+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Rank 9 and 10

Telaran

Default Rank 9 and 10

1. I've been bored for months and would like to request ranks 9 and 10
    2. Can you consider making the ranks earnable through world pvp so that higher level players are less likely to want to join warfronts at 9/10?
    This allows the journey to last longer and subdues imbalance in warfronts.

Thx

Telaran

Both are really bad ideas.

1: Just because you are bored doesn't mean everyone else is.
    2: Leveling just off world pvp will promote gank squads roaming around zones killing questers and solo players.
    3: The difference between rank1 to rank 8 is huge. Adding in another 2 tiers will create more QQ and a bigger imbalance.

Basically until Trion really sits down and takes a long hard look at pvp adding in more ranks will just ad to the current bad state of pvp in Rift. The only thing it will accomplish is give fully geared rank 8's something to farm for.

*Shortly after ranks 9 and 10 are added to the game through world PvP*

Defiant: /y come on guardians, let me farm my prestige ranks!

Rift Disciple

Nah it be more. "Come on I just wanna rez for longer then 5 seconds, cheers for camping me for hours on end, that takes skill!"

Plane Touched

Also they'll have to release a new raid tier before releasing a new pvp tier so that pve'rs don't end up being limited to lower level items.

Telaran

Default haha

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Bad idea to increase ranks to 9 and 10? Did you not see us raise it to 7 and 8?
    Better yet, have you EVER played an MMORPG? EVER? seriously? Do you not know that new dungeons come out, that new levels come out, new content keeps bringing you new carrots?

Bad idea? HAHAHAHAHA

Telaran

Also they'll have to release a new raid tier before releasing a new pvp tier so that pve'rs don't end up being limited to lower level items.
    Wrong.

First, HK weapons are better than PVP weapons. Go check.

Second, no, they dont have to. PVEers are happy just sitting in a dungeon, they dont need pvp.

Don't believe me? I'll take a screenshot of my sleeping grandpa, he is a pve'er.

Telaran

Default Lol

This message wasn't directed to you and you have no idea what you are talking about anyway.

I really don't care who else is bored.
    2: Leveling just off world pvp will promote gank squads roaming around zones killing questers and solo players.
    That's what I currently do anyway. No change here, keep moving.
    3: The difference between rank1 to rank 8 is huge. Adding in another 2 tiers will create more QQ and a bigger imbalance.
    Again, let's create a static game with no improved dungeons and ranks. Yeah, that's intelligent. So uber intelligent. Go read laws of gaming. Go play EQ, WoW and come back and tell me new levels and ranks and dungeons will not continually come out. The difference between a level 20 and a level 50 is huge, what is your point? In order to make $$, they have to create carrots. You don't understand how this works.

Basically until Trion really sits down and takes a long hard look at pvp adding in more ranks will just ad (Ad as in advertisement or add as in "I'm not older than 14" ) to the current bad state of pvp in Rift. The only thing it will accomplish is give fully geared rank 8's something to farm for.
    Again, you have played MMORPGs MAYBE once or twice before, at most. At 14, you probably started playing at 8 watching your Dad. On the other hand, I've played literally 20 MMORPGs, many of them for years at a time. Hence, I'm P8, fully geared and ganking you and you are saying there is disparity between levels and are afraid of more..... luckily, they have instant adventures for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlyeyez View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Bad idea to increase ranks to 9 and 10? Did you not see us raise it to 7 and 8?
    Better yet, have you EVER played an MMORPG? EVER? seriously? Do you not know that new dungeons come out, that new levels come out, new content keeps bringing you new carrots?

Bad idea? HAHAHAHAHA
    9 and 10 is a horrible idea atm, due to PVP balance, throwing a carrot(aka 9 and 10) isnt going to keep subscribers.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    9 and 10 is a horrible idea atm, due to PVP balance, throwing a carrot(aka 9 and 10) isnt going to keep subscribers.
    Actually, it is a good idea and it will help keep me.

My dilemma:

Go play SWTOR and create an Assassin or Maurader.... and have FUN pvp leveling again.

Stay here and do, well, nothing.

If they don't raise it, have fun playing without many of us here.

Plane Touched

This message wasn't directed to you and you have no idea what you are talking about anyway.

I really don't care who else is bored.
    That's what I currently do anyway. No change here, keep moving.
    Again, let's create a static game with no improved dungeons and ranks. Yeah, that's intelligent. So uber intelligent. Go read laws of gaming. Go play EQ, WoW and come back and tell me new levels and ranks and dungeons will not continually come out. The difference between a level 20 and a level 50 is huge, what is your point? In order to make $$, they have to create carrots. You don't understand how this works.

Basically until Trion really sits down and takes a long hard look at pvp adding in more ranks will just ad (Ad as in advertisement or add as in "I'm not older than 14" ) to the current bad state of pvp in Rift. The only thing it will accomplish is give fully geared rank 8's something to farm for.
    Again, you have played MMORPGs MAYBE once or twice before, at most. At 14, you probably started playing at 8 watching your Dad. On the other hand, I've played literally 20 MMORPGs, many of them for years at a time. Hence, I'm P8, fully geared and ganking you and you are saying there is disparity between levels and are afraid of more..... luckily, they have instant adventures for you.
    LOL this guy really nerd raged out when you disagreed with him.
    Laundry - R8 War - Deepstrike
    Unsub'd
    Don't mind me, I'm just getting my post count up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xney View Post
    Warrior PVP 1.6: Be afraid of us if you're a green-wearing scrub baddie noob.

Quote Originally Posted by Phats for Sure View Post
    Actually, it is a good idea and it will help keep me.

My dilemma:

Go play SWTOR and create an Assassin or Maurader.... and have FUN pvp leveling again.

Stay here and do, well, nothing.

If they don't raise it, have fun playing without many of us here.
    I do believe there was an S at the end of that, and it was plural. Just because you're so easily amused by the carrot on the stick, doesnt mean everyone is.

Shadowlander

They just need to open more ranks not just r9 and r10 but like rank 15 or so.

And also just make the prestige required for each rank way more than it is now.

like 1 million for r8 to r9, 1.5 mill for r9 to r10 2.5 mil for r11 3.5 mil for r12 etc.

And remove favor limit and they dont need to release new better gear right now but just release it at the future when higher raid comes up. Probably just some cool looking wardrobe for now will do.

This way some hardcore pvpers will at least feel some accomplishment when they are like the only one rank xx in the server or the whole game.

I'm saying this cause the previous mmo I played it took years for someone to reach certain rank and even though it didn't give that much reward some actually enjoyed it.
    Last edited by Shoegazer; 12-15-2011 at 07:38 AM.

Wrong.

Don't believe me? I'll take a screenshot of my sleeping grandpa, he is a pve'er.
    hahaha.. clasic quote right there
    Last edited by bleachx; 12-15-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Champion

I'd prefer they spent the resources on an RvR zone or some sort of siege wars (guild vs guild / shard vs shard) or even some sort of tournament / arena.

Adding extra ranks is largely pointless, the fact some people think that is what constitutes PvP content is a tragic indictment of PvP in this game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast