+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Death to PVP

Shadowlander

Default Death to PVP

This is just a quick heads up to the Trion that pvp is dying in rift. You made WFs an endless grind and once a anyone hits full r8 there is real no incentive to play. i know the fact that true pvpers get bored and you will have to cater to them.

Suggestion:
    1. Release r9/r10 equipment.
    2. implement an arena type area where same factions(2 groups does not matter the number as long as your in the raid or party).
    3. 2v2, 5v5,10vs10 arena (across all battle-group - matches are determined by rank - rewards are titles and bragging rights) - i know this will bring back some of the top players.
    4. right now due to holidays and swotr being out the population is going to dwindle. however, we are not losing players but entire guilds to this game so please work on making everything better. th enew r8 gear change is refreshing and keep that up.
    5. consolidate servers(all servers should have high/full population). no one wants to play on a dead server.

I am just one voice but maybe some top pvpers can make some suggestions. overall i like this game and want this game to survive.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhealz View Post
    This is just a quick heads up to the Trion that pvp is dying in rift. You made WFs an endless grind and once a anyone hits full r8 there is real no incentive to play. i know the fact that true pvpers get bored and you will have to cater to them.

Suggestion:
    1. Release r9/r10 equipment.
    2. implement an arena type area where same factions(2 groups does not matter the number as long as your in the raid or party).
    3. 2v2, 5v5,10vs10 arena (across all battle-group - matches are determined by rank - rewards are titles and bragging rights) - i know this will bring back some of the top players.
    4. right now due to holidays and swotr being out the population is going to dwindle. however, we are not losing players but entire guilds to this game so please work on making everything better. th enew r8 gear change is refreshing and keep that up.
    5. consolidate servers(all servers should have high/full population). no one wants to play on a dead server.

I am just one voice but maybe some top pvpers can make some suggestions. overall i like this game and want this game to survive.
    1. Rank 9/10 won't come out until the next raid tier to match the gear levels.
    2. I wouldn't mind a "red vs. blue" warfront or mode even for our existing warfronts.
    3. I'm pretty sure a lot of people here do not want to see arenas ever put into this game, mostly because it'll cause endless amounts of complaints about balance and such. It'll be an even bigger nightmare. However, if they actually do put arenas in, I'd say no smaller than 5v5.
    4. No comment.
    5. Some battlegroups/shards could definitely use this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    1. Rank 9/10 won't come out until the next raid tier to match the gear levels.
    2. I wouldn't mind a "red vs. blue" warfront or mode even for our existing warfronts.
    3. I'm pretty sure a lot of people here do not want to see arenas ever put into this game, mostly because it'll cause endless amounts of complaints about balance and such. It'll be an even bigger nightmare. However, if they actually do put arenas in, I'd say no smaller than 5v5.
    4. No comment.
    5. Some battlegroups/shards could definitely use this.
    Go play Aion it's all PvP.

RIFT is clearly a PvE-focused game with PvP options. You don't like it then you may need to leave, sadly. A number of players are unhappy about PvP but from what I can see, it's more the gap to R8 than being R8. If you're so hardcore that you want constant high Rank PvP challenges, I am not sure if this is the game for you, based on Trion's clear focus on PvE Raiding.

Just sayin'.
    Linkedin
    Crushing noobs in RIFT PvP since 2011

But since PvP already IS in Rift, why not to improve it? I know first hand that many PvPers who left would come back to Rift to play arena type games ...
    Last edited by Maul STK; 12-22-2011 at 08:01 AM.

I find it ironic that I'm pvping to get items for use in pve raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Maul STK View Post
    But since PvP already IS in Rift, why not to improve it? I know first hand that many PvPers who left would come back to Rift to play arena type games ...
    Seeing that Rift is a PvE focused game PvP changes will only come.. very very slowly over time. Unless we whine like little girls and create a thread with 20 pages long they might do it now. Hint hint, *wink wink*

hey, that is how SCs got nerfed!

Ur right literally entire guilds are leavin. I'm on dayblind and from what I see when I log in I think the entire guardian population left. Pvp was so important in rift and they messed it up. I've never in 10 years of mmos seen a games playerbase leave so fast. They needed to do something 2 patches ago now I don't know if they can do anything anymore its too late at this point probably. I keep talking about this cause I really wanted to atleast play rift for the pvp but its so stale now. Well hopefuly one day they ill see what they did at trion and look back hinking what if.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Maul STK View Post

well to make things simple, it does not need to be arena but just group vs group battles (<=10) of the same faction.

Also, with a thread like this makes me sad. this game could have been sooo much....
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...vper-read.html
    Last edited by shadowhealz; 12-22-2011 at 08:30 AM.

I don't agree compltely about the pve focus. The pve in rift is ok at best. Its not as history rich as wow and swtor story line is light years ahead (no pun intended). I said it before and ill say it again the pvp was the largest part of the games community and may have been the way to save this game. Look at wow a completely pve focused game at launch and it never hit its highest population #'s until arena was intoduced and arena is what keeps it going and keep me for aexample logging in every week for my 10 t0 20 games just to get my glad mount and title as much as possible.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybadlady View Post
    I don't agree compltely about the pve focus. The pve in rift is ok at best. Its not as history rich as wow and swtor story line is light years ahead (no pun intended). I said it before and ill say it again the pvp was the largest part of the games community and may have been the way to save this game. Look at wow a completely pve focused game at launch and it never hit its highest population #'s until arena was intoduced and arena is what keeps it going and keep me for aexample logging in every week for my 10 t0 20 games just to get my glad mount and title as much as possible.
    for starters, same faction group vs group battle(<=10) type will help. because a lot of times the best players are on your own faction and you want to know if you can beat them in group battle. why group, because you get to play with your friends or whoever.

Now Let's Get Ready to Rumble!
    all stars (10 elites) vs. army of one (who knows their role - soldiers).
    Last edited by shadowhealz; 12-22-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Telaran

we wantz arenas thx. as fresh r8 that just got my last piece of r8 equipment last week i totally agree with thread maker about how pvp gets boring after u reach top.

PvP, in my battlegroup, seems pretty alive and well to me (talking about the seastone crew). I spend some hours there every day and that's my current report. Ya know our game is fine imho. It's only when I venture to the forums that I find everything so filled with gloom and doom. What's with that?
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Seastone is the only haven left for pvp. If u look at riftstatus.net and check the trneds seastone is the only shard not showing huge declines. I'm also going to finally try one last time to transfer and see if I can have fun again and after that if its the same thing as its been everywhere else and pop declines and wpvp is baren then gonna give away account for free.

Prophet of Telara

Arena's are going to save Rift PvP? Get real. WoW's the only MMO to use them, and they almost ruined the already-pathetic PvP there.

WoW PvP was only enhanced with Wintergrasp, DAOC's PvP was well thought of due to the frontiers (also open PvP areas), so why not ask for open PvP areas with objectives, etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybadlady View Post
    I said it before and ill say it again the pvp was the largest part of the games community and may have been the way to save this game.
    Source? I think you are completely wrong about this.

All for improving PvP in RIFT. It will happen slowly. Lower your expectations or find a PvP oriented game, like Aion.
    Linkedin
    Crushing noobs in RIFT PvP since 2011

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast