Thread: The amount of badness in low-level PvP

Default The amount of badness in low-level PvP

How do any of you ever have the patience to roll alts

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Parfaite View Post
    How do any of you ever have the patience to roll alts
    I don't play my rogue alt often.
    After getting ganked out of stealth I began to hate myself.
    Of course if it were possible t transfer everything over from my mage to my rogue equivalently I would do it.
    r8 mage armor looks ugly

10 - 20 bracket is pretty scary in comparison to all the other ones I think. I remember getting yelled at for not running the BG fang behind the tree when we just got done clearing the enemy and sent them all to respawn >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    I don't play my rogue alt often.
    After getting ganked out of stealth I began to hate myself.
    Of course if it were possible t transfer everything over from my mage to my rogue equivalently I would do it.
    r8 mage armor looks ugly
    10-19 bracket is omfg kill me now.
    Let me share my story:

I'm the only person doing any decent healing in our group.
    I say 'Regroup, they're gonna keep killing us if we go in as ones or twos."
    They listen, everything is good, and then they stand at the ****ing top, shooting at people who OBVIOUSLY aren't dying. So I say "Wow fail, shooting at the top doesn't get you anywhere."
    And they say "Stop crying whiner."
    WAT.
    IDEK.

Your friendly hipster.

Quote Originally Posted by Parfaite View Post
    then they stand at the ****ing top, shooting at people who OBVIOUSLY aren't dying. So I say "Wow fail, shooting at the top doesn't get you anywhere."
    Trion really needs to add a "conveyor belt" type of spawn area, that slowly drags you to the battlefield so you actually have to fight instead of giving up at spawn. Players may actually start realizing they need to formulate a plan to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoojersey View Post
    Trion really needs to add a "conveyor belt" type of spawn area, that slowly drags you to the battlefield so you actually have to fight instead of giving up at spawn. Players may actually start realizing they need to formulate a plan to fight back.
    In every map there is a way around rather than jumping to your death from spawn. Honestly some players are nothing short of lemmings in warfronts.

I'm guessing a lot of the players at low levels may be new to warfronts... be their mothers please Artiste.. you can do it.

I gave up queueing my lvl 30. The queues take forever to pop and the matches are nasty.

On a side note, I wish they'd get rid of that damn tree in there, or at least drum it into the tree dweller that LOS may be an issue for the healer.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    In every map there is a way around rather than jumping to your death from spawn. Honestly some players are nothing short of lemmings in warfronts.

I'm guessing a lot of the players at low levels may be new to warfronts... be their mothers please Artiste.. you can do it.

I gave up queueing my lvl 30. The queues take forever to pop and the matches are nasty.

On a side note, I wish they'd get rid of that damn tree in there, or at least drum it into the tree dweller that LOS may be an issue for the healer.
    I did try being their mothers. But none of them listen. I think most of them turn off wf chat and can't see what I say.
    "Do this, do that, make sure you do this, help here, ect" and none of them react rofl.

Your friendly hipster.

It's still that way in most warfronts.
    Like in black garden you can go around from the side to flank the enemy.
    no no lets all run straight down from the ****ing spawn point.

Oh hey look a different way of getting out the spawn area on WF.
    No no lets drop right into the enemy trying to camp us.
    Library is the worst.
    THe only thing people think of are jumping straight to the stairs, or using the teleporter to the right.
    They ignore the left teleporter.
    They ignore the fact you can jump from the tip of the statues upstairs to get into the center immediatey.
    They ignore the ability to jump from the statue area downstairs DIRECTLY into the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    It's still that way in most warfronts.
    Like in black garden you can go around from the side to flank the enemy.
    no no lets all run straight down from the ****ing spawn point.

Oh hey look a different way of getting out the spawn area on WF.
    No no lets drop right into the enemy trying to camp us.
    Library is the worst.
    THe only thing people think of are jumping straight to the stairs, or using the teleporter to the right.
    They ignore the left teleporter.
    They ignore the fact you can jump from the tip of the statues upstairs to get into the center immediatey.
    They ignore the ability to jump from the statue area downstairs DIRECTLY into the arena.
    And then in Library, even if the other side is holding middle, the rune carrier will run solo into all of them. Why? Why do people do that? WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

ok rant off.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

And then in Library, even if the other side is holding middle, the rune carrier will run solo into all of them. Why? Why do people do that? WHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

ok rant off.
    Rofl, we just got outhealed in a WF so I said we deserved the loss because we got outplayed, and somebody goes "You're like a little beyotch."
    Niggy, nobody was shhhhh talking, I was saying they deserved the win and we deserved the loss because we got outplayed.
    I hate idiots who don't know how to play and then yell at me for telling them they don't know how to play.

Raaaage.
    Last edited by Parfaite; 12-18-2011 at 09:07 PM.

Your friendly hipster.

Ascendant

Its funny how many people use pets in pvp at low levels.

King of RIFT

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    Its funny how many people use pets in pvp at low levels.
    One of the only reason I despise lower level PvP, so many damn Pets.
    <Retired>

Rift Disciple

There are so many terribads in high level pvp as well... I'm talking about scion weekend and seeing plenty of R8 clerics with full gear (running cabalist) that don't use consumables and end the match with 1/4th of my damage done and run a negative on KDR. Thats just one class though and it barely scratches the surface. How do you have the dedication to get to R8 and just plain suck *** at pvp...

Quote Originally Posted by xAerose View Post
    There are so many terribads in high level pvp as well... I'm talking about scion weekend and seeing plenty of R8 clerics with full gear (running cabalist) that don't use consumables and end the match with 1/4th of my damage done and run a negative on KDR. Thats just one class though and it barely scratches the surface. How do you have the dedication to get to R8 and just plain suck *** at pvp...
    Fun police! Cab in PS is fun

Some people just aren't good at video games. Just like some people aren't good at sports. Regardless it entertains them and they put time into it, even if they always suck. I've put my time into things I suck at, but I didn't let other people down while doing so On the real though I don't think the skill curve is amazingly high for rift. Some people have their ah-ha clever moments that I notice. But overall it seems like you can only get so good and I can know what to expect even from a good player. Oppose to an FPS where sometimes the skill level of the other player can be intangible and ridiculously high (or even an odd counter to your own technique) since it relies on personal skill more than usage of tools everyone has access to.

/end ramble
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-18-2011 at 10:52 PM.

Soulwalker

Default -

I'm not to sure on the whole people suck at low levels, generally from what I noticed is that the 10-19 WF is absolutely terrible (which is understandable because of new players) but most of the skill is found in the 20-29 range(of course there is always those bad days where players just seem to suck big time)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast