+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why are rogues and mm attacks/projectiles going through walls?

Default Why are rogues and mm attacks/projectiles going through walls?

I have been noticing this for a long time now. I notice the game has a glitch. When I am being shot at I would run behind something for cover (obviously) and i see even visualy theres a few projectiles that just go right through the wall and still hit me. It seems like its the attacks that were fired while i was stil in visual range other then that they can't fire when they cant see. never the less when i run behind a 10 thick cement and rock pillar or wall i shouldn't get hit by an arrow or bullet.

And this is something trion obviously knows about because if they didn't taht would be ridiculous. I find it kinda gross they would still buff rogues and ranged classes first before fixing something like this,
    Last edited by Izualy; 12-16-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Rift Disciple

I think it's a bug in fan out. I've noticed, too, but only with fanout. If someone is targeted with fan out, but I happen to be within it's radius but STILL LOS, I'll get hit. I saw the arrows go THROUGH the ground once when I was up on the hill about 3 meters BEHIND a guy getting fan out-ed.

Trion, could you please take a look at this? I shouldn't get punished for some dumb malaca not getting out of the way ...

Ascendant

The only MM attacks that ignore LoS are things like Fan Out which will go through walls and other obstacles as long as the primary target of the attack is in LoS of the rogue. It's the same for all target centric AoE. Single target MM attacks are bound by the same LoS rules as every other ranged attack in the game.

Magic arrows is the only reasonable explanation for this.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Should address warriors being able to purge people without having LoS then.
    <Retired>

Rift Disciple

It's a part of the game so I just deal with it. But anytime I read learn to Los I roll my eyes. I wish I had a compilation of all the magi bolts and arrows going through pillars.

Quote Originally Posted by ahchew View Post
    It's a part of the game so I just deal with it. But anytime I read learn to Los I roll my eyes. I wish I had a compilation of all the magi bolts and arrows going through pillars.
    Arrows and magi bolts have travel time. When you are in LoS and they cast it and you move out of LoS it will "go through pillars" to hit you.

The warrior purge needs no LoS to initiate, just a target.
    Last edited by Tigruz; 12-16-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    <Retired>

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    Should address warriors being able to purge people without having LoS then.
    don't forget clerics then . warrior this warrior that blah blah srsly you ppl are annoying
    Last edited by Izualy; 12-16-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Uhh this is not a bug it's common sense how a mechanic works. An AoE hits all nearby targets based on the target you have as your actual target. If you are getting hit by someone not in LoS of you, that means some goof is sticking his head out next to your group and getting the group aoe'd. It doesn't matter if you are in LoS or not, if you are within aoe range of somebody who is in LoS of someone AoE'ing, you get hit with the aoe. This is why I stay away from groups often as I can. You catch a lot of aoe damage that you can avoid if you'd just move out of common AoE range.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Uhh this is not a bug it's common sense how a mechanic works. An AoE hits all nearby targets based on the target you have as your actual target. If you are getting hit by someone not in LoS of you, that means some goof is sticking his head out next to your group and getting the group aoe'd. It doesn't matter if you are in LoS or not, if you are within aoe range of somebody who is in LoS of someone AoE'ing, you get hit with the aoe. This is why I stay away from groups often as I can. You catch a lot of aoe damage that you can avoid if you'd just move out of common AoE range.
    No I am seeing projectiles go through objects and hitting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Izualy View Post
    No I am seeing projectiles go through objects and hitting me.
    Its one of two things, Somebody is using fan out, which will make it go through walls, or they shot at you right before you got behind the wall, that will also cause it to go through it to hit you.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

don't forget clerics then . warrior this warrior that blah blah srsly you ppl are annoying
    Lol I don't care about warriors, I think they need a buff. I'm just saying, if the OP is going to complain about arrows following their target, then the same should be complained about the warriors ability to purge without even being able to see their target.
    <Retired>

I have been noticing this for a long time now. I notice the game has a glitch. When I am being shot at I would run behind something for cover (obviously) and i see even visualy theres a few projectiles that just go right through the wall and still hit me. It seems like its the attacks that were fired while i was stil in visual range other then that they can't fire when they cant see. never the less when i run behind a 10 thick cement and rock pillar or wall i shouldn't get hit by an arrow or bullet.

And this is something trion obviously knows about because if they didn't taht would be ridiculous. I find it kinda gross they would still buff rogues and ranged classes first before fixing something like this,
    You are right. Especially in library I see my spear spells follow my target like it's a guided missile. Doesn't matter how far he's gone around corner, if I casted it when he's in range, the spear will follow & find him.

Might be the same reason why mages can cast fireballs off their ars... Back, I mean...

That's Rift PvP for us I guess.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    Lol I don't care about warriors, I think they need a buff. I'm just saying, if the OP is going to complain about arrows following their target, then the same should be complained about the warriors ability to purge without even being able to see their target.
    Are you really only as deep as a puddle? I mean jesus kid. With wf being ***ing 98% ranged attacks i MUST be crazy and it;s way to much to ask that me getting hit by projectiles througha ***ing 8 ft thick cement wall is to much to ask. no you are right. run along now play your kiter class

Boomx.Briarcliff.Rank 8.Rogue - PvP Video 1 || PvP Video 2 || I Carry People
    Zoomx.Deepstrike.Rank 6.Mage
    Last edited by Izualy; 12-17-2011 at 12:58 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast