+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to fix PVP and encourage raiding

Default How to fix PVP and encourage raiding

High rank weapons should have their DPS/SP lowered by 10%-15% of the regular raid drops. Add vengeance = 15%-20% to compensate for the damage lost and add hit to get them into raids! You must add enough veangence to make it that only relic weapons are best in slot for both pvp and pve. Fix AP scaling. Give wars better survival in dps mode instead of being only class that requires pocket healing. Fix warrior dps by 15-20% across all souls or just unerf those 1.4 fixes and actually give rb a slight boost in dps to make it viable in pve.

Everyone would be happier. The PvP weapons are better for pvp but they are good enough to raid with until a pve non relic drops then the pve non relic is better for pve. People won't have to re-alter their gear as much to compensate for not having enough hit and they can take high rank weapons which they took the time to farm out into raids but these weapons won't be as good as the ones you get in raid drops for pve just better for pvp. Clear segregation. You can add valor to new ranks to give pvp gear better opportunity vs the HK counter part and crystals. There should be a usefulness for HK gear in PVP but it should be pricey to use just like it is pricey to use pvp gear in raids.

I think there's almost too much here for one post...
    ~Quiescent

Rift Chaser

I loved the short raids in WoW where there was just a little bit of trash and then boss fights, like Obsidian Sanctum and that coliseum type thing that I can't remember the name of. But those long raid instances that have hours and hours of trash just make me want to pull my hair out.

I really love what the designers have done with Rift, but it does seem like they have the old WoW idea of raiding that longer, more trash = a more epic raid.

For me, I don't have the patience for it, and I know a lot of my PvP friends feel the same way.

Also, I am not in favor of adding more vengeance and other weird work-arounds for PvE/PvP balance. Simpler is better, and every time Trion does something like this, it just makes things more convoluted. We should be able to look at our character sheet and have a good idea of where we are without calculating modifiers and stuff.

+ Reply to Thread