+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Wow, just hit 50 tonight, please put me back to L40! PvP is lame

Plane Touched

Default Wow, just hit 50 tonight, please put me back to L40! PvP is lame

Un-freaking real! I'm a healer always have been, saved up 80,000 favor on my way to 50 and got every piece I could get by requirements. Granted my gear is not great, but people I am trying to heal are well geared. The DAMAGE OUTPUT is beyond stupid! No point even trying to heal, my best heals do 1/10th of the incoming damage. It went from pure skill, balls out fun at the L 40 bracket to lame as can be pigeon holed burst damage, no brains, no skill clusterF. Unreal, what a waste of a great game and pvp strategy.

This game needs a system wide Warfront debuff "all damage reduced by 50%" in warfront, it's not even a tab bit about skill, you cant do anything but watch people die, healing is useless, damage is insane and utility strategy is gone.

Put me back to L 40 please!!!

While I agree the dispareties are big, you're playing an MMO. Gear grind is a part of the game.
    Trion's released favor and experience vials, as well as the holiday bonus and the warfront weekends. Matched warfronts are now a thing, you'll be put with more people your rank and you'll know it.

In the same way you can't expect to be fully decked out in hex gear and Akylios relics as soon as you get 320 hit/focus, you shouldn't expect to be the top healer in your WF without a little grinding.

EDIT: And stop making judgements about post-50 PvP on the first day, lol...
    Last edited by Zaros; 12-20-2011 at 10:01 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Plane Touched

its the damage output that concerns me, that's not going to change no matter my gear level. my healing will increase a touch, but no where near enough to be effective. It just made pvp healing just about useless, I fear I will need to go burst dps, dummy macro spam spec like all the others, that's a really crappy thought.
    Last edited by motral; 12-20-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Uh, as a P1 Bard I was doing insane heals and could change the tides of the games.
    You're grossly over-exaggerating.
    You JUST dinged 50, and you're already whining. Man-up.

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

Plane Walker

My p1 bard pushed out top heals in a scion. Stop the qq op.

Quote Originally Posted by Parfaite View Post
    Uh, as a P1 Bard I was doing insane heals and could change the tides of the games.
    You're grossly over-exaggerating.
    You JUST dinged 50, and you're already whining. Man-up.
    Mage PvP.

fresh 50: Try to use TI and debuff the enemy from on top of a cliff. Warrior ports you down. You die.

r1: Repeat
    r2: Repeat
    r3: Repeat
    r4: Chlorodom class unlocked! (lol)
    r5: repeat steps r1-r4
    r6: You're now capable of killing things without help. Congrats.
    r7: Its getting good!
    r8: People demand your class be nerfed. Proceed to LOLOLOL at them.

Note: This is not at all an accurate representation of Mage Pvp outside of r1-r4. LoLoL

Quote Originally Posted by motral View Post
    its the damage output that concerns me, that's not going to change no matter my gear level. my healing will increase a touch, but no where near enough to be effective. It just made pvp healing just about useless, I fear I will need to go burst dps, dummy macro spam spec like all the others, that's a really crappy thought.
    Do you know what "Valor" is?
    Again...Stop judging the metagame PvP when it's your first day, please.
    As you become higher ranked, you'll gain access to way more utility through the use of the PvP soul (it's really good for Clerics) and eventually you'll hit 1200 valor and every single hit you take in PvP gets a flat 47% reduction.

Also, going from a fresh 50 in greens to a fully geared R8 will not increase your healing "a touch", it will increase the output five, if not tenfold. You'll learn what placement is, what builds to use, and get better gear, if you manage to last that long.

Take it from me though, healing is the most valuable asset to any form of PvP. Buck up for a while, it's not that bad. It will only get better from here.
    ~Quiescent

To get this straight, you went from being god-like with your healing in the 40s bracket where 3/4ths of the people were just in leveling gear, basically you were on top in it and nobody could really kill you or the people you were healing. Now you hit 50 and are at the bottom of the pile again and you don't like that, right?
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    To get this straight, you went from being god-like with your healing in the 40s bracket where 3/4ths of the people were just in leveling gear, basically you were on top in it and nobody could really kill you or the people you were healing. Now you hit 50 and are at the bottom of the pile again and you don't like that, right?
    Level 1-49 provides improved stats s this argument doesn't really work too well.

Plane Touched

I expect to die and be squishy, I only have 5 valor items, its geared players that I can't even remotely help that concerns me, I pretty much feel almost useless, hindering rather then helping the cause. Don't act as though its my first rodeo either, 80,000 valor on the way up is a hell of a lot of matches, I know very well how to play my class .... my issue is that I want from very effective to just about useless in 1 level and I really don't feel like being a macro spam dps tool, I see plenty of those, its not my style.

As a rank 1, your DPS would be even less useful in the WF's. I'd stay heals and just work your way up.

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Parfaite View Post
    As a rank 1, your DPS would be even less useful in the WF's. I'd stay heals and just work your way up.
    At ANY rank, your DPS will be less useful.
    ~Quiescent

I'm the first one to cry foul when it comes to gear disparity.

But...

I have to agree with the majority here.

When you're coming in fresh off the street (i.e. rank 1) you should expect to have to put up with some hard knocks and disappointments. There is hope though. As you rank up (and the first few ranks really do come pretty fast) you're effectiveness will increase.

And, Trion has recently started matching WF's by rank, which will make you even more effective because you will be healing people relatively close to your own rank. Granted, the system is still a little shaky, but it's also brand new. Give them some time to work out the kinks.

I guess what I'm trying to say is give it time. As you rank you're heals will be more effective and, if Trion can figure out this matching system, you won't be facing as many hard hitters while you're still a small fry.
    Last edited by Meina; 12-20-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by motral View Post
    I expect to die and be squishy, I only have 5 valor items, its geared players that I can't even remotely help that concerns me, I pretty much feel almost useless, hindering rather then helping the cause. Don't act as though its my first rodeo either, 80,000 valor on the way up is a hell of a lot of matches, I know very well how to play my class .... my issue is that I want from very effective to just about useless in 1 level and I really don't feel like being a macro spam dps tool, I see plenty of those, its not my style.
    I have over 2 Million valor on my main now, and I consider myself inexperienced compared to many of the real expert pvpers, so I don't think 80K is gonna impress many people.

My experience is that healing makes a massive difference to the success or failure of a WF. Usually, the team with the most heals wins, and low ranked toons can contribute more from healing than dps. My cleric is P5 right now. I run her with a MASH healer spec and contributed a LOT more to the team by spamming DoL and the warden aoe heal than I ever did dpsing on my warrior at low ranks. Even at P2 she was often towards the top of the healing done lists.

I think it's great that you want to stick with healing. One thing this game (by which I mean any team I'm playing on as dps) lacks is enough good healers. Gearing up at low levels is fairly easy with bonus valor/prestige pots and bonus weekends. I was able to get my cleric to P4 in about 1-2 weeks of what I'd consider to be fairly casual play (I have a FT job and a family) so stick with it (unless you're a guardian in which case quit now )
    Last edited by Astelle; 12-21-2011 at 02:38 AM. Reason: edited for incompetent IT skills

Ishmael P77
    Shatari P77
    Astelle L54
    Stormbull L50

Ascendant

Well healers MUST DIE, otherwise all WF will end 0:0... simple fact. You get focussed as a healer thats why positioning is so important, and good supporters for you, who help you when you get attacked.

As lower rank, try to conentrate your heals on 1 max 2 targets, look at their gear, pick the r8 player at best. you will help him kill everything. Dont heal those r1 in pve green gear, its just wasted timed, they will die instant regardless of you healing them or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast