+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeffreys

Thread: Let's compile a list of battle groups (using SimpleMeter)

Default Let's compile a list of battle groups (using SimpleMeter)

I'm surprised this seems to have not been done before since the DPS/HPS addon named SimpleMeter makes it possible to see the names and servers that compose up a warfront, allowing eventual discovery of what shards make up a battlegroup. Let's find out and disclose what shards make up each battle group that people queue into for warfronts! And track stealth changes to it. Also make notes of which faction tends to predominate over at least a week of playing at least 2 hours of warfronts per day, from your viewpoint. Sound good? I'll start.

According to SimpleMeter, the shards I've seen in my warfront battle group currently are:
    Dayblind (PvP)
    Deepstrike (PvP)
    Deepwood (PvE)
    Greybriar (PvE)
    Keenblade (PvE)
    Milrush (PvE)
    Shatterbone (PvE)

My impressions on current status having just started about a week ago with a Guardian healer (I'm not playing my fully equipped R8) are:
    (1) I have not yet seen, even once, a notice that the warfront I entered was rank matched.
    (2) This is heaven for Defiant, they usually win and even matches are very rare.
    (3) When Guardian do win, it tends to be from midnight until server reset time.
    Even when seeing high levels in unmatched ranking battles, on either side, I see few higher ranking Guardian compared to Defiant.
    (4) Guardian players seem very uncoordinated, not staying or becoming grouped together and tending to solo attack a group of opposing players.
    (5) A surprisingly high ratio of Guardian seem unknowing of objectives; an example would be a large group in Escalated WS heading off to the opposing base to capture a stone that isn't there instead of knowing it will spawn in the center, and vice versa for non Escalated WS. Another example is spreading the team members to all corners of the map in Cx while the Defiant stay in a roaming group leaving only 1 or 2 members to defend a capture point.
    (6) It appears that Defiant often only queue a few members to get some idea of what Guardian are in the warfront by the time the match starts, and then a great many Defiant even across shards show up all at once (suggesting cross shard voice coordinated specific warfront sync queuing) and they act very coordinated in game (perhaps from the 2 PvP shards in the battle group).
    (7) So I don't recommend this battle group for less than R5 Guardian players.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

My battlegroup:

Blightweald-EU
    Icewatch-EU
    Sagespire-EU
    Steampike-EU

It's a good battlegroup; pretty evenly balanced victory-wise (at least from my point of view). And actually quite friendly, too - even across factions.

My SimpleMeter doesn't seem to have a problem recognizing players from other shards, though.
    Strawberryfields L3X High Elf Mage@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Mercenary Krool L60 Mathosian Warrior@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Marshall Raynedrops L60 High Elf Cleric@Bloodiron-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Oh, that's fast and GREAT information, and looks like it's being kept updated! Thanks, now we have a link to give people. So I guess the direction of this thread is now only for comments regarding personal observations about how warfronts are going on a shard basis, from which we can deduce battlegroup performance, as it relates to apparent average over time things regarding which faction wins most often and at what time periods and in what warfronts, if sync queues seem to be common, do you see the notice a lot or not that the warfront is rank balanced, what ranks would have the most fun if they were to transfer to help balance wins, and so on.
    Specter

I'm in that battlegroup. (OP's) It must largely depend on the time you play.

I'm in Australia, I play mainly Guardian side, and normally (due to Dayblind being an Oceanic shard, and in the same battlegroup) land in a more often than not, organised team.

Australia play time there seems to be a lot of 'organised' lower ranked toons running about.

I love this battlegroup on all my girls. Compared to Laethys it is heavenly.
    The only zone that Guards at low rank seem to fail at is Scion. I have no idea why.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Briarcliff
    Byriel
    Gnarlwood
    Silkweb
    Snarebrush
    Threesprings

This wargroup seems okay. There are winning streaks on each side. Defiant did dominate Port Scion but that seems to be changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Hmm, it appears to be outdated after all but only in that it includes shards that are not listed here; meaning Asphodel, Harrow, Snarebrush, and Molinar are shards that seem to have been closed down (maybe they are trial shards now?)

So I composed a new list based on your link and the one I give above, eliminating the apparently closed down shards.

Is the following combined list accurate as of now for North America? 1st column = battle group number, 2nd column = shard name in that battle group, and 3rd column = shard type.

1-Estrael .......... PvE/RP
    1-Faemist ......... PvP
    1-Shadefallen .... PvE/RP
    1-Wolfsbane ...... PvE

2-Belmont ......... PvE
    2-Faeblight ........ PvE/RP
    2-Galena ........... PvE
    2-Seastone ........ PvP
    2-Sunrest .......... PvP/RP

3-Briarcliff ......... PvP
    3-Bryriel ........... PvE
    3-Gnarlwood ...... PvE
    3-Silkweb .......... PvE
    3-Threesprings ... PvE

4-Dayblind ......... PvP
    4-Deepstrike ...... PvP
    4-Deepwood ....... PvE
    4-Greybriar ........ PvE
    4-Keenblade ....... PvE
    4-Millrush .......... PvE
    4-Shatterbone .... PvE

5-Atrophinius ...... PvE
    5-Crucia ............ PvE
    5-Freeholme ...... PvP
    5-Greenscale ...... PvE
    5-Laethys .......... PvE
    Specter

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    I'm surprised this seems to have not been done before since the DPS/HPS addon named SimpleMeter makes it possible to see the names and servers that compose up a warfront, allowing eventual discovery of what shards make up a battlegroup. Let's find out and disclose what shards make up each battle group that people queue into for warfronts! And track stealth changes to it. Also make notes of which faction tends to predominate over at least a week of playing at least 2 hours of warfronts per day, from your viewpoint. Sound good? I'll start.

According to SimpleMeter, the shards I've seen in my warfront battle group currently are:
    Dayblind (PvP)
    Deepstrike (PvP)
    Deepwood (PvE)
    Greybriar (PvE)
    Keenblade (PvE)
    Milrush (PvE)
    Shatterbone (PvE)

My impressions on current status having just started about a week ago with a Guardian healer (I'm not playing my fully equipped R8) are:
    (1) I have not yet seen, even once, a notice that the warfront I entered was rank matched.
    (2) This is heaven for Defiant, they usually win and even matches are very rare.
    (3) When Guardian do win, it tends to be from midnight until server reset time.
    Even when seeing high levels in unmatched ranking battles, on either side, I see few higher ranking Guardian compared to Defiant.
    (4) Guardian players seem very uncoordinated, not staying or becoming grouped together and tending to solo attack a group of opposing players.
    (5) A surprisingly high ratio of Guardian seem unknowing of objectives; an example would be a large group in Escalated WS heading off to the opposing base to capture a stone that isn't there instead of knowing it will spawn in the center, and vice versa for non Escalated WS. Another example is spreading the team members to all corners of the map in Cx while the Defiant stay in a roaming group leaving only 1 or 2 members to defend a capture point.
    (6) It appears that Defiant often only queue a few members to get some idea of what Guardian are in the warfront by the time the match starts, and then a great many Defiant even across shards show up all at once (suggesting cross shard voice coordinated specific warfront sync queuing) and they act very coordinated in game (perhaps from the 2 PvP shards in the battle group).
    (7) So I don't recommend this battle group for less than R5 Guardian players.
    You might be surprised but Defiant pugs are way more advanced then Guardian Pugs. The reason for this is we are often versing Guardian Premades due to the fact they have short que times. Because of this we have had to learn to adapt and play better. Also in Dayblind the Guardian PvP guilds often group up when in open world while most of defiant rely on pugging to take them down. I agree that our pugs can act extremely coordinated, this is because we have had to learn over time.

+ Reply to Thread