+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Seriously? Rank specific Warfronts? Can we get Rogues buffed MOOOR now please /sigh

Shadowlander

Default Seriously? Rank specific Warfronts? Can we get Rogues buffed MOOOR now please /sigh

Well... apart from what i view as the stupidest idea in the world, (rank matched warfronts) that sure changes the view on QQ OMG Roguesare FOTM OPOP1111 doesnt it? this is kinda 2 rants in 1 but... yea as a rogue in full R8 I can certainly put a quick hurting on an unbuffed rank 1 clothie. but against another buffed up rank 8.. rogues are next to worthless.. they break my first stun or if i open w/ impale they just outlast me /shrug.

As far as the Warfronts that lump together ppl with the same ranks? Who's dumbarase idea was this? OOOooooh I know, the casual's QQ"ing about the assskicking? Havent these games been destroyed enough by corporations preferring massive sub numbers and casual's money instead of a mediocre but devoted consistant hardcore fanbase? First you give all gear the same amount of valor.. There arent even words.. but I got past that. Ok, no i didnt, but I kinda tucked it away in that space in my head where stuff that I try my best never to think about goes. Now we all go into warfronts with people with identical gear so the outcome is basically determined by either who is premade and/or who has more healers.

What/where is my motivation for even getting gear in the first place?!? I just wasted A TON of time grinding prestige that I shoulda just spent raiding or doing things that were a bit less monotonous and more fun, considering at rank 1 id be fightng ppl in identical gear, and at rank 8 id be doing the same so... whats the difference? Whats the motivation? Why not just force everyone to get naked to go into the warfronts? You gotta admit, it would be much more entertaining AND it would accomplish the same thing with much less work involved server side.

I swear sometimes I wonder if I am actually honest to goodness Albert Einstein reborn

for the most part the system works .

however i got put in a r1-4 earlier and i can now see WHY this needed done. i went 38-0. kinda funny. and sad. i felt bad for how EASY it was to stomp on them
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Auladian View Post
    I swear sometimes I wonder if I am actually honest to goodness Albert Einstein reborn
    Not sure if srs

No .
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

You should be pretty brutal all around as a r8 rogue. The 'matched warfronts' rank 5 - 8 I end up in are noticeably tougher. But it's just cause it's more even. It's not like I completely blow when it's an even ranked match.

I usually don't go here, but...

Am I the only one that interpreted the OP as saying "I can't easily wtfpwn everyone any more. Make me OP so I can wtfpwn people again."?

Plane Touched

I liked ranked WF's mainly because I have some hope that people have at least some understanding of how the WF works.

For what it's worth, here's my thoughts on how to improve the system. Give players in R5-8 WF's a presitige boost. It doesn't have to be a big one. Just something to let people know they ain't in Kansas anymore. R1-4 players could opt to join a higher ranked match for the extra prestige but then couldn't QQ when they got stomped into the ground.

Ishmael P77
    Shatari P77
    Astelle L54
    Stormbull L50

Quote Originally Posted by Astelle View Post
    I liked ranked WF's mainly because I have some hope that people have at least some understanding of how the WF works.

For what it's worth, here's my thoughts on how to improve the system. Give players in R5-8 WF's a presitige boost. It doesn't have to be a big one. Just something to let people know they ain't in Kansas anymore. R1-4 players could opt to join a higher ranked match for the extra prestige but then couldn't QQ when they got stomped into the ground.
    Allowing r1-4s to play with r8s is bad on both sides and isnt a good idea, in a wf with r7-8 players they are a waste of a spot, as sad as it is to say they are gimping the team that they are on, allowing r1-4's extra prestige would basically encourage them to join all the time then r8s wouldnt want to pvp anymore as all they will be doing is rolling low ranks with the occcasional good player

If you post again, please begin with your last sentence first, this will save many readers the time of reading the entire post.

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post

Am I the only one that interpreted the OP as saying "I can't easily wtfpwn everyone any more. Make me OP so I can wtfpwn people again."?
    This is exactly what I was saying to myself when I read it.

Well... apart from what i view as the stupidest idea in the world, (rank matched warfronts) that sure changes the view on QQ OMG Roguesare FOTM OPOP1111 doesnt it? this is kinda 2 rants in 1 but... yea as a rogue in full R8 I can certainly put a quick hurting on an unbuffed rank 1 clothie. but against another buffed up rank 8.. rogues are next to worthless.. they break my first stun or if i open w/ impale they just outlast me /shrug.

As far as the Warfronts that lump together ppl with the same ranks? Who's dumbarase idea was this? OOOooooh I know, the casual's QQ"ing about the assskicking? Havent these games been destroyed enough by corporations preferring massive sub numbers and casual's money instead of a mediocre but devoted consistant hardcore fanbase? First you give all gear the same amount of valor.. There arent even words.. but I got past that. Ok, no i didnt, but I kinda tucked it away in that space in my head where stuff that I try my best never to think about goes. Now we all go into warfronts with people with identical gear so the outcome is basically determined by either who is premade and/or who has more healers.

What/where is my motivation for even getting gear in the first place?!? I just wasted A TON of time grinding prestige that I shoulda just spent raiding or doing things that were a bit less monotonous and more fun, considering at rank 1 id be fightng ppl in identical gear, and at rank 8 id be doing the same so... whats the difference? Whats the motivation? Why not just force everyone to get naked to go into the warfronts? You gotta admit, it would be much more entertaining AND it would accomplish the same thing with much less work involved server side.

What are you smoking and can I get a toke?
    Linkedin
    Crushing noobs in RIFT PvP since 2011

Shadowlander

Assassin is NOT the only rogue spec, and for the most part it is the very worst spec one can use in a warfront.

Well, if its a pug, you can make yourself useful by targetting stormcallers and marksmen, but srsly. Look at how successful some nightblades, riftstalkers and marksmen are in warfronts and stop being so bad.

but against another buffed up rank 8.. rogues are next to worthless.. they break my first stun or if i open w/ impale they just outlast me /shrug.
    I stopped reading after this sentence.
    <Retired>

Ascendant

Sounds like OP is complaining that he can't 2-shot people with an assassin spec. News flash: Sin is very situational in WF's. It should NEVER be your main spec. It basically sucks against anyone that can heal (i.e equally ranked wardens will laugh at you). You should build your melee specs heavily around NB. Sorry, but that's pretty much our only option. BD sucks and sin only works against certain builds and classes (i.e two handed warriors, other rogues, and mages that aren't spec'ed into chloro).

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post

pretty much all i saw was 'WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Parfaite View Post
    pretty much all i saw was 'WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"
    I just wanna lick your face off cutie!

King of RIFT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast