+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 35 games and counting :)

Default 35 games and counting :)

I have played 35 games in Port Scion on Greybriar as guardian (bonus weekend) and have lost every single game by an average margin of like 1000 to 200.

What does this say, rather than a smartass answer that I suck

Something wrong - must make some changes Trion lol....

36th's a charm.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    I have played 35 games in Port Scion on Greybriar as guardian (bonus weekend) and have lost every single game by an average margin of like 1000 to 200.

Trion can not hotfix player skill. Yours, or anyone else's on your team.

Sorry.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post

Lol I'm on Greybriar too. We won a match when I was on my R3 yesterday, and I was gobsmacked.

More people zone into warfronts on the weekends, inspect some of them if you can stomach it.
    It increases the fail.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

that has to do with pop imbalances. and people in you cluster being better geared.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Prophet of Telara

The problem isn't that you have a string of losses, it's that players themselves can do nothing to fix it. WF's are "randomized" by Trion, and we all have to live with the results.

I followed my guild to greybriar and found the guardian pvp here to be lacking as well, tons of negative players, whiners [no heals] and even more afks than i care to remember. On the average i am on the winning side maybe 10% of the time and on weekends its worse. This is really the only battlegroup i have ever gotten sick of doing pvp in and need to take breaks from it. That being said i have also come across some excellent players, but they are too far between!
    kino

Plane Touched

Yea greaybriar cluster for guardians is awful, no heals or no one protects heals, but most importantly is that if the intial outing isn't a roll, they give up and start QQ'ing. Queue with friends, cause random queue on the server is crap.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by VeroMaestro View Post
    Yea greaybriar cluster for guardians is awful, no heals or no one protects heals, but most importantly is that if the intial outing isn't a roll, they give up and start QQ'ing. Queue with friends, cause random queue on the server is crap.
    i recently moved from my populated server to a low pop to get the last of the rares i need. Shadefallen, its in the same group as wolfsbane (which i think is one of the most populated). exactly the same thing. No heals, constant whining in chat. Worst group of Guardians i have ever seen. I cant wait till my 7 days is up.

just reached my 60th game today, still only one win lol.

There is something really bad about this.

Solution?

Cycle the Warfront groups. Change them around so its not always the same DAMN slaughterfest.

I really think this could at least be worth a shot.

60 games and 1 win.. that is insane.

Yeah it's been a tough day . Very funny thing I notice with our Warfront group . If its a normal Scion match we win about 60-70% of the time . But if its a weekend Warfront bonus we lose around 90% of the time . Had only won around 11 Games for today's count .
    Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else
    R40 Warrior
    R40 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Kinostern View Post
    I followed my guild to greybriar and found the guardian pvp here to be lacking as well, tons of negative players, whiners [no heals] and even more afks than i care to remember. On the average i am on the winning side maybe 10% of the time and on weekends its worse. This is really the only battlegroup i have ever gotten sick of doing pvp in and need to take breaks from it. That being said i have also come across some excellent players, but they are too far between!
    This is the best battlegroup I've been in. I don't notice any negative players, maybe I already have them on ignore.

We get a lot of wins during the week.. or maybe that's just in Aus. time.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Rift Disciple

I'm usually begging my team mates to stop running stones so I can farm more favor as a cabalist. 10k favor from a match is nice, but I could get so much more...

Quote Originally Posted by Kinostern View Post
    Yes, I pointed out in another topic somewhere that the Dayblind, Deepstrike, Deepwood, Greybriar, Keenblade, Milrush, Shatterbone battlegroup that I'm in is Defiant Heaven and they usually win in any warfront. We really need many more good Guardian players, not just a few, in that battlegroup (higher rank ones, come get some revenge for the Grds!) The matches are terribly uneven when it comes to ranks (and my little R2 Mage healer was getting thrown into "Matched R5-R8" wf's last night, on pretty fast queues so very few Grds must have been playing compared to Defs). I finally gave up on PS and queued for other wf's, but they were just as bad. IMO, the Grds really were playing ok, trying really hard, but just out ranked. I don't recall but there being 2 total wins the whole time. I ended up rage logging, I can only take so much negativity per day. It's been like this pretty much since 1.4 changes occurred.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    Yes, I pointed out in another topic somewhere that the Dayblind, Deepstrike, Deepwood, Greybriar, Keenblade, Milrush, Shatterbone battlegroup that I'm in is Defiant Heaven and they usually win in any warfront. We really need many more good Guardian players, not just a few, in that battlegroup (higher rank ones, come get some revenge for the Grds!) The matches are terribly uneven when it comes to ranks (and my little R2 Mage healer was getting thrown into "Matched R5-R8" wf's last night, on pretty fast queues so very few Grds must have been playing compared to Defs). I finally gave up on PS and queued for other wf's, but they were just as bad. IMO, the Grds really were playing ok, trying really hard, but just out ranked. I don't recall but there being 2 total wins the whole time. I ended up rage logging, I can only take so much negativity per day. It's been like this pretty much since 1.4 changes occurred.
    This has gotta be a new development. I've been on Dayblind for months and the battlegroup was always even to guard heavy, especially when the Guardian pvp guilds would queue together. If you're R2 then you must not have been playing too long at 50, because I vividly remember Guard WF groups steamrolling us constantly, especially in the daily maps and Whitefall.

I did notice that the groups in PS today were kinda bad, the only WF I lost today was because we were too busy farming kills to get the boss. I hate to say it, but I think the "good" Guard groups carried this battle group for a long while, and since they've left for other things all the pugs have to deal with Defiants who've been stomped on by organized players.

Also the timezone might be a factor, I generally play in EST primetime and mornings when I'm not working.
    Last edited by Roklam; 12-18-2011 at 11:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast