+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Adastra

Thread: diminishing returns

Telaran

Default diminishing returns

is there a diminishing return effect on the multiple rogue stuns that can kill incredibly too fast?
    because...if there is, I sure missed that sucker being there. it's there for mage's polymorphs.

Quote Originally Posted by EnnCee View Post
    is there a diminishing return effect on the multiple rogue stuns that can kill incredibly too fast?
    because...if there is, I sure missed that sucker being there. it's there for mage's polymorphs.
    Yes there is.

How do DR work in this game? Is it based on one persons abilities or do they share DR with another player using the same effect within a certain window of time? I wasn't playing when it was implemented so just curious. Can you use a cc switch targets use an ability and reset the DR on the first target or does it remember ur action and still make u wait for the DR to wear off. Just so I know if they ever add arena to not run a double fear team for example. Now like the poster above asked even rogue stuns count? Including combo point abilities or just openers? Also if ur arget uses a CD that negates any type of CC does that still strt the DR countdown or does the ability need to land? Sorry for all the questions just curious.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Ascendant

I believe there's only two categories of DR in this game, one for loss of character control (stuns/fear/sap/silence) and one for movement (snares/roots/knockbacks). The DR is not based on what you use on the enemy.

DR effectiveness starts at 100% effectiveness, then 50% effectiveness, then immune for 15 seconds (I believe repeated attempts to use a CC on the target resets the timer?)

So for instance if people on your team uses a stun, then fear on your target. Your target will be immune to your stun/fear for 15 sec.

Edit: In other words, it's very easy in a pug to get people immune to most CC attempts because people tend to spam it sometimes.
    Last edited by Adastra; 12-16-2011 at 08:14 AM.

If that's the case and it is not based on individual spells what's up with all the CC is out of control posts I always thought they may have been viable posts looks like it was just cry babies. Thanks for the info.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

if your a rogue complaining about stuns realy just get out, and yes the squirel morph has diminishing returns but that seems to fade quicker than any other effect so the spell is spamable.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    if your a rogue complaining about stuns realy just get out, and yes the squirel morph has diminishing returns but that seems to fade quicker than any other effect so the spell is spamable.
    I'm a mage, and I get a lot of insta-break/resists on my polymorph. I was wondering about the rogue stuns because the poly spell is the the only one I have, and I was wondering if all rogue stuns contributed to the immune buff effect on the target.

Quite a lot of great answers...thanks to one and all...

Rogues only have one stun, and if you're being killed by an Assassin...
    ugh.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Rogues only have one stun, and if you're being killed by an Assassin...
    ugh.
    Your sig made me laugh.
    Sure the ones who know nothing about their own class...

To the op as said befor 2 cc timers 2nd is 50% duration.
    What has not been mentioned immune timer resets 24 secconds after first cc I initial cast.

So a rogue can stun lock you for 6 seconds open from stealth for 4 second stun full duration then use a another 4 second stun that will last only 2 seconds.
    You now have 18 seconds of immunity to get him low enough for him to slip away.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ahchew View Post
    Your sig made me laugh.

What has not been mentioned immune timer resets 24 secconds after first cc I initial cast.

So a rogue can stun lock you for 6 seconds open from stealth for 4 second stun full duration then use a another 4 second stun that will last only 2 seconds.
    I'm beginning to understand a little more now. Do they have any silences or disarms beside the ranged ones? Also, I was amazed to see that they had a spammable "jump" with a speed boost at the end. I watched a rogue "jump/dash" 5 times across whitefall mid-ground in the course of a 30-45 second run. Not even the 110% speed mounts could come close to catching her. That's a skill worth having, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ahchew View Post
    Your sig made me laugh.

What sucks in pugs is even a CC attempt will reset the immune timer.

So you are already immune, someone tries to CC again, you get "Immune" message and the timer starts back at 24 seconds again.
    "You lost me at Balance"

+ Reply to Thread