+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: pvp pet peeves

Telaran

Default pvp pet peeves

Im not talking about imbalances or bugs. I mean players that annoy you or teams that just do things that really just shouldnt be done.

For me, mine is dps retreating when i do. I am a healer. I need to back up sometimes to drink or get out of range of that pesky mage or hunter. This became extremely annoying in Whitefall escalation where owning the middle was key to winning. I found everytime i had to back up a bit from the lake the dps would all suddenly start backing up with me. This even happened when we were owning middle and no challenge was being presented. Very very annoying.

Stand your ground dps. I cant heal you if im dead or have no mana.

So come on, lets here them

Players who try to take an enemy occupied bridge from the south in Scion.

Players who follow the stupid mage or rogue away from the control point/shard (Dex/Whitefall).

Players who fall for the same bait and switch EVERY. TIME... Even after you explain what is happening.

Players who QQ at the spawn.

Players who call enemy players 'f-gs' or 'g-y' (buy a vowel), which I find really offensive and childish.

I can probably think of more...

My pet peeve -- some pveeeeeer who read some six month old pvp guide screaming about taking Codex.

Champion

From today alone:

1 - People heading out in ones and twos straight to a zergfest, seemingly unable to grasp the concept that if they waited 30 secs for a few more people to respawn it would be much more effective, as opposed to being slaughtered as soon as they get there.

2 - People that kill the pet/NPC I'm using to heal off when I'm barding, meaning I then have to get within 20m and heal off a target in the aforementioned zergfest, which is often pretty difficult, especially the times you have a number above your head.

3 - People that want to farm the other side, putting aside you earn more valor / prestige by just getting on to the next WF, it is a pretty pathetic thing to do, apparently some people aren't familiar with the notion of winning gracefully (i.e - not being an arsehole).

4 - People that whine about "healers" in DPS builds.

5 - Ranged DPS who can't grasp that there are times we have to push forward.

6 - People utterly incapable of spotting a healer.

7 - Again when I play bard, people that see the stream of notes and target whoever I'm going at rather than the marked targets, failing to realise that sometimes my target is a terrible choice, but there are times what matters most is I heal so target whoever I can within the limited 20m range.

That is on day I was on the winning team for probably 75% of the WF, imagine how grumpy I am on a bad day.
    Last edited by Flimble; 12-17-2011 at 07:08 PM.

1) When your noob team finally wins the bridge in Port Scion after 20minutes of trying, only to zerg the church to kill the church boss then lose the bridge to 1-3 people.

2) Cleric/Mage/Rogues not switching to a support/heal spec when there is obviously no where near as much healing as is needed, forcing me to instead, when my dps is far better than theirs

3) People who don't know their calling. I.e 99% of Marksman not eradicating the guy with 10 HoTs, Dominators who forget deny exists, Clerics who think it's a good idea to try to out heal a mana wrench etc

4) Team mates who chase an opponent out of line of sight (i.e. get kited behind the enemy lines and don't even realise what's going on til it's too late)

5) When one guy in Library thinks it's a good idea to take the left teleporter and attempt to solo the opposing team - either dies or wastes all of my cool-downs

6) Like the OP said, when I'm kiting backwards for safety behind our front line, everyone else pulls back too which causes a wipe

7) When the only people that die aren't in my line of sight as a Chlorodom

8) When all of my teams marksmen die to split personalities that they should have purged but don't know that's possible

9) People who don't know what debuffs are, and take out half of the teams health with Storm shackle/traitorous/MB

10) The fact that if we're lucky enough to get a healer, that healer will 99% be incapable of cleansing the team of important things like heal debuffs, stormcaller debuffs, storm shackle and traitorous influence. Healers that try to out heal a stormcaller then die when they could have just cleansed

11) When I squirrel someone to capture a control point then my team pops out of no where and breaks my CC last second before I can capture

12) People running proven OP specs (proven as they have since been nerfed), and flame and claim to be great, then when they are nerfed I never see them in a warfront again

13) The fact that everyone is incredibly slow at the start of games, I mean come on, I would have to afk for 5-10 seconds to not be the first one to the center in Port Scion. Meaning I have to stand back defensively or be the first one targeted due to slow moving/not using the fastest route team

14) Losing games of Port Scion and having 80-100 killing blows because your team is garbage (happens many times). Sad thing is you aren't even trying to steal the kills

15) Next Port Scion realise your team is terrible and give up on aiding them with useless fights, get 400 points alone by killing elites/running stones but still lose miserably then rage at team

16) Enemy rogues who stealth at control points in the Codex. It's an 'i win' button since you can either spend 5minutes random AoE'ing (whilst rogue may have just left) or walk away and lose the point

17) Cleansing and having FB/VM instantly reapplied 3+ times at no expense of the Rogue, meanwhilseclasses like Dominator would have to manually reapply it every 10 seconds

18) Losing due to team imbalance (one side no clerics, r3s and me, versus 3 wardenel+r8s)

19) Winning due to team imbalance (who wants to sit outside the opposing spawn waiting to get 1000 on codex?

20) No achievements for more than 100k kills/1m favor

21) No ladder/ranking/matchmaking world side system of some sort (imagine cross shard competitive arena with ranking ladder); no i have not played WoW

22) I'll have roughly 700k kills when i get 100k platinum from player corpses achievement, given ive got 22k plat from 170kish kills, Only a pet peve as I feel it was unintended given how much we get from looting

23) You get no money from PvP (yay 22 silver, yay item i can sell for 17g). I enjoy crafting and auctioning but you should at least get a few gold for looting someone (think 3 gold rather than 28 silver)

24) Favor cap. Why 450 marks and 150k favour? I'm forced to keep buying consumables to put in my bank. I don't see a reason to cap it like this when the script change surely would be just changing a number to be bigger. The cap should be something unattainable just like platinum cap

25) Running 51 elementalist for the lols and getting top killing blows, wtf is this teams dps doing?

26) Running 51 archon 15 archmage for the lols and getting top killing blows (on team with r8 marksman and cab...) - facepalm

27) When my team has a blue geared guy on it

28) People who don't contribute to the winning of a match

29) People who think they are better with top heals or top damage when I've saved 5x as many lifes with spot heals, prevented 10x as much damage with cleansing and reflecting and CC, and/or got far more killing blows to justify the amount of damage I've done

30) Pve weapons BiS for pvp yet my old bis trinket for pvp was nerfed and i had to go back to farm t2s for a trinket until i got abyssal mark of power... seriously all that is needed is to make vengeance weapons with +30 or so focus for BiS

31) Some 1v1s require break free to be off cool-down to win (think glass cannon versus glass cannon both with CC)

That's off the top of my head
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Telaran

Default PVP peeves

All the above.

Also people who go AFK in wf`s and still get favor/prestige.

Pre-mades!!

Parry, dodge and immune.

80-100% mana FOREVER targets while I stumble around with 10 power with 2 skills that regen power faster.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Quote Originally Posted by riftfanboi View Post
    For me, mine is dps retreating when i do. I am a healer. I need to back up sometimes to drink or get out of range of that pesky mage or hunter. This became extremely annoying in Whitefall escalation where owning the middle was key to winning. I found everytime i had to back up a bit from the lake the dps would all suddenly start backing up with me. This even happened when we were owning middle and no challenge was being presented. Very very annoying.
    LOL did it ever occur to you that they were staying with their healer to protect you from rogues?

Regardless, good question. Top 4 most annoying thing people do in warfronts that irk me:

1. Not staying grouped! This is the number one reason pugs get facerolled. People running all over the place and not taking advantage of group dynamics (support, heals, backing each other up, etc.). DPS meter ****** ftl. Wish they'd get rid of every single stat in WFs besides favor, kills, kbs, and healing.
    2. Not run a healing spec when there is no other single healer in a warfront. I know that's it not always fun, but seeing five clerics and two mages and no one is heals is depressing.
    3. Not protect healers.
    4. Not communicate at all, not even try to organize, whether it be marking top healers, our own group heals and buffs, or plain out trying to move as a cohesive team.
    Linkedin
    Crushing noobs in RIFT PvP since 2011

Rift Chaser

One thing I have no control over that annoys me endlessly. When a teammate thinks everyone should be in a certain location, whether it's wrong or right, and they spam a Waypoint on the map repeatedly as if they're having a seizure. Honestly, relax.
    Saved@Briarcliff
    I play a Mage, just throwing it out there.

CC Immunity on someone I want to CC!!!
    "You lost me at Balance"

Pets. Pets are my pet peeve.

Oh, you wanted to mount? LOLNOPE you're going to have to go through an army of level 30 Skeletons, Razorbeasts and Earth Elementals that have 4.5k health and 1.2k valor.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Pets. Pets are my pet peeve.

Oh, you wanted to mount? LOLNOPE you're going to have to go through an army of level 30 Skeletons, Razorbeasts and Earth Elementals that have 4.5k health and 1.2k valor.
    Immortal Fluffies!!!!

I think they fixed that though didn't they?
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Immortal Fluffies!!!!

I think they fixed that though didn't they?
    Only for DoTs that trigger warlock armor/charged shield and other reactive based abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Only for DoTs that trigger warlock armor/charged shield and other reactive based abilities.
    Fluffy iz STRONG!
    "You lost me at Balance"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast