+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Pyro/Dom and Chloro/Dom in OPvP

Ascendant

Default Pyro/Dom and Chloro/Dom in OPvP

How are these combos with the damage and or survivability deemed ok? Even with 600-800 valor I'm getting hit for 1.2k-1.9k often. I can't imagine the damage with no valor. The setup time for pyro Dom isn't long either. Squirrel, storm shackle, traitorous inf, cinder. I mean come on the damage this combo does, let alone with the additional can't move/use abilities else I kill myself faster is just over the top for OPvP.

It feels like I'm dead after 4 seconds. Yes, I'm not wearing max valor gear, but it's still a good 22-27% reduction. What gives Trion?

If you're not wearing full valor, you have no room to complain about dieing to fast. Big difference between only some valor and full valor.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Gear up, fix your source engine, then come back and complain, any class will do that to you and MORE when your low valour and poorly geared.
    Sidestep - Mage - Riptalon

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    Gear up, fix your source engine, then come back and complain, any class will do that to you and MORE when your low valour and poorly geared.
    You may want to add "and get 9001 PA levels" into the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by DTM300 View Post
    How are these combos with the damage and or survivability deemed ok? Even with 600-800 valor I'm getting hit for 1.2k-1.9k often. I can't imagine the damage with no valor. The setup time for pyro Dom isn't long either. Squirrel, storm shackle, traitorous inf, cinder. I mean come on the damage this combo does, let alone with the additional can't move/use abilities else I kill myself faster is just over the top for OPvP.

It feels like I'm dead after 4 seconds. Yes, I'm not wearing max valor gear, but it's still a good 22-27% reduction. What gives Trion?
    Pyrodom will not kill you any faster than a equally ranked and geared MM, Sin, RB/Champ, NB, and now add Inquisitor. It's squishy against physical melee and ranged attacks, and has no self healing.

Chlorodom has the lowest possible damage output of any of the mage soul combinations, it's flagged as support and only wins on burst when SP up and it's opposition decides to break the rules of Simon Says.

You say "Even With 600-800 valor" like that's supposed to be near cap. I was pretty sure 901 is what you get standard issue with the PVP gear-set. You can add sigil/source machine with all PVP lessers and add another "33*6=198" valor and a 3 runes (25, 25, 50) , for another 100.
    Deepstrike <Black Flag>
    Vice Chairman of the Defiant Repopulation Committee
    Ereldys - Mage
    Heth - Cooldownblade

Rift Master

Instant squirrel is an issue, and I say this as someone with dom in two of my four pvp specs. I like the idea of dom having the initiative when it comes to control, but spammable 30 yard instant cc is a bit much. What about a self-buff that generates stacks over time, up to five, and each stack reduces the cast time of transmog by 20%? That gives you the first squirrel in most encounters, but the spell at least temporarily reverts back to having a cast time thereafter.

Storm shackle is about the only "eff you, melee" ability in the mage's arsenal at this point, so I'm not sure it's ripe for any significant nerfs. Maybe add a fourth "tick" and redistribute the same total damage accordingly. That takes out some of the bite without impacting the spell's potential to punish overzealous chasers/runners.

Shades need a gigantic nerf. They should be tied to the number of points you spend in dom. A 51 dom has crap sustained dps and deserves a fantastic one-off. A 31 dom/31 pyro has plenty of reliable damage output without stacking a completely OP cooldown on top of it.

600 (or 800.. which is it?) is almost half of what most people are running in PvP. You're missing another 20-25% damage reduction, and a boat load of endurance from the PvP gear.

You want the most OP abilites:

Fell Blades, Vampiric Munitions, Lingering Wounds.
    If you have them you will take out any kind of healing mage. Including Chloro/Dom.

Pyro/Dom can't heal. So you have to outdamage them.

Its really simple to win if you think about it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by faulty View Post
    600 (or 800.. which is it?) is almost half of what most people are running in PvP. You're missing another 20-25% damage reduction, and a boat load of endurance from the PvP gear.
    Endurance is not far off. It was anywhere from that. The % reduction was 22% I believe. I get up to about 32% with FULL PvP gear on.

Getting hit for the damage I did? Ok, subtract 10% more. Not that big of a difference being that the death occurs from 4 abilities and I, nor can any? Other class kill you outright with 4 abilities, let alone that easily.

Storm shackle ruins you because you can't run or move, yet you can't stay still else you'll definitely die as well.

You're cc'd so either you break out, or stay cc'd and eat a big hit.

Traitorous influence, now I'm taking damage moving, OR using an ability (shackle + traitorous).

It's a lose/lose situation with all of those attacks hitting for 700+ damage with 22% reduction. And 700 is really just the traitorous, as I'm getting hit for 1K+ per storm shackle tick, plus the cinder which is huge, plus the traitorous.

Again, if I had 0 valor it'd be a 2 shot. With valor it's a 4 shot. Not sure what Mages can get their crit % up to, but it seems that they can get it decently high.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    You want the most OP abilites:

Fell Blades, Vampiric Munitions, Lingering Wounds.
    If you have them you will take out any kind of healing mage. Including Chloro/Dom.

Pyro/Dom can't heal. So you have to outdamage them.

Its really simple to win if you think about it.
    I've thought about it. Outdamage a huge damage class that can CC you.

The only way to go about it is Sin and stun them off the bat. But again, they can flicker, insta squirrel you, and it's a no win (cut and run, slip away, etc.).

Their ease of win is just insta squirrel and unload and you're dead in 4 casts. What other class/combo has the ability to do that with such ease?

Ease being:

Damage if the other person moves
    Damage if the other person uses an ability
    Damage if you stand still because obviously no one is going to let you just stand still.

Who has that type of damage with those conditions and an insta cc?

Seriously.

I've thought about it. Outdamage a huge damage class that can CC you.

The only way to go about it is Sin and stun them off the bat. But again, they can flicker, insta squirrel you, and it's a no win (cut and run, slip away, etc.).

Their ease of win is just insta squirrel and unload and you're dead in 4 casts. What other class/combo has the ability to do that with such ease?

Ease being:

Damage if the other person moves
    Damage if the other person uses an ability
    Damage if you stand still because obviously no one is going to let you just stand still.

Who has that type of damage with those conditions and an insta cc?

Seriously.
    Come to dayblind if you're a defiant. I will teach you how to deal with both.
    i could also give you some builds that make things alot easier.

Telaran

Stop whining about exact builds because it is pointsless to do so. You can easyly counter a build if you think they are OP. Every class has a counter build for pyro/dom and chloro/dom? it is more easy to do atm with all these new rogue poisons. I am currently using a type of sc build and I am not whining when I got killed by an assassin/nb or rb while I barely hit them till I die. So in this case clerics and most types of mages shouldnt whine about me dealing great amounts of burst damage in 3 seconds after a 5 seconds of electrify and ice shear stacking.

Sword of Telara

If a spell does 1000 damage on a 0 valor target then it will hit you for 800 if you have 20% reduction. If you have 40% reduction then it will hit you for 600. So that 20% more reduction means you take 25% less damage. The more valor you have, the more benefit you get from it compared to your previous value of valor. So get max valor before judging the damage you take.

Quote Originally Posted by Robes View Post
    If you're not wearing full valor, you have no room to complain about dieing to fast. Big difference between only some valor and full valor.
    Dude I have around 1k valor on both my toons, it is not the end all be all in pvp anymore. It is just a baseline must-have now to even enter the match. Mages still have ridiculous dps for the survival valor or not. This was the issue with 1.5 RS/NB, and still is to an extent, mages qq to no end about that but they're all hush hush now....
    Last edited by Mako482; 12-14-2011 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hopp View Post
    If a spell does 1000 damage on a 0 valor target then it will hit you for 800 if you have 20% reduction. If you have 40% reduction then it will hit you for 600. So that 20% more reduction means you take 25% less damage. The more valor you have, the more benefit you get from it compared to your previous value of valor. So get max valor before judging the damage you take.
    Let's be more realistic here......when an icicle hits you for 3000-4000 damage and you had 40% or so mitigated from valor......be happy it did not hit you for closer to 5500-7500 damage. Lucky you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast