+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Spammable mana drain spell in pvp. Traitorous Influence taking 500+ mana at a time.

Shadowlander

Default Spammable mana drain spell in pvp. Traitorous Influence taking 500+ mana at a time.

I dont know if anyone else seems to have a hard time combating this spell, but I seem to get hit with it ALOT. Is there anything to combat this spell? I can clense but it is spammed on me again. This spell renders any mana user useless, no matter what rank you are in pvp.
    IMO its a bit over powering and being it's spammable, then at least tone down how much its able to take from someone.

I'm not the only person having the same isssues with this spell. Im sure all the mages here that use it will flame me.. but facts are facts.. you mages need to use a dif spec other than pyro/dom and then have an opinion on this thread. Untill then do not reply.

Yeah avoid dominators is the only way I see around it. well lets see, that would account for 60% of all people that have jumped on the pyro/dom mage bandwagon right? Thats not very fun now is it? To having avoid a certain class means that class is OP, and makes any character that use's mana USELESS!!. So now all you mage Pyro/dom can flame away

Ascendant

you can cleanse it. cleanse doesnt trigger TI or (its deadlier cousin) mass betrayel.

or wait the duration before using an ability.

Ascendant

You know it has a 30 second cooldown, right?
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

Let it drain you, run, pot/mp regen, heal.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mattya802 View Post
    I don't think he does.

And people complain about VKs. lol

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Shadowlander

Like I said, it renders and mana user useless.. what does it matter..and as I run im followed and get steamrolled anyway. Nice tho. and when 60% of all people are Pyro/dom its becoming an epidemic..
    Last edited by Duby72; 12-15-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duby72 View Post
    Like I said, it renders and mana user useless.. what does it matter..and as I run im followed and get steamrolled anyway. Nice tho. and when 60% of all people are Pyro/dom its becoming an epidemic..
    It matters in the sense that if it has a 30 second CD it isn't spamable, is it?

Think about how bad it is for my warrior, he only has 100 mana
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

The only thing about doms I find stupid is ones that can put 10 stacks of w/e that necro or lock spell is up (forgot what it's called) and then proceed to put mass betrayal and all the other dom CDs on you. **** takes 6+ gcds to cleanse before you can even get to the drains.
    afk tera.

1st Point. It's not spammable is it because it has a 30 second cooldown...
    2nd Point. Cleanse it OR don't mash you keyboard repeatedly spamming abilities until you drain yourself dry
    3rd Point. Dominator's are excellent counters against terrible players
    4th Point. Refer to the 3rd Point.

Sidestep - P8 - Dominator
    Sidestep - Mage - Riptalon

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by -Shiva- View Post
    It matters in the sense that if it has a 30 second CD it isn't spamable, is it?
    OK, its not spammable. 30 sec cooldown. so in the meantime when your afflicted with this debuff the mage gets to lambaste you and if you try and heal you get your mana drained. either way its still a loose loose situation! Something need's to be done about it. with all the abilities Mages have now they get to just stomp every other class in everyway.

Yeah im QQ'in!! when you get Squirrled, TI, single spell crit for 1.5k+ with max valor all at the same time. Tends to be a bit frustrating. SO you just sit there, You cant do anythng.. IMO its way overpowering..Make another class that use's mana and then have an opinion, untill then. No one hardly heals anymore.

Hmm, now we need twice as many healers in a wf than we did in 1.5 just to combat all the rediculusly high Fireball crits, Icecicle crits, AOE's and the mana drains.. and let me tell you healing is not fun to begin with, With most people complaining about NO healers nowadays.

This is just the beginning of no heals in warfronts. cause everyone is rolling mages. And you know what , I do not blame people for rolling mages.. it's the only way to be competetive now.. Which is sad. if its kept like this, rift will certainly be on its way down as it is already. Yes I have mage, and refuse to use the Pyro/Dom as an exploit to win in warfronts.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    1st Point. It's not spammable is it because it has a 30 second cooldown...
    2nd Point. Cleanse it OR don't mash you keyboard repeatedly spamming abilities until you drain yourself dry
    3rd Point. Dominator's are excellent counters against terrible players
    4th Point. Refer to the 3rd Point.

Sidestep - P8 - Dominator
    Whatever....

Telaran

Step 1: Run in and begin healing raid.
    Step 2: Get mana drained. Use silence or interupt with what utility you have.
    Step 3: Get mana drained again to 0
    Step 4: Run away and regen/pot/exit combat
    Step 5: Watch your team dying in your absence
    Step 6: Run in and begin healing what is left of raid
    Step 7: Get mana drained, silence or interupt.
    Step 8: Get mana drained again to 0
    Step 9: Run away and regen/pot/exit combat
    Step 10: Watch the rest of your team be obliterated and your flag/node/crystal lost

Fact is 1 ability should not render an entire player useless every 30 seconds. As a healer is nearly impossible to sneak away and drop combat since im getting focused as soon as the marks go up. I shouldnt have to pop a pot every 30 seconds just to heal.
    1 or 2 minute cooldown i can live with. 30 seconds is way to short.
    Last edited by riftfanboi; 12-15-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Shadowlander

I wish there was more dom's out there this game is about killing people not keeping them alive with 4 wardens on a team.
    Camzor R8 Warrior - Laethys - Outbreak - HK 10/11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast