+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Revert the attempted prestige rank 'balance' when queuing.

Rift Chaser

Default Revert the attempted prestige rank 'balance' when queuing.

There was a change made that was an attempt by Trion to improve balance in level 50 warfronts, ex. rank 4s fight rank 5s instead of rank 8s.

The problem is - it does far more bad than it does good.

All I have seen from this is slower queue times for everybody, especially high ranks. Even worse, when the rank balance system does appear to take effect, I usually see a full team of people r4 and below going up against a team that has lots of r6+ people.

At best, it seems that this 'rank balance' takes effect on a per-faction basis, not per-match basis. In other words, if lots of defiants are queuing and few guardians are queuing, it will match up the low rank defiants against all the guardians - many which are high rank.

This system is a failure. Warfronts were better in numerous ways before this system was implemented.

I suggest the system is either removed or overhauled.
    Last edited by TimeBomb; 12-11-2011 at 03:02 PM.

Tbh I've seen no real indication that the system works anyway.

My baby mage (r3, just) spent most of the weekend in warfronts with r8's. Is that working as intended?

(Guardian side)

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Ascendant

Charlice, I am worried about your mage addiction, I have 2 at 50th LOL, you have......what? 4?!!!

As to WF Q's not really happy with the change, not super upset either, but I do see much longer Q's now.
    Last edited by rastaah; 12-11-2011 at 03:09 PM.

It doesn't work due to the population imbalances.

Trion needs to clue in, remove faction limitations from warfonts, and merge all the servers into one wargroup.

Works on weekends, no so much on weekdays.

Oh, and god forbid weekend bonus is an unpopular map, then you have any ol rank together.
    I wouldnt want to merge guardian and defiant however. Its dumb on concept.

Faction transfers would the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by rastaah View Post
    Charlice, I am worried about your mage addiction, I have 2 at 50th LOL, you have......what? 4?!!!

As to WF Q's not really happy with the change, not super upset either, but I do see much longer Q's now.
    I only have 3 mages at 50. And 2 under 50......... on one shard.

I have a rogue but I don't like the way they play in Rift. I had scouts in EQ2 and I liked smashing face close up. You seem to need to be ranged with scouts here.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBomb View Post
    There was a change made that was an attempt by Trion to improve balance in level 50 warfronts, ex. rank 4s fight rank 5s instead of rank 8s.

The problem is - it does far more bad than it does good.

All I have seen from this is slower queue times for everybody, especially high ranks. Even worse, when the rank balance system does appear to take effect, I usually see a full team of people r4 and below going up against a team that has lots of r6+ people.

At best, it seems that this 'rank balance' takes effect on a per-faction basis, not per-match basis. In other words, if lots of defiants are queuing and few guardians are queuing, it will match up the low rank defiants against all the guardians - many which are high rank.

This system is a failure. Warfronts were better in numerous ways before this system was implemented.

I suggest the system is either removed or overhauled.
    I wonder if I confuse the system when me (a full r8 player) groups with my buddy who is temporarily playing and just dinged 50 last night. Needless to say we got about instant q's all night. Though it didn't feel any different from when I que solo.

I can't say I kept scientific data but I don't feel like my Q times suffered after that update. Though I do feel like I was going up against a lot more closely ranked players to my own rank.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-11-2011 at 03:47 PM.

Gotta tell ya...

Since they made the change, my WF experience has improved quite a bit on my mid-level toons. Not every match is ideal. Quite a few are lopsided blowouts just like before and I encounter my fair share of high ranked toons, but there are a lot more evenly matched battles now.

I can, however, sympathize with the rank 8's out there who are having a hard time with the new system. I think that Trion needs to promote high ranked PvP in some way, just to keep the high ranked players playing the game. The problem I see is that, due to a general lack of interest in playing high ranked toons (lack of progression, burn out, etc) there is a resultant lack of high ranked players in WF's. This is causing most of the problem, as I see it.

Give people a reason to keep running WF's after they hit rank 8. Lure them back into WF's with titles, cosmetic upgrades, pets, mounts and any number of other shiny baubles and you should see an improvement in queue times for high ranked players.

PS: This also seems to be cluster specific.
    Last edited by Meina; 12-11-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Can't say that I've noticed any difference whatsoever. Healthy mix of squishies and hardcases, and queueing is pretty much insta (unless I want only one specific warfront).

Guardian side. Battlegroup Blightweald/Icewatch/Steampike/Sagespire-EU
    Strawberryfields L3X High Elf Mage@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Mercenary Krool L60 Mathosian Warrior@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Marshall Raynedrops L60 High Elf Cleric@Bloodiron-EU

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    Gotta tell ya...

Since they made the change, my WF experience has improved quite a bit on my mid-level toons.
    The change affected level 50s only.

I'm a defiant on the seastone cluster, and, well, it is near 50/50 during active hours, but late at night, guardians facerape us. I constantly see teams of gaurdians which are all r6+ versus my team, where no one has over 5k HP. It's pathetically frustrating.

The change affected level 50s only.

I'm a defiant on the seastone cluster, and, well, it is near 50/50 during active hours, but late at night, guardians facerape us. I constantly see teams of gaurdians which are all r6+ versus my team, where no one has over 5k HP. It's pathetically frustrating.
    Sorry, meant to say "Mid-ranked" toons, not mid-level.

I notice myself getting queued repeatedly vs the same R8 players even when theres gaps in the middle of my games where i dont play.. I believe the matchmaking system is actually working, but theres no way to confirm it 100%, havent noticed much of a delay in queues either, possibly because other faction outnumbers us though.
    Kamahlen - R8 Warrior - 10/11 HK - Icewatch. Shard First Lord of War. Hands-Down Worst Warrior EU.

No clue whatsoever if anything thats mentioned above is actually worth reading anymore, so much has changed in the year i've been gone its like.. whoa...

My R1 warrior(guard) in deepstrike wait for like 23min for a pop in WEEKEND, PRIME TIME.
    My R7 warrior (defiant) in dayblind wait for less than 5min~10min for one in weekdays when pop is low.
    (note: they are in the same wf grouping)
    High rank don't really have slower queue, since that there is way more high rank(+r4) than low rank now.
    PS:It takes me like 3hr~4hr of pvping to reach R3 and for some magical reason, the queue time decreases.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    It doesn't work due to the population imbalances.

Trion needs to clue in, remove faction limitations from warfonts, and merge all the servers into one wargroup.
    Yes cause merging every single shard into one wargroup would not require re-programming and proper re-wiring of hardware <_<.
    I think you're being a bit unrealistic for such a demand on merging.

I honestly don't see any matching going on, unless defiants have hardly any R6+ because I can do a few WFs on my R8 (with only a couple other R8s), switch over to my R2... and end up on the same teams against the same super geared enemy teams. Can someone explain how this matching works? I don't see it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast