+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: So...Para/Champ is back

Quote Originally Posted by Xney View Post
    What I don't understand is what people think has changed about parachamp since 1.4.5. It's basically been the same since then. A few abilities were tweaked, but it's not like it's totally different.

If you tried parachamp in 1.4.5+ and 1.5 it was basically the same thing as it is now.

One major difference would be the HK 4pc crystal. (Please explain to me how a PVE item is best for pvp?)
    Same way that PvP items were BiS for PVE, and some items still are BiS or second BiS.
    <Retired>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    Same way that PvP items were BiS for PVE, and some items still are BiS or second BiS.
    Mhm. Seems like this is a problem Trion should address before all others. How do you balance something where because you have a pve raid item you do 30% more damage in pvp, or in pve where because you're R8 you can do a certain amount of dps due to your weapons?
    Raelyn <The Granite Guard> R40 Warrior @ Seastone
    Tomoka <The Granite Guard> R40 Cleric @ Seastone

Mhm. Seems like this is a problem Trion should address before all others. How do you balance something where because you have a pve raid item you do 30% more damage in pvp, or in pve where because you're R8 you can do a certain amount of dps due to your weapons?
    Welcome to 1.4?
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

it will get nerfed, i have no doubt. just not enough warriors rockin it yet to raise the QQ to audible levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    it will get nerfed, i have no doubt. just not enough warriors rockin it yet to raise the QQ to audible levels.
    Took warcraft years and years to figure out pve set bonuses were bad news for pvp.
    R8 Warrior
    Go Riftblade or go Home

Default @pve BiS for pvp

It's kind of hard to just go do HK for the BiS when all you have is pvp gear and random ish from T2s, crafted, and DRRs. People that enjoy pvp aren't raiding on the whole in my opinion. I know die-hards will do them both, but no thanks. I tried to do HK with about 250 hit and I was way down in 10th place dps because you can't effectively do damage without putting in time to pve for the items. And that is with putting hit runes on pvp items, using a crafted crap 2h, and crappy t2 rings neck. lol Obviously gimping the power that R8 offers. The top dps was a pve geared warrior in a raiding guild.

To be locked into pursuing pve to be the best you can be in pvp is very unbalanced, but that is often how it is in other games, too. Hit is 1 factor, set bonuses is the next. You have the same power from stats, that can't miss ever, and proc more dps. And you lose valor in its place. Cool, sign me up! Oh, I have to do raids for 4 months? Forget it. You can still shine without it, believe me. Don't worry about that. You just won't be your best, and that sucks.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Default not impressed

I wish I could be impressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qIuN...w&feature=plcp

If only parachamps got self heals and squirrel skills.

Quote Originally Posted by kaspurtz View Post
    Ok you guys win, ill stop posting videos and im going to delete all my old ones.
    Don't stop posting!!! We need guys like you to give us alternatives to RB.

Even RB sucks now, but eventually we may find out that one spec is still viable and we'll be able to play it for a week or two before they blanket nerf warriors again!!!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    I wouldnt mind as much if it were simply BiS, but its BiS by leaps and bounds. The valor lost is so marginal in comparison to the massive amount of damage gained. It also royally screws over warriors that dont have it as Trion will balance around it, so for us poor sops that only pvp and do open world stuff we are just sol due to a super overpowered pve set bonus.

Ps. The fact that aoes are some of the most damaging skills in the game (especally for wars) is beyond stupid.
    Last edited by jerwel; 12-14-2011 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Ps.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    actualy no rogues was a huge problem due to the rogue runner specs and bad rogues that couldnt play there class.rogues did need a buff in some area's but they got super buffed.and at that point i think it was only none sword and board warrior that they was able to kill pretty easy with the stun spamm dots and slip away bull.

but what karpluts is trying to make out that warrior are OP by attacking low ranks that take alot of damage anyway specialy in pvp gear and be like OMG wow look at these hit numbers blah blah and saying warriors are fine.

they are going to look OP your fighting low ranks my gawd get some common sense!!
    Geesh you triple post too much, and you spill nonsense. We all know warrior is worse of than other classes, but some still wanna see a war doin well. It is all in fun, and you hating on people like it is a job.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Nice vid. The commentary is funny, too - better than the usual pvp vid elevator music.

Got a question for you tho, Kas:
    I stumbled upon one of your vids where you were testing Attack Power vs a dummy. In the vid, you briefly hover over your pvp source engine, and it says +248 valor. How did you stuff that much into it? A Guardian sigil with 6 pvp lessers (of which at least 2 are a complete waste, but that's beside the point) net a grand total of 224 Valor (50+33+33+33+25+25+25).

Am I missing something here? Are you using some special essences, or does Defiant pvp gear simply have a different valor distribution?

Maybe someone else could shed some light on this as well.

Cheers.
    Strawberryfields L3X High Elf Mage@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Mercenary Krool L60 Mathosian Warrior@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Marshall Raynedrops L60 High Elf Cleric@Bloodiron-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Raynedrops View Post
    Nice vid. The commentary is funny, too - better than the usual pvp vid elevator music.

Got a question for you tho, Kas:
    I stumbled upon one of your vids where you were testing Attack Power vs a dummy. In the vid, you briefly hover over your pvp source engine, and it says +248 valor. How did you stuff that much into it? A Guardian sigil with 6 pvp lessers (of which at least 2 are a complete waste, but that's beside the point) net a grand total of 224 Valor (50+33+33+33+25+25+25).

Am I missing something here? Are you using some special essences, or does Defiant pvp gear simply have a different valor distribution?

Maybe someone else could shed some light on this as well.

Cheers.
    Click off unfiltered at the vendor. You can buy the 3 Epic +33 Rogue Essences as well.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    Click off unfiltered at the vendor. You can buy the 3 Epic +33 Rogue Essences as well.
    Wouldn't have occurred to me in a million years. Many thanks! :
    Strawberryfields L3X High Elf Mage@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Mercenary Krool L60 Mathosian Warrior@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Marshall Raynedrops L60 High Elf Cleric@Bloodiron-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Ferago View Post
    If only parachamps got self heals and squirrel skills.
    That's exactly what I thought. If you think of the warrior class on a scale between tank and DPS, and Taugrim's RB/CH/Pal spec is in the middle, the Para/CH spec is a nudge towards the DPS end. You can keep lingering wounds, with DPS similar to 51RB/15Para, but you lose all survivability. So the question is, is warrior DPS good enough to contribute in bringing down a target that would justify a shift away from an SnB spec that already has lingering wounds?

If the answer is 'no', then this spec is nothing but a strain on the healers. Best to venture carefully before deciding to replace your favourite spec with Para/CH...

only viable specs that are even close to the other 3 class's for warriors are lingering around Void Knight right now as its the only soul good enough to give us the UMPH! warrior need to actualy stay alive longer than 3 seconds and then you have to sacrifice plentyfull of DPS useing voidknight.

unless your attacking low ranks and players in PVE gear as kapurtz clearly showed us in his vids warriors just get rolled without being carried by other class's

we even have to use gear thats ment for another class to get our crit and dps up some more.

but what ever im clearly not getting sense into alot of the mindless and blind players on here so whats the point of even trying to help you when players dont listen.

of course there is the odd player ive seen that has actual sense and can see warrior is in trouble whne it comes to PVP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast