+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An Idea To Help The Bored PVPers

Rift Disciple

Default An Idea To Help The Bored PVPers

I think most people understand that Rift is a PVE game in main. PVP content comes with advancements in the PVE area. And of course that is understandable.

So i have an idea. *Planar Attunements for PVP*. Use favor or marks to gains points specifically for WF or PVP. for example say 10 marks enhance resistance to X element in WF. Work exactly like PA do in PVE content, except you use favor rather than experience points.

Could be Prestige instead of Favor but i think it would make sense that a PA for PVP specifically.

One thing i do think is xp shouldnt lead to these PVP specific PA's. Simply becos the reasoning behind it is to get people in WF and to reward the PVP grinders. Not to reward someone sat in EI doing the invasion mobs for hours on end.

General PVP community. How would you like a PA for PVP? while R9 and R10 are going to be in the pipe lines?

Ascendant

If I'm understanding you right, you'd have specific PvP PA bonuses, that's fine and all, except to the people that play both aspects of the game. I personally would hate to have to "grind" up two types of PA. :\

Shadowlander

So your 885/885 for PVP achieves? There's something to work on I guess...

I wouldnt want PVP PA's, they would most likely end up being worthless like the current PA system.

I think they should put more effort into achievements and make them fun to strive for, rather than ignored by the majority. Would give PVPers something else to work on and measure E peens with.

Make them hard to attain, add new achieves, titles, fluff items, wardrobe stuff, MOUNT skins, WEAPON skins/ornamentation etc.
    Heng - Defiant Cleric of <WARGASM>
    Teebag - Guardian Warrior of <Late Night Sneaky Uncles>

Soulwalker

I have wondered since Planar Attunement came out why there wasn't a single power that was devoted to pvp. I have to fill up endless powers i don't even need (about 1000 points went into increasing my SP with a staff...but wait i don't use a staff...) but there is not one that adds valor, vengeance, or increases favor rewards, etc. Even the resistance powers are only against planar enemies not pvp players, so whats the point for me ( a mainly pvp player)? I really like your idea of not using xp, but favor to fill the pvp perks for planar attunement!
    I also wish i could reset my planar attunement (at least once). now that the 2 tiers are out, a different tier is way better for me than the one i blindly picked at first.
    So, to conclude- add pvp perks (or a pvp "plane" to the Planar attunenment options, and please let me reset my points (at least when the new tiers are added, if not freely).

I have another idea, see the sig.....

At the very least it will be a different kind of suck.

Would be a nice idea if boredom originated from minimal PvP profit.

I would say bells & whistles isn't what Rift needs now. People are not complaining about advancement or profit, they are complaining about terribly unbalanced class & combat system. A real PvPer always gets bored with imbalance issues, because they are competetitive, once they understand due to broken and not well thought mechanics anyone who can Google few words can kill them, they get the hell out.

I'm sure if everyone felt they have 50-50 chance at winning, they wouldn't care much about PvP PAs or other stuff.

*points at Wow* Has next to nothing more than Rift, just -somewhat- balanced duking it out system.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

Rift Disciple

I would rather a challenged warfronts for some premade Vs premade action. No more grind just pvp fun plz

Rift Disciple

Bump. Just because i can pretend trion took the idea from me

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrud View Post
    Would be a nice idea if boredom originated from minimal PvP profit.

I would say bells & whistles isn't what Rift needs now. People are not complaining about advancement or profit, they are complaining about terribly unbalanced class & combat system. A real PvPer always gets bored with imbalance issues, because they are competetitive, once they understand due to broken and not well thought mechanics anyone who can Google few words can kill them, they get the hell out.

I'm sure if everyone felt they have 50-50 chance at winning, they wouldn't care much about PvP PAs or other stuff.

*points at Wow* Has next to nothing more than Rift, just -somewhat- balanced duking it out system.
    I really don't think this is the case.

Most of the people I see complaining in WFs should be getting steamrolled bc they come in with like 4.5k health. So many times I see someone complaining or raging in /WF and I highlight their portrait and see they have low health and no valor.

Or...it's PvE players who come in and stand in one spot and die. I can't tell you how many thousands of times I've seen this, even among people who have some PvP gear. You can't stand in one spot and let melee beat on you, put healing debuffs on you...and expect to live. Even us R8 healers can't keep you up if you do that.

And of course there's the, "OMG it's a premade, wake me when it's over" and they go AFK. And these people who are doing the complaining end up with 7k damage for the entire WF, not enough to even kill one enemy...

These people are unrealistic and will complain no matter what, unless you give them an "I Win" button. I don't think there's any way to make that kind of player happy.

Soulwalker

Default Dedicate a server and see how it go's

Here is a thought dedicate a pvp full on rvr server add towers to take and towns to sac. give say 1% exp bonus for every tower you control or town you control give ppl a real reason to go out and fight other than gear grinding in WF. just a thought there are lots of bugs in doing this im sure but hey might be worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetseoul View Post
    *snip*
    these people are unrealistic and will complain no matter what, unless you give them an "i win" button. They re-roll ever fotm class, but don't bother to level any of them past r4. I don't think there's any way to make that kind of player happy.
    ftfy.........
    Proud slacker of Einherjar
    Nasana - R40 Cleric
    Kee - R24 Fail Mage
    "We Threw Gasoline On The Fire And Now We Have Stumps For Arms And No Eyebrows"

+ Reply to Thread