+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help a R2 Warrior out

Default Help a R2 Warrior out

So I'm planning on sitting down and getting some PvP done, now that I've gotten my PvE gear to a point where I believe I might be able to contribute to a group without relying on a full tank build just to stay alive. Gear-wise, I have a HK weapon with the 4pc Champ bonus, crit cap and roughly 6.5k unbuffed HP.

Now I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit of scrub to RIFT PvP, and would like to hear from you forum warriors what I'm doing wrong with my builds, as I'm finding that even with more DPS stats than a P8 Warrior, I'm doing less damage than other Warriors that are only P6. I understand that a majority of this comes from experience in PvP in general, but I also think that builds have a lot to do with it as well.

The three builds I'm using are:

5WL/33Champ/28VK
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...RMGzb.tczqcziz

51RB/15Champ/0Vind
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...tdsrGdsR.VhM0V

38VK/28RB/0Vind
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...zoM.tcuqcziudz

As far as playstyle, I'm waiting for someone else to initiate, then pick a likely caster or MM rogue and do everything I can to burn them down as quickly as possible. If I live, I find another likely target (Usually a healer) And burn them until I die or they die. For the most part, I target Mages first, as I know that if they get the first cast off I'm done for.

so thanks in advance for any help I'm offered.
    5/5 GSP 5/5 ROS 4/4 DH 4/4 GP 10/11 HK
    Playing the game the way it's meant to be played. For fun.

Ascendant

Unfortunately being only R2 and trying to keep the 4pc (you are right?), you're going to be pretty low on Valor and drop even faster than other Warriors.

I'd imagine a lot will depend on if you have a healer or not - If so you can probably get away with a more glass cannon spec (51CH, Parachamp, 51rb/15para or ch). I'm guessing your HK weapon is a 2h? Or do you have 2 1H's also?

I wouldn't even bother with 38vk/28rb honestly - With low Valor/HP it kind of defeats the purpose IMO. You're going to get blown up too fast to kill anything and "outlast" them.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

You may want to try something like 51RB/15VK/0Vind. You can keep your 4 piece in this spec and still do well. I find this to be a better build in some ways than the 51RB/15Champ variant because purge is such a nice skill to have in many situations. You also get discharge, which gives you more burst at the cost of 5 power if you get the power reduction talents in the VK tree. I use this build for soloing around in World PvP zones, and it works very well.

I use my 4 piece in PvP all the time, you don't really notice a huge difference. Just be sure to use thunder strike as your main builder.
    Last edited by Carnefice; 12-22-2011 at 01:54 PM.

<Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

Quote Originally Posted by Ympulse View Post
    Now I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit of scrub to RIFT PvP, and would like to hear from you forum warriors what I'm doing wrong with my builds, as I'm finding that even with more DPS stats than a P8 Warrior, I'm doing less damage than other Warriors that are only P6. I understand that a majority of this comes
    If dmg+ good hp + survivability are what you looking for
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...0ukz.tczqczrud
    Just spam tempest,Ragestorm and Sweeping strike with 3 rever dot.
    or 51RB/15pala
    Spam Sweeping strike whenever the CD is down.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

+ Reply to Thread