+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KalToreth
  • 1 Post By VeroMaestro

Thread: Enough is enough! A PVP Chloromancer on STRIKE! =)

Default Enough is enough! A PVP Chloromancer on STRIKE! =)

I refuse to heal as "pure Chloromancer healer" in pvp from now on.

Im on a Frackin STRIKE! =)
    Im on a healing strike from now on, as a chloro healer. Im gonna go dps all the way, to atleast contribute. Cause I cant contribute as a healer, unless were already winning anyway.
    Why ? Well - Read on if your up for some Wall of Text mode =)

I've been thinking alot for a few months about this. I've been really trying to talk my self out of it.
    But I give up. Beeing a pvp chloro healer painfull. I'ts nearly useless.

A chloromancer healer needs to hit to heal. This makes us pretty DAMN STRONG if we can actually hit stuff.
    Sounds good on paper. We all know it. Some games we see Chloromancer healers topping heals, dooing good damage, hell - Even got some good killshots - They HAVE to be OP! Right ??
    But THATS THE PROBLEM! - Why ?
    I will try to explain.

A Chloromancer in a pvp can be damn strong - But we are to damn dependant on our team. We just dont have the damn tools to make an impact.

Were to dependant on our team.
    We can NOT heal, if we dont dps.
    We can NOT dps if were dead.
    We can NOT hide behind the "lines" and heal.
    We can NOT stay alive if a equaly geared dps desides he wants us dead.
    We can NOT make a difference, if our TEAM is not better than the other side.
    We can NOT replenish our mana. At all! We have a spell that increases mana regen, for 30 sec. It can take ~800dmg, and its on 3min cd.
    We can NOT surivive any dps at all, if were focused. If melee, its a free kill. If a caster/ranger, we can LOS if anything is near enough, but lacking any good cc breaks, rarly able.
    We can NOT spam healing while running away. Everything we do is either 2sec or 2,5sec casts. An eternity in pvp for a 1button noob to disrupt and stop everthing.
    We can NOT macro everything into one button. (THANK GOD!) We can macro some, but since everything have a cd, cast time, and as a pure chloromancer, zero proc spells.

I so badly want to be a good healer in a Warfront as a mage, but I can't unless my team actually carries me. I dont want to be a cleric, I want to be able to contribute more as a Chloromancer healer.
    "Well roll damn Cleric, ya whiner!"

I have only this mage. I have played this mage since release. My ./played is aprox 32 days, and I dont even have any alts. At ALL! =) I've done this, because I have always prefered to play on character in mmo's, and really try to be good at it. Am I the best player about ? Hell no! But I am sure as HELL not a bad pvp player!
    This is what I CAN do..
    I CAN make alot of healing if my team is high dps, and forcing the other team to attack them.
    I CAN do good dps while healing, since its needed to even heal, of my team pulls "Player aggro" - Making them want to kill my dps instead of me.
    I CAN top healing if my team outgears the other team.
    I CAN make a ./yell EAT LEAVES MOTHAFOCKAS! because chloro healer throws leaves at you. =)

Im not a bad pvp player, i can god "Medusa build" and be crazy dmg, and actually contribute BIG TIME with my full p8 set, and actually good pvp skills. But I actually would like to be a good chloro healer in pvp, than a sick-strong dps player in PvP.

Im probably gonna wanna wish i said things, or change things about this post.
    Hell, its a long one - I even reccon players to start making posts a bout my post, not even having read it all - Which is ok. Wall of text is crap. But how could I make it shorter ? I should have made it alot longer.

Anyways .. Im not gonna quit =) Im not gonna stop playing =) Im not gonna sell my 'count on Ebay. Im gonna play for alot longer. Rift is to frickin fun!

But, im on a healing strike from now on, as a chloro healer. Im gonna go dps all the way, to atleast contribute. Cause I cant contribute as a healer, unless were already winning anyway

Am I ****** for saying this ?
    Everybody remember where we parked.
    -James Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, after landing the cloaked Klingon bird of prey in Golden Gate park

..and yes, I drive an electric car yo.

I've contributed tons as Chloro/Dom or Chloro/Lock before...not sure what you are doing wrong.
    <Retired>

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    I've contributed tons as Chloro/Dom or Chloro/Lock before...not sure what you are doing wrong.
    sure chloro dom is great, it's just not a top notch healer which is what he's complaining about.

Rift Disciple

I'm sorry your experience has been so bad. It's frustrating when you're getting rolled all the time and nothing you do seems to make a difference. Healing a bunch of rank 2's wearing blues and greens vs. rank 6+'s is going to make for a frustrating warfront.

BUT ...

I never heal as a 51 chloro in WF's. EVER. I always run as chlorolock. I've soloed 3-v-1 until help arrived (you have big survivability with some 'lock abilities + heals + cleanse). Running as a 51 chloro, I think, is just asking for trouble in a PvP setting (warfront or open world). I don't know if you ARE running 51 chloro, but I've never found that to be useful in PvP. Maybe others have.

You have to realize, sometimes your team will get eaten up - you included, and no amount of healing is going to help when you're vastly out-geared or out-played. There are fantastic PvP'ers on both sides, so you'll just have to take your lumps. But there are a lot of things you can do to help yourself and your team as a chlorolock.

A lot of the things you complain about are minimized with points in Warlock.

No mana regen? No problem. No survivability? No problem. No insta-cast on the run? No problem. Pro tip: you don't have to be facing a guy to cast a DoT on him ... and Warlock has 3 DoTs that are insta-cast.

I certainly hope you aren't one of those guys who specs 51 chloro, runs to the front of the lines and starts spamming Void Life, then wonders why you just got focus-fired and killed in 3 seconds. I've seen more than my share of those, and unfortunately, more than my share of those who then complain, "Why don't you protect me?"

Rift Master

You have to play chloro/lock for dmg mods and survival cds or chloro/dom for CC and drains. Pure chloro doesn't have the tools to function in a competitive pvp environment.

Rift Chaser

10 lock 51 chloro 5 am

I do great in WFs with this spec. Im consistently top heals and top 5 dmg. Not too many killing blows usually, but thats not the focus of the spec. Its all about doing as much life dmg as possible to heal your team. Radiant Spores, Nature's Fury when off CD, tab target Withering Vines as a filler, Ruin when off CD, Vile Spores on Opportunity procs. Wild Growth when off CD, Corrosion when close to the enemy. Instant heals are mainly for keeping yourself alive, not others. Opportunity proc Natural Healing when needed and possible. Forget about Void Life.

Works great for me!
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."

Rhetoricx (someone stole my name on Seastone)
    <Unreal>
    I wish Rift had PVP in it...

Default HERE mate! this is what i use

i net around 250k healing a match with this. in pvp. make sure you pop neds might on anythig you wanna dmg. that 3% increase helps

Try also putting your DotS on a cast @mouseover that way you can spread them in combat. consistent dmg out HELPS increase your hps

<my pvp healing spec>

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0z...0Ro.xxo.xx0M0c

the 10% proc is just flat out a necessity in pvp for us.

also Spores needs 100% uptime. find a good dps to duo que with. or WAIT at the spawn for a group of people to respawn.
    I save my big heal for myself (and the occasional other dps. ((sorry guys. if im dead you = no heals)

(imo withering spores needs to actually HEAL instead of lul heal)
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Best used for group healing.
    Damage dealt by the Mage heals up to 5 allies within 20 meters based on the damage done.
    Life damage converts 80% damage to healing.
    Life damage over time effects convert 90% of the initial damage tick to healing.
    All non-Life damage converts 5% damage to healing.
    Area effect damage generates 80% less healing than single target damage.
    The Mage cannot receive healing from other Veil effects while affected by this buff.
    Does not trigger a global cooldown.
    Receives no benefit from Synthesis.

NOT trying to be a **** but the underline is where i get jsut that "extra" hps from. procs i usually save for vines (as poopy as it is. getting 8 vines up a few exta VS bursts. Sustained hts = win))
    Last edited by Feid; 12-20-2011 at 08:47 PM.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

+ Reply to Thread