+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Ranked matches are a bad idea Trion

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default Ranked matches are a bad idea Trion

    Putting 1-4's and 5-8's in separate warfronts is just a bad idea. What was the point of grinding to r8 if I have less opportunity now to pwn some n00bage? Stop listening to the crying lowbie babies who are getting pummeled by higher ranks. I had to get through the low ranks that way and I made it to r8 fine. First the gear valor nerf, now ranked matches? Why not do away with all the ranks and gear and we just fight naked? Stop dumming things down for the kids who don't want to work for anything!!!

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Aphophis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Not all matches are ranked. A true pvper wouldn't feel so entitled but would welcome the challenge of fighting someone in his/her own league.

    p.s. this thread makes you sound like a crybaby yourself.
    Warrior Tank of:
    <Imperium> - IcewatchEU
    TotDQ [4/4], FT [4/4], EE [5/5]
    Hardmodes [Zaviel / Kain]

    www.imperium.co

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Sapheros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogarth View Post
    Putting 1-4's and 5-8's in separate warfronts is just a bad idea. What was the point of grinding to r8 if I have less opportunity now to pwn some n00bage? Stop listening to the crying lowbie babies who are getting pummeled by higher ranks. I had to get through the low ranks that way and I made it to r8 fine. First the gear valor nerf, now ranked matches? Why not do away with all the ranks and gear and we just fight naked? Stop dumming things down for the kids who don't want to work for anything!!!
    If you want to completly destroy wf then go premade like all the others. Also the occasional matching isn't dumbing it down imo. If anything its giving ppl that needed encouragment to keep going and not completly give it up as a bad joke.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Algrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    HELLsinki
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogarth View Post
    Putting 1-4's and 5-8's in separate warfronts is just a bad idea. What was the point of grinding to r8 if I have less opportunity now to pwn some n00bage? Stop listening to the crying lowbie babies who are getting pummeled by higher ranks. I had to get through the low ranks that way and I made it to r8 fine. First the gear valor nerf, now ranked matches? Why not do away with all the ranks and gear and we just fight naked? Stop dumming things down for the kids who don't want to work for anything!!!
    They are not actually matched that strictly. Just made to Rank 3-6 matched WF with my Rank 1 Mage. So don't get fooled with the announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    I dunno, I usually stand in the middle of the pond screaming 1v1 me noobs.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogarth View Post
    Putting 1-4's and 5-8's in separate warfronts is just a bad idea. What was the point of grinding to r8 if I have less opportunity now to pwn some n00bage? Stop listening to the crying lowbie babies who are getting pummeled by higher ranks. I had to get through the low ranks that way and I made it to r8 fine. First the gear valor nerf, now ranked matches? Why not do away with all the ranks and gear and we just fight naked? Stop dumming things down for the kids who don't want to work for anything!!!
    Actually the "lowbies" get pummelled worse now than before the brackets so no you did not go through it. That and the fact that you have better gear, and can finally defend yourself against someone weaker than you is not a good reason not to use brackets

    Of course if you were not bad you would not need and advantage to win. I love rolling other rank 8's like you.

    Brackets are not "dumming things down", it takes the same knowledge to play with brackets as it does without them - that is just you using a lame and almost always inaccurate forum whiners saying

    With all that said the brackets are not working, the rank 5's get absolutely destroyed now and it has made it easier to get premades in which is the number one thing all MMO developers have to be very careful to stop. Almost all PvP games that fail do so because of Guild/Premade groups becoming the only way to do PvP warfronts. The loud minoirty just tend to sugar coat that because they want to be able to run in them because the loud minority also tend to be in mentioned guilds/premades

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapheros View Post
    If you want to completly destroy wf then go premade like all the others. Also the occasional matching isn't dumbing it down imo. If anything its giving ppl that needed encouragment to keep going and not completly give it up as a bad joke.
    Actually just the opposite. I have seen 4 people announce they are no longer doing warfronts because of the brackets and the absolutely xxx-kicking it has meant for the lower ranks.

    It was far better for them before the brackets

    Before someone says that is not logical or whatever...

    Before, example wf
    2 or 3 Rank 7/8
    4 or 5 Rank 5/6
    Rest below 4

    Dmg for warfront maybe 700-800k

    Now, with brackets (rank 5 -8 bracket)
    4 or 5 Rank 8
    2 or 3 Rank 7
    rest rank 5/6

    Dmg for warfront around 2.1-2.7 MILLION.

    Guess who is taking that dmg?

    Also, patch 1.6 took around 20-25% of healing from Clerics and then 1.6.1 made it even worse so the cummulative effect is this:

    Now in warfronts the dmg has gone up by about 300% while healers have lost about 30% of their healing ability. They were barely able to keep up before 1.6 and they don't come close now. They only way the healers can keep up is if the ratio is like 1 to 4. That is just wrong. In most games the ratio is more like 1 to 8

    So no, you did not go through it - not even close and people are leaving on a daily basis because many of them do feel there is no hope. Combine this with the fact that like all factions systems before it on every battle group one faction or the other (all Def to my knowledge) have a gross advantage in gear because of them getting out front first and the game has serious issues with PvP.

    That is why people keep saying it is just a PvE game, there is good reason for that - few can tolerate the PvP for long

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Carnefice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogarth View Post
    Putting 1-4's and 5-8's in separate warfronts is just a bad idea. What was the point of grinding to r8 if I have less opportunity now to pwn some n00bage? Stop listening to the crying lowbie babies who are getting pummeled by higher ranks. I had to get through the low ranks that way and I made it to r8 fine. First the gear valor nerf, now ranked matches? Why not do away with all the ranks and gear and we just fight naked? Stop dumming things down for the kids who don't want to work for anything!!!
    First off I haven't noticed a problem with the ranks, it works just fine and the queue times are not bad at all, at least on my cluster (Seastone). Secondly, so you're basically complaining that you aren't running over a bunch of P0 and P1's.... really? So therefore you are saying you don't want a challenge you want to be p8 and hit your iwin button. In my opinion this made things more interesting and in turn should make people better players in PvP. If you're fighting a bunch of R0 and R1's you're just spamming 1 button to win, which is boring as hell. I would rather be fighting a bunch of P5 - P8's as well as having them on my team, which in turn should give me a better chance of winning as well because I am less likely to have a bunch of P0 and P1's on my team. I don't know about you, but winning a game with better competition is more important than facerolling with your 1 button spam.

    Your argument is full of holes. Can we start banning people from the forums with threads like these? The amount of garbage in here is getting ridiculous.

    Btw I'm r8.


    <Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Ranked matches still suck in my opinion, so you can all suck it

  9. #9
    Ascendant Meina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Oh look, another "Boo hoo, I can't faceroll my way through WF's any more" post.

    Couldn't you have just tacked your "complaint" onto this thread > http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...epic-fail.html . It would have saved us a lot of redundant clutter on this forum.
    Last edited by Meina; 12-20-2011 at 04:11 PM.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Ogarth IMHO you are the reason why rift PVP is failing. Noone is gonna sit through countless hours of PUG cueing Wf's to get their brains beat in over and over and over and over. I am rank 5 working on getting to the halfway point of getting to R6. It is already lost its new shine when i cue up to find a non matched warfront that has 9 out of 15 FoTM mages and 6 NB/RS running the show.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Charlice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    6,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ogarth View Post
    Putting 1-4's and 5-8's in separate warfronts is just a bad idea. What was the point of grinding to r8 if I have less opportunity now to pwn some n00bage? Stop listening to the crying lowbie babies who are getting pummeled by higher ranks. I had to get through the low ranks that way and I made it to r8 fine. First the gear valor nerf, now ranked matches? Why not do away with all the ranks and gear and we just fight naked? Stop dumming things down for the kids who don't want to work for anything!!!
    Seriously? A rank 1 against a rank 8 and they may as well be naked.

    You don't seem to want to work for a win against similar ranked players. IN MY OPINION.

    Not much skill involved in a rank 8 kiling a rank 1 tbh. It doesn't get much dumber than that.
    Last edited by Charlice; 12-20-2011 at 05:03 PM.


    Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

  12. #12
    Telaran Kaidagar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    88

    Default

    I quite like the ranked matches, makes it more interesting. The only issue I have is pre mades, but they were an issue before as well so not much has changed. I enjoy fighting people wo are higher up, I don't enjoy being a warrior as much as I used to but hey you have to roll with the punches.
    Kaidagar - Dayblind- R8 Warrior

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    120

    Default

    I have to chime in here. I made Rank 1 to Rank 5 in a week and a half; that was with HEAVY playing and I owed alot to the Port of Scion weekend to that. BUT it was BRUTAL...now, like mentioned above...it's almost lost it luster to get to rank 8. I dont mind getting beat in a WF, what I DO mind is not being able to even harm a player while getting two and three shotted by a bunch of Rank 8's that know they can. I think the ranked matches are needed, but they very seldom work..for instance I was rank 4 and constantly got put in a rank 5-8 match...those werent any fun...AT ALL. What I did was hope and prayed I got lucky enough to get into a match with other rank 8 players, that's the ONLY hope I had.

    This is not a whining post at all. Like I said I dont mind getting beat in a WF match if it's fair and I'm outplayed, but to get beat by moving the the W key or arrow ahead key and punching the 1 button is just plain depressing. Even now at rank 5 it's hardly any better against 7's and 8's.

    I did hear mention of a presitge glitch or something that occured a few months back is there truth to this? Was just curious about that.

    And the person who wants to just pawn NOOBS as he says, he sounds like a bunch of players I see regularly in the WF who do nothing but farm the PofS WF with the low levels.

    It's a constant pummeling I dont look forward to till rank8 if I even decide to play anymore WF after all of this.

    Don't get me wrong either, I love Trion and I think it's the BEST company in the marketplace today. If it wasn't I wouldn't be a year long member. I also love the game, but the PVP WF's do need SERIOUSLY looking into.

    Back to the ranked matches. Yes, I know there needs to be some threat and a hard climb but the way you have your gear obtaining method is almost unbearable with the state WF's are in now. I can see why people don't play them anymore or give up quickly. All one has to do is look at the math at the end of the matches to see or get lucky enough NOT to get targeted and try and harm a player only to see no damage being done against him/her. It's almost enough to say why even bother...
    But my proposal is to do ranked matches in this bracket with the current state of gear:

    Ranks 1-3
    Ranks 4-6
    Ranks 7-8

    Just my thoughts....

    who wants to pawn noobs with the 1 button all day.....I would go insane after about 10 minutes of that...no accomplishment or pride in that AT ALL.

    Best,
    Bal

  14. #14
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    528

    Default

    I don't consider "WF farming" to be real pvp anyway...To me, they just improved the trainning rooms (their dummies are tougher now)...

    Anyway, many people asked for ranked WFs so now, I guess you got to enjoy.

    "A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn..".

  15. #15
    Ascendant Taptap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    2,472

    Default

    Ranked wf's didn't cause farming by premades, and a premade doesn't have to be composed of the same guild or even by members of the same shard. Sync queuing has been fine tuned, I see it happen all the time. A warfront will start off fairly well matched but no where near being full. Guards get a lead. Poof! All of a sudden a bunch of Defiant people suddenly enter the match ALL AT ONCE and these new entrants all move together in a very coordinated fashion. New Guards just trickle into the match after that. Defiant wins.

    What happened? People are on vent, a few queue for each of the warfronts. Lots of others are on vent but not yet queued. If the match is going as wanted, very few new people enter it. If not, it's said so on vent and everybody listening sync queues all at once for that particular wf that Defiant is losing. That kind of premade, and they can be from different guilds and shards.

    Premades are pretty obvious. They can't see a marked person from a long distance, but when they all immediately go together to that lone team member across the map who is losing 1v1 - well, how could they have known to do it? By looking at the raid health bar? And then instantly locating and picking that person out that they can't even see except on a crowded map? Sure, only fools might believe that propaganda after they've seen it done many times! They are on vent. What's the purpose of a premade? To farm favor.

    Although ranked wf's don't eliminate or create premades, ranked wf's do help even out the power each side has. Premades still tend to rock, just not as easily when they have to fight somewhat the same level of ranks that they themselves are.

    And ranked warfronts don't cause long queues. Only faction population imbalance causes long queues. Use ranked wf's AND make it Team-A vs Team-B and both long queues and rank imbalance disappear immediately, completely, and permanently. The system simply can not work properly if only one of those things is done. This is not QQ. This is accurate observation and diagnosis.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts