+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Charlice

Thread: If you play for PvP and this is your first Toon, don't expect too have fun.

Soulwalker

Default If you play for PvP and this is your first Toon, don't expect too have fun.

In short, there is a trend in MMOs for high level players too create Alts. The express purpose and intent of these Alts is too " Bank Roll" them, I.E. equip them with the best gear,enchants,consumables. Then take them into PvP and essentially dominate the field leaving first time Players who can't afford all of these "Perks" with nothing to do except run from the rezz to their immediate death over and over again.That's not much of a game, nor is it in any way a Barometer of a players "True" skill. Ive played many MMOs and find the actual PVE side of the games (Fighting NPCs,leveling,Questing,Dungeons...etc. non PvP) to be ......Boring. Im very good at it but tired of doing it. I've heard over and over again in many games," You level so fast.". Leveling is just my way of "Trying" to get through so I can PvP. Im glad Trion designed plenty of XP in PvP to eliminate OP players from hanging out too long in any level bracket. But with so many players creating these OP Alts, the problem still remains the same. Don't get me wrong I like a Challenge, but when a group of these players is on a field with a group of Regularly equipped players it's so uneven that no matter how well you know your class and use teamwork. It's no contest.
    So what lurks in the minds of these Veteran players that feel the need to use their resources to create OP Alts? I'll leave that to the shrinks they should be seeing. What lurks in the Minds of the Average first timer to continue Queueing PvP Fields that are overpopulated with OP Alts? Again, Ill let the Docs have 'em. As for me, I consider Rift to be yet another Game I could have been a real force on the field with but was'nt able to because of OP Alts. So I say goodbye to yet another MMO that does'nt allow a "Thinking" player to use his/her skill to accel on the PvP Battlefield. I understand why the sale of illegal in-game currency is a growing problem in MMOs and always will be. Because that's all it takes to be good in PvP is enough Platinum ( in this game)

That's a very nice story but it's impossible to 'twink' a toon for Rift PvP and a lot of the 'better' PvE gear is bind on pickup.

PvP gear is not even obtainable for plat, so really I have no clue what you're talking about and tbh I don't think you do either.
    Last edited by Charlice; 12-15-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

lol, sometimes you read a post and just want to reach out and shake people.

Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

Rift Disciple

It is easy to twink new alts. 2ndly it's not necessary under 50 bracket is where skill and knowledge about the class abilities and macros shines the most.

On my battlegroup it doesn't matter how well my Rank 1 is geared, it still gets plenty of opportunity to eat dirt from higher ranking players (and it's yet to see even one notice saying a warfront it entered is a ranked one). But being as well equipped as it can be might just conceivably lower its gy visits, if only slightly.

One other question to ask that shrink would be how many players would continue to create alts if they could not finance their alts, being it that just like everyone else their very 1st toon on any one shard could not get financing from an alt.

I wonder how much is jealousy when a brand new player sees someone else who is playing a financed alt, which can only happen if the time and effort was put in which exceeds what the new player has had time to do? We can all be "rich" in any way we want, but in this game we all have to walk the walk to begin with, and with progression comes account wide perks that take time to obtain.

Also, in PvP a thing called Valor is needed. There really aren't that many items to equip that do not come with Valor, and only those that don't are viable for financing the best that can be obtained. As far as consumables, they might be financed purchased but generally require the toon to also have Notoriety and the items are not very expensive anyway.

I know from having 4 L50 toons right now that a L50 toon can make 5p a day doing just Stillmoor and PvP dailys and vendor selling all the unwanted drops. Add in the IPP dailys and make a couple of more plat per day, if you have the time. Your Skills should be maxed by the time you turn L50, so use them to sell stuff you make on the AH (including mats others need to skill up) as well as to buff up your toon stats. Just have to put in the time to get the dime, as you will get only what you worked for. And that's enough plat to finance a toon very nicely if you have the right Skills, without needing a Main or other alt to finance an alt (except maybe for a 110% speed mount, which is an expensive luxury). A new toon might not be rolling in the plat but if unneeded things are put off until later then it should not be an insurmountable expense to self-finance without help from a Main or other alt. It builds good business skills!

How many luxuries are purchased that provide nothing but epeen? This is the main reason people go into and stay in dept in real life. This game can help one develop better business management practices, to a degree. Get busy and be lazy later, as you will have earned that right. You make almost no plat if you don't do some PvE things, such as dailys.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Omg is this real life?

Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspots View Post
    Omg is this real life?
    Yes .. I believe it is ..

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetoricles View Post
    In short, there is a trend in MMOs for high level players too create Alts. The express purpose and intent of these Alts is too " Bank Roll" them, I.E. equip them with the best gear,enchants,consumables. Then take them into PvP and essentially dominate the field leaving first time Players who can't afford all of these "Perks" with nothing to do except run from the rezz to their immediate death over and over again.That's not much of a game, nor is it in any way a Barometer of a players "True" skill. Ive played many MMOs and find the actual PVE side of the games (Fighting NPCs,leveling,Questing,Dungeons...etc. non PvP) to be ......Boring. Im very good at it but tired of doing it. I've heard over and over again in many games," You level so fast.". Leveling is just my way of "Trying" to get through so I can PvP. Im glad Trion designed plenty of XP in PvP to eliminate OP players from hanging out too long in any level bracket. But with so many players creating these OP Alts, the problem still remains the same. Don't get me wrong I like a Challenge, but when a group of these players is on a field with a group of Regularly equipped players it's so uneven that no matter how well you know your class and use teamwork. It's no contest.
    So what lurks in the minds of these Veteran players that feel the need to use their resources to create OP Alts? I'll leave that to the shrinks they should be seeing. What lurks in the Minds of the Average first timer to continue Queueing PvP Fields that are overpopulated with OP Alts? Again, Ill let the Docs have 'em. As for me, I consider Rift to be yet another Game I could have been a real force on the field with but was'nt able to because of OP Alts. So I say goodbye to yet another MMO that does'nt allow a "Thinking" player to use his/her skill to accel on the PvP Battlefield. I understand why the sale of illegal in-game currency is a growing problem in MMOs and always will be. Because that's all it takes to be good in PvP is enough Platinum ( in this game)
    What is this i dont even?

I think i need to lie down.
    Last edited by riftfanboi; 12-15-2011 at 08:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread