+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Icycle, not Lightning Burst, needed nerf. Where's compensation?

Rift Master

Default Icycle, not Lightning Burst, needed nerf. Where's compensation?

It's not a given that an OP spec deserves compensation for a heavy-handed nerf, but Stormcaller definitely qualifies. Of all the glass cannon specs in the history of this game, SC was by far the biggest cannon with the most brittle glass. Now that the burst has been tuned to nothing more than your average pyro/dom rotation, where are the survivability buffs?

SC has crap health, crap CC, crap healing/shielding, and even crap mobility (don't let a temporary speed buff that requires charge fool you). You could blow people up in one 6.5 second rotation, but you died just as quickly if another dps focused you. If your rotation was interrupted or somehow derailed (line of sight, silence, stun, cleanse), you died. Period.

SC was the ultimate all-or-nothing spec. I don't think that's healthy or sustainable design, but I also know you can't nerf the pants off of the "all" while maintaining the "nothing".

Oh well. Toss SC on the PvP fire. Which spec is next?

Or they could just take snares off DR.

aux

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    No, they can't. That would be admitting a mistake.
    I'm so BORED

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    No, they can't. That would be admitting a mistake.
    Well, they did it with lingering wounds, we just need to warrior QQ train to jump on board with this idea.
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 12-20-2011 at 08:02 AM.

rofl, 1.1 champions.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourtyfour View Post
    rofl, 1.1 champions.
    Break Free was changed from 5min to 2min in same patch they killed snares. Champs lost 5 sec titans. Riftwalk was changed to break everything, same with flicker and shadow stalk.

you cant take snares out the dr list without taking everything else out.

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourtyfour View Post
    you cant take snares out the dr list without taking everything else out.
    Er, Snares were the only thing off DR pre 1.2...

Knockbacks were 4 till immune
    Stuns, Silences, Disarms, Mezzes/Fears were all seperate DRs but you went immune after 2.
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 12-20-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    It's not a given that an OP spec deserves compensation for a heavy-handed nerf, but Stormcaller definitely qualifies. Of all the glass cannon specs in the history of this game, SC was by far the biggest cannon with the most brittle glass. Now that the burst has been tuned to nothing more than your average pyro/dom rotation, where are the survivability buffs?

SC has crap health, crap CC, crap healing/shielding, and even crap mobility (don't let a temporary speed buff that requires charge fool you). You could blow people up in one 6.5 second rotation, but you died just as quickly if another dps focused you. If your rotation was interrupted or somehow derailed (line of sight, silence, stun, cleanse), you died. Period.

SC was the ultimate all-or-nothing spec. I don't think that's healthy or sustainable design, but I also know you can't nerf the pants off of the "all" while maintaining the "nothing".

Your SC build will burn nicely next to my sab build.
    formerly - Acedia/Poeia/lol/level

liil

Champion of Telara

Well, they did it with lingering wounds, we just need to warrior QQ train to jump on board with this idea.
    They have been asking for this since dr was invented in this game LOL. And if warrior QQ really worked as well as you QQ about we would still be lol titan strike killing you and you would see more than maybe 2 wars a warfront. What next, are you going to QQ that warriors stole your lunch money?

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post

SCs dont let the bads fool you, ride the wind is a VERY powerful skill in group vs group pvp. It can also be kept up permanently through instants, but you can turn it off when you dont need it. SC is only as squishy as you, the player, allows it to be through positioning and situational awareness. Ive seen about 2-3 scs on my wargroup get it right and who know how to use their team to act as a shield for them (whether that team knew it or not), and know when to stop lol casting and move (using ride the wind to out run anything but an mm for a short period or rs, again for a short period).

ps pyrodom is squishier than sc played right, I also think it needed a nerf more than sc did (though lb + instant icicle was really stupid, especially since you can get em to hit simultaneously)

Ascendant

Trion didnt compensate warriors for any of the nerfs we took i dont see why they should for mages.

When you get a nerf that generally means something got lowered to balance, if something else got buffed to match what they were nerfing, that wouldn't make much sense would it?
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    Trion didnt compensate warriors for any of the nerfs we took i dont see why they should for mages.
    Many of the nerfs placed upon warriors were often extreme.
    After all, there is a reason you see mostly rift blade and VK.
    Only recently have you seen parachamps.

Stormcaller =dead
    It is laying right next to saboteur right now.
    Rest in peace my friend.
    You and the rest of your dead souls in PvP.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    When you get a nerf that generally means something got lowered to balance, if something else got buffed to match what they were nerfing, that wouldn't make much sense would it?
    Yeah, feel free to actually read the post.

SC DOES need compensation because that one giant burst was all it had - and it can't really survive long enough to line up a second one. If SC was a spec that needed to be brought back "in line", you'd still see people playing it. I haven't.

The guy toting ride like the wind as some kind of saviour maybe hasn't played some of the more confined WFs. It's great in dex and wf, but library, bg, scion? Not so much.

Rift Chaser

Pyro/dom is your compensation.

l2squirrel.
    formerly - Acedia/Poeia/lol/level

liil

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast