+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WF queue times are unplayable sub-50 (and the estimates are lies)

Default WF queue times are unplayable sub-50 (and the estimates are lies)

At least in my server cluster, I have a mage in the 10 - 20 bracket. While it always shows that the average time is between 4 and 15 minutes in reality it's more like 90+ for either of the 2 WFs that are available. This was during EST prime time, this last weekend.

Being that I prefer to level via PvP primarily, I was like well maybe it's better in a higher tier. So I tried my cleric who is in the 30-40 bracket. I literally just watched all 4 WFs available sit for between 120-170 minutes on each one before BG *FINALLY* popped.

It showed a 4 minute average wait.. when I got out and requeued it had jumped to 32 minutes.. which was still grossly misleading (yes, I do understand averages, I just think the queues lie to give false hope and keep you in, which has been increasingly my experience in recent weeks).

=====> PLEASE MERGE THE GROUPS <=====
    Guardians:
    PR90 Smugjugs@Seastone (Briarcliff/Sunrest/Deepstrike/Dayblind)
    50 Unnamed@Seastone (Previously Bellicosa)

38 Scataracts@Seastone

50 Witchtits@Seastone (Defiant pending faction change)

Shadowlander

Like I said in other threads, no more shard clusters, have them pull queues from the entire Rift population. If that is not technically possible or difficult, then reduce the clusters down to no more than 3. Look at riftstatus.net right now, doesn't help that 6 servers are now at 0.99 with population drops across most shards it seems. Dunno that it "means" anything but I do think Trion should do something to ease the queue complaints. I didn't have issues this weekend then some times I do. I suspect I will this evening and for the rest of this month though because enough folks trying out swtor.

Trion shouldn't expect it's player base to wait until the honey moon of a "new hotness" game is over. Adapt Trion, do something with those shard clusters.

i love scion weekends super valor super prest.

is a aoe zerg which is lame but EF it. i get 3x the amount I would get anywhere else when i vial up.
    P8rogue P7mage P5warrior

I SUPPORT ARENA FOR RIFT

Trion has already stated that they cannot / will not merge the shards due to technical issues. Try something else.

Also, estimates are seldom correct. That's why they're called "estimates".
    Last edited by Meina; 12-20-2011 at 04:17 PM.

No idea how long the queues are for the under 50's anymore. I've always logged off my lvl 30 before the queue pops.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    Trion has already stated that they cannot / will not merge the shards due to technical issues. Try something else.

Also, estimates are seldom correct. That's why they're called "estimates".
    Actually, estimates are supposed to be frequently correct. That's why they're called estimates and not "completely ****ing useless information".

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    Actually, estimates are supposed to be frequently correct. That's why they're called estimates and not "completely ****ing useless information".
    Tell that to mechanics, contractors and pretty much anyone who starts work on an estimate.

Granted, the estimated queue time should be closer than what the OP describes, but there really is no room to complain if an estimate is off. I've gotten tot he point, in this game and others that I have played, where I completely ignore the estimated wait times. More often than not they are wrong and all relying on them does is cause frustration.

+ Reply to Thread