+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: PvP & Raiding cities.

Default PvP & Raiding cities.

Trion. I really wish you guys would end up nerfing the guards in Sanctum & Meridian a lot. It's damn near impossible for 4-5 people to go into a city and kill some defiants without the guards one shotting you.

I see 2 problems with this...

1) People (even those on PvP servers) do not like to have their questing / crafting / commerce / whatever interrupted by PvP.

2) More importantly, what you suggest could, and most likely would in a lot of cases, turn the game into a nightmare for some people.

Some shards have wildly skewed population balances. In some cases it's as high as 4 or 5 to 1. What I see happening on these servers is the higher populated faction simply moving into the under populated faction's capitol full time, making it impossible to play the game for the people who play the under populated faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    I see 2 problems with this...

1) People (even those on PvP servers) do not like to have their questing / crafting / commerce / whatever interrupted by PvP.

2) More importantly, what you suggest could, and most likely would in a lot of cases, turn the game into a nightmare for some people.

Some shards have wildly skewed population balances. In some cases it's as high as 4 or 5 to 1. What I see happening on these servers is the higher populated faction simply moving into the under populated faction's capitol full time, making it impossible to play the game for the people who play the under populated faction.
    PvP servers are PVP servers

Quote Originally Posted by Snookii View Post
    PvP servers are PVP servers
    PvP servers are only PvP servers as long as you have someone to PvP against.

Locking down the opposing factions city and making it impossible for them to do anything will accomplish only one thing. It will push every one of the opposing faction's players off the server, leaving you with the hollow victory of "conquering" a deserted city.

PvP servers are only PvP servers as long as you have someone to PvP against.

Locking down the opposing factions city and making it impossible for them to do anything will accomplish only one thing. It will push every one of the opposing faction's players off the server, leaving you with the hollow victory of "conquering" a deserted city.
    That wouldn't happen like you think it would.

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

I have an idea.. bring more than 4 or 5 people! I've done it on a PvE server with 20.

You'd be surprised...

You're right, a group locking down the other factions city to where they cant do anything wouldn't make people log off or leave the server if it happens often enough.

Make some friends if you want to go do that, I've seen it done with 20-30 people before.

Also, theres a big difference between pvp and griefing, what you're wanting to do is griefing.
    Last edited by Robes; 12-20-2011 at 05:28 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Champion

Well it might work if:

1 - The number / difficulty of the guards scaled to counteract the faction inbalance. (but then I guess that would only make it possible for the smaller faction to defend, they would still find it very difficult to attack the larger factiion's city)
    2 - They redesigned one of the cities, because currently Meridan is a joke compared to Sanctum in terms of defence.

But even then you still have the issue that some PvPers prefer having one safe area where they can do stuff in peace, not everyone wants to PvP at all times, even on a PvP server (and as far as I can tell most PvP servers in this game can't afford to lose more players...).
    Last edited by Flimble; 12-20-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Never had any problems for the 6 years that I played WoW. Not sure why you'd have problems here.

Mei

Locking down the opposing factions city and making it impossible for them to do anything will accomplish only one thing.
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! If you do this, I won't be able to sit in my city and be a carebear all day!
    Fluent

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! If you do this, I won't be able to sit in my city and be a carebear all day!
    It is pretty ironic someone making a crack about "carebears" in Rift, given you are playing a game where there is no meaningful death penalty (no XP / Valour loss), no looting, requires minimal skill and is heavily gear based, it is just about the softest, most carebear PvP out there, designed for Pvers and yet you choose to do it instead of Eve, Darkfall, Mortals Online, etc...
    Last edited by Flimble; 12-20-2011 at 06:07 PM.

Never had any problems for the 6 years that I played WoW. Not sure why you'd have problems here.
    WoW has had 10+ million subs for the last 5 years. Chances are pretty slim that you'd have the muscle to shut down a major city. (not to mention the guard zerg you'd have to deal with.)

This is not the case in Rift. As it is, populations are getting pretty low. (they really need to consolidate some servers). Lately it seems like Sanctum on my server is half deserted. Over running the city and locking it down would pretty much be the last nail in the coffin my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Reppin' carebear servers since 2k11.
    ~Quiescent

WoW has had 10+ million subs for the last 5 years. Chances are pretty slim that you'd have the muscle to shut down a major city. (not to mention the guard zerg you'd have to deal with.)

This is not the case in Rift. As it is, populations are getting pretty low. (they really need to consolidate some servers). Lately it seems like Sanctum on my server is half deserted. Over running the city and locking it down would pretty much be the last nail in the coffin my server.
    You sound like a PvE carebear to me. Cities in WoW probably had the same amount of people in them than they do in Rift if not close. Do you have any idea how many people would run to sanctum / meridian if their city was being attacked by 20 people?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast