+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Feid
  • 2 Post By Taptap

Thread: driving away premade warfronts

Rift Disciple

Default driving away premade warfronts

I understand the QQ vrs premades

from what i was told. the system used to prioratize premades and now because of the forum QQ we have the system we have now.

wouldn't a better solution be to have premade vrs premade readily availiable.

either
    group duels
    or
    the ability to challenge other guilds to a WF
    make this rewardless to avoid farming exploits .

Some of us are happy we are done the grind and just want to play the game.
    I know alot of people came back to rift for p7-8 only to leave again once they reached that status.
    some were not just carrot followers and would have stayed had their been a better match making system for warfronts.

This has been said befor, and i know this. but if others like me do not bring it up over and over it will not happen.

people who hate and love premade warfronts should get on board because this helps both sides.

give it time. they listened about the wf segregation. they will about the competition that the community wants... just give it time........
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Only if you promise to stop killing me
    ~Quiescent

I agree with the OP. I'll go further and repeat what I've said before.

People like to play with their friends, and people like competition. But people don't like to get farmed in warfronts. I don't think that there is as high a percentage of people who don't like competition as there is that do like competition. But there is no system in place within the game to organize premades before they queue. One could use vent or mumble or teamspeak to organize, but it's not really practical. An ingame system would be practical.

It doesn't take a lot of imagination to think how such a system might work. Before both teams queue, have a pre-queue system used to assemble both teams (be they faction based or Team-A vs Team-B, it really doesn't matter but due to faction imbalance the latter rather than the former is probably more preferable).

Provide some sort of wargroup wide chat notification system that a pre-queue is being formed for a particular warfront, an automated notification system that can't be spammed, so that people know someone is starting a premade event that they can join. Let the "leader" of a team pre-fill their own pre-queue before optionally opening it up to interested pugs. It keeps repeating the notification every few minutes until the pre-queue gets filled for both teams or until one team cancels it. When the pre-queue gets filled for both teams, the match starts.

Rocket science, huh.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

As someone who solos Warfronts, I completely agree that premades should exist and I have no problem with them. However, with the matching system I've seen premades Vs a mish mash lvl of PuG that have ended horribly (from both sides). What happens (typically) is a mega spawn camp where the PuG side isn't even allowed to step off the spawn. I understand how a puggy would be p-ssed off about this.

Personally I would like to see more balance that is somewhat influenced by current dungeon queues. If a premade of 4 or 5 wants to enter a WF, they should be matched with an equal opposing team of a 4-5 member group, regardless of rank (to start). If the premade has to wait for another premade to form, tough poopie. The puggys can do their warfronts without the frustration of a more coordinated premade that more than likely uses a voice chat client. How hard is this?

Again, premades are fine by me, but I don't see what joy a premade would get by spawn camping in warfronts if they can just do that in world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    I agree with the OP. I'll go further and repeat what I've said before.

People like to play with their friends, and people like competition. But people don't like to get farmed in warfronts. I don't think that there is as high a percentage of people who don't like competition as there is that do like competition. But there is no system in place within the game to organize premades before they queue. One could use vent or mumble or teamspeak to organize, but it's not really practical. An ingame system would be practical.

It doesn't take a lot of imagination to think how such a system might work. Before both teams queue, have a pre-queue system used to assemble both teams (be they faction based or Team-A vs Team-B, it really doesn't matter but due to faction imbalance the latter rather than the former is probably more preferable).

Provide some sort of wargroup wide chat notification system that a pre-queue is being formed for a particular warfront, an automated notification system that can't be spammed, so that people know someone is starting a premade event that they can join. Let the "leader" of a team pre-fill their own pre-queue before optionally opening it up to interested pugs. It keeps repeating the notification every few minutes until the pre-queue gets filled for both teams or until one team cancels it. When the pre-queue gets filled for both teams, the match starts.

Rocket science, huh.

I've only read the first 2 sentences, and i completely agree, i want to pwn with my friends =)

not alone, with some crappy geared fluffer.

edit - wait i dont agree with the speak voice chat thingie :P i only agree with: People like to play with their friends, and people like competition. But people don't like to get farmed in warfronts. I don't think that there is as high a percentage of people who don't like competition as there is that do like competition.
    Last edited by Bionitro; 12-21-2011 at 11:35 AM.

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

Plane Touched

Would be nice to have an arena system like in City of Heroes / City of Villains (old MMO but only one I remember with that type of arena system) that would cross servers if not battlegroups. Wasn't used much in that game as it didn't cross servers & most organized PVP took place on the test server (was almost always available with character transfers from any server).
    It would allow you to setup arena matches on various maps that could be opened to pugs or set to invite only. It allowed you to set time limits, death counts for a win, different objectives, & so forth.

+ Reply to Thread