+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 82
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why can ranged hit ppl for over 2k when warrs can barely hit 1k in melee range trion?

  1. #1
    Sword of Telara Izualy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    854

    Default Why can ranged hit ppl for over 2k when warrs can barely hit 1k in melee range trion?

    I don't get it. And enough with the crying about how casters have to stay in one spot and get ticks off on us because its [Edit]. Guess what? warriors are always in the same spot to which makes your job easier as it is. this whole amount of ranged spam/attacks vs melee is garbage trion.


    if i had a [Edit] nickel for every ranged attack that hit me every sec i'd pay for my whole entire guilds sub fees until d3 came out
    Last edited by GreatWhiteRhino; 12-17-2011 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Cursing

  2. #2
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    If you get hit for 2k+ from range the person is probably squishy. Which is what warriors are pro at not being.




  3. #3
    Rift Disciple lunatuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    If you get hit for 2k+ from range the person is probably squishy. Which is what warriors are pro at not being.



    Way to miss the point. Rogues are only squishy in certain specs and at melee range. 30m is excellent defense.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Robes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    But warriors wear plate! and their attack points aren't cleanable!
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

    Synna - Rogue - Vigil

    Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Wearing plate armor makes you slow and clumsy, therefore you can't actually hit anything.
    Raelyn <The Granite Guard> R40 Warrior @ Seastone
    Tomoka <The Granite Guard> R40 Cleric @ Seastone

  6. #6
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Warriors don't take that devastating of damage from rogues. I have a p8 rogue and even some of my heaviest damage specs don't hit some warriors very hard at all. It's mages that eat up warriors.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple lunatuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    But warriors wear plate! and their attack points aren't cleanable!
    Plate armor is hardly gamer changing in pvp. 80% of the attacks in PvP are non-physical. Many clerics and mages are basically unkillable and "lol noob" at every warrior they see.

    As for "attack points" being "uncleanable", I'm not sure how this is an advantage. Building up attack points and then using them for a finisher is the warrior mechanic. EVERY class has a gating mechanic on their skills, I really don't see how this is an advantage or disadvantage.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunatuna View Post
    Plate armor is hardly gamer changing in pvp. 80% of the attacks in PvP are non-physical. Many clerics and mages are basically unkillable and "lol noob" at every warrior they see.

    As for "attack points" being "uncleanable", I'm not sure how this is an advantage. Building up attack points and then using them for a finisher is the warrior mechanic. EVERY class has a gating mechanic on their skills, I really don't see how this is an advantage or disadvantage.
    He means a rogue builds up combo points on the target, a warrior builds up combo points on themself.

    Also the thing is, it's not just your plate armor. It's your ways of mitigation. dodge/parry chances and block mechanics do wonders against rogues, one of the strong sources of damage in pvp. I mean sure a rogue can use Nightblade against you, but it still treats the attacks like melee and some of the inherent mechanics mitigate/slow down our damage.

    Why I say mages are the ones I would hate as a warrior. A warrior can handle rogues just fine.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    It's just rift rock paper scissors

    I'm a mage. I own warriors, I hate rogues.
    I'm a rogue. I own mages, I hate warriors.
    I'm a warrior. I own rogues, I hate mages.

    Hey, we all hate facing clerics, but love them if they're on our side!
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-17-2011 at 09:26 PM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Robes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lunatuna View Post
    Plate armor is hardly gamer changing in pvp. 80% of the attacks in PvP are non-physical. Many clerics and mages are basically unkillable and "lol noob" at every warrior they see.

    As for "attack points" being "uncleanable", I'm not sure how this is an advantage. Building up attack points and then using them for a finisher is the warrior mechanic. EVERY class has a gating mechanic on their skills, I really don't see how this is an advantage or disadvantage.
    Was being sarcastic, the APs not being cleanable is the argument I've seen some SCs use, so making fun of that, and the plate was what everybody cried about (mages too, always got a good lol out of those) during the para/chap phase.
    Last edited by Robes; 12-17-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

    Synna - Rogue - Vigil

    Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

  11. #11
    Sword of Telara Feid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    881

    Default

    warriors tend to have

    More hp
    better armor/resistances/reudction on physical dmg.
    Vk has better magicle counters


    whats your argument? you cant roll up on me having more hp+built in survivability and do the same dmg? i think not fair sir
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara Testercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It's just rift rock paper scissors

    I'm a mage. I own warriors, I hate rogues.
    I'm a rogue. I own mages, I hate warriors.
    I'm a warrior. I own rogues, I hate mages.

    Hey, we all hate facing clerics, but love them if they're on our side!
    Thankfully it isn't as bad is that.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

    Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

  13. #13
    Ascendant Robes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feid View Post
    warriors tend to have

    More hp
    better armor/resistances/reudction on physical dmg.
    Vk has better magicle counters


    whats your argument? you cant roll up on me having more hp+built in survivability and do the same dmg? i think not fair sir
    No argument, we are godly killing machines that can't die, all we have to do is look at somebody with our 11000 health and high armor/resistances/reudction on physical dmg and our magic counters from VK and they simply fall over dead right there.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

    Synna - Rogue - Vigil

    Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

  14. #14
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feid View Post
    warriors tend to have

    More hp
    better armor/resistances/reudction on physical dmg.
    Vk has better magicle counters


    whats your argument? you cant roll up on me having more hp+built in survivability and do the same dmg? i think not fair sir
    What class are you? Mages have the the choice of having a ****ton of hps in full pvp gear. Cloth mitigates physical better than plate mitigates magic. Dps warrior souls have very few if any defensive cds. Same cannot be said about mages or even rogues. Give the warrior a calling that can heal and then you can talk survivability.

    I wish it was only 2k hits at 30m but 2k is mediocre. Pretty sure warriors arent complaining about Marksmen.

    VK is great vs magic but who exactly are you gonna kill running that spec?
    Last edited by Nsayn1; 12-17-2011 at 09:58 PM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant HannonHellbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It's just rift rock paper scissors

    I'm a mage. I own warriors, I hate rogues.
    I'm a rogue. I own mages, I hate warriors.
    I'm a warrior. I own rogues, I hate mages.

    Hey, we all hate facing clerics, but love them if they're on our side!
    I'm supposed to hate mages??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts