+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LOveRH

Thread: PvP souls and the metagame.

Soulwalker

Default PvP souls and the metagame.

OK, i'm fairly new to rift, but not to general mmo's, and a bit confused about the 'pvp soul' concept. So these are souls tailored for pvp combat that you can only start fully specing after hitting lvl 50?

So really the things i'd like to know are:
    Are these souls worth specing?
    Do they overshadow the other souls when it comes to pvp?

I'm approaching lvl 50 with my mage and don't yet have any major problems when it comes to pvp. As i start experiencing the more competitive end game pvp where it isn't an all out nuke fest and actual teamwork is applied, how do non pvp soul builds fare?

tl;dr Are pvp souls essential to the current pvp metagame?
    Last edited by rushy888; 12-20-2011 at 02:55 AM.

Not in the slightest. Most, if not all of the talents in the PvP trees need working because they're just pretty terribad.
    ~Quiescent

Yeah PvP souls are really only good for the break free ability that you get by just having. I would love to spec into them more but it's a waste of points. Further you get into the tree the worse it gets. Game Devs really i think were wasted when they created the pvp trees -_-;.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    Yeah PvP souls are really only good for the break free ability that you get by just having. I would love to spec into them more but it's a waste of points. Further you get into the tree the worse it gets. Game Devs really i think were wasted when they created the pvp trees -_-;.
    The rogue (15 Inf is somewhat common) and mage (overload) PvP souls aren't too bad to be honest. Warrior (mainly subdue when it's not glitchy) PvP soul seems extremely defensive which isn't bad, but most warriors I know want to cleave people in the face, not harass/tank. I only used Cleric's PvP soul for detaunt, but it sucks a lot when it gets resisted, lol.

I only used Cleric's PvP soul for detaunt, but it sucks a lot when it gets resisted, lol.
    I would gladly trade our mage's overload for your cleric's nysyr's brand.

I have 2 specs that use the rogue pvp soul with points spent. But also some others that don't. And on the others that do use it (well, except my Sin, sin + infil is just sexy) I could/have/still do mess around with other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfoxy View Post
    I would gladly trade our mage's overload for your cleric's nysyr's brand.
    Deal.

/10chrs

+ Reply to Thread