changed the graphics on R8 PvP gear only 2.5 patches after it came out!

    ...seriously, that alone made some people come back. Imagine if Trion actually cared about PvP.
    It might already be too late ><
    ~Quiescent

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Dude, what are you talking about?!
    They changed the graphics on R8 PvP gear only 2.5 patches after it came out!

    ...seriously, that alone made some people come back. Imagine if Trion actually cared about PvP.
    It might already be too late ><
    I think i still have another month or so for RIFT until my sub runs out. A warrior buff alone will not get me to come back. I already face roll people so it wont be much of a change for me


    King of RIFT

  14. #14
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmprov View Post
    From what I've heard Huttball is the only Red v. Blue WZ and people are already tired of playing it 3 days into launch because Empire outnumbers the Republic so vastly that 8/10 games end up being Huttball.

    I've also heard that skill responsiveness is so bad it's almost gamebreaking. Having to wait extra time for a skill to actually go off, if it goes off at all. Doesn't sound like something I'd be endorsing. Which is why if I do play SWTOR, it probably won't be for another month or so, till all these ridiculously bad glitches and clear PvP short-comings are addressed. And if they're not, then there is zero reason to invest in the game.
    This is absolutely the case (except Huttball. I love Huttball. It's also great playing your guildies if the queues work out that way.)

    There is huge lag in abilities. I don't get any responsive feedback when I use an ability. I had to turn ability queue off because it alleviated it somewhat. Raid Frames still don't work all the time and healers have resorted to clicking on the people their pocket healing to verify that the Raid Frames is correct in saying that the person has full health. Whenever I log into Rift by chance, I just can't get over how smooth and fluid it is.

    But at the same time. It's new. It's fresh. It's got content. And at the very, very, very least. They have publicly stated that they are invested in the PvP side of the game. That is something that Trion has never, ever done.

    The most heartbreaking thing is that Rift has a platform superior for PvP than ToR in almost every single way. They just didn't expand on it fast enough. And I'm fairly convinced that it's too late. Too many great, good, average, and bad but enthusiastic PvPers have left this game. I don't know if it's salvageable at this point.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

    puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

  15. #15
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    I think i still have another month or so for RIFT until my sub runs out. A warrior buff alone will not get me to come back. I already face roll people so it wont be much of a change for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    The most heartbreaking thing is that Rift has a platform superior for PvP than ToR in almost every single way. They just didn't expand on it fast enough. And I'm fairly convinced that it's too late. Too many great, good, average, and bad but enthusiastic PvPers have left this game. I don't know if it's salvageable at this point.
    Coming from two top-end PvPers.. Yeah. Makes me sad
    ~Quiescent

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts