+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The number of geared Defiant PvP'ers ...

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    128

    Default The number of geared Defiant PvP'ers ...

    ... is too darn high!

    Live, current Killing Blow stats, Defiants listed first, as of 10:32pm server on Friday, all from Whitefall Escalation:

    66-8
    54-3
    43-2
    85-10
    36-6
    58-3
    33-10
    71-4
    52-11
    51-3 (rage quit here)

    Playing on the Dayblind/Deepstrike battlegroup. In every case ... EVERY CASE ... the Defiants blitzed and wiped the entire raid.

    All WF's were 3-0 wipeouts. I don't mind losing ... but this is getting ridiculous.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Defiants out number Guardians so it makes sense there are more r8 geared Defiants than Guardians.
    Of course they suffer much longer ques.
    Which is why there is always a ton of ****ing and moaning about long ques.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Riftrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    443

    Default

    The only people still playing are the hardened PvP'ers who have the gear. Whitefall/Bloodiron there are very few new players and the fresh or below P6 50's stopped playing.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Aguni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riftrox View Post
    The only people still playing are the hardened PvP'ers who have the gear. Whitefall/Bloodiron there are very few new players and the fresh or below P6 50's stopped playing.
    What do you propose as a solution?

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Defiants out number Guardians so it makes sense there are more r8 geared Defiants than Guardians.
    Of course they suffer much longer ques.
    Which is why there is always a ton of ****ing and moaning about long ques.
    Actually it's the opposite. There are fewer guards on most servers, and as a result, they get faster queues and gear faster.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aguni View Post
    Defiants out number Guardians so it makes sense there are more r8 geared Defiants than Guardians.
    Of course they suffer much longer ques.
    Which is why there is always a ton of ****ing and moaning about long ques.
    Maybe. But I've noticed than in every whitefall, the defiants charge forward and the guardians inch forward ... then back up ... then get wiped.

    I can think of far more really good defiant pvp'ers than guardian ones now.

    Just lost 28-12 in just over 4 minutes ... *sigh*

  7. #7
    Plane Touched Fizzypop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Funny because on my cluster defiant never win ever. Like I'm serious 99% of the time we lose doesn't matter if we focus or not. Doesn't matter if we lead or not. Doesn't matter if people try to do the objectives we don't win. I as a healer in a cookie cutter spec (warden/sent/temp) die 2-3 hits so I know that their team is out ranking us. Not hard to do when I'm a low rank, but it does make me wonder why bother? It seems most of the time we get into warfront where the other team just has better gear than us. We focus their healers STILL can't win. It seems pvp in rift is who has the most AOE and who has the better gear. It's really annoying :/ I want to see more rank match making because I'm tired of playing a healing spec where I do very little healing as I am one shotted by any one player that looks at me. As for the q I'd say just make all servers join for warfronts. I'd love for GW2 capture points to be brought in as well. It's much more fun IMO.
    Last edited by Fizzypop; 12-10-2011 at 12:37 AM.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Scarybadlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steebu View Post
    ... is too darn high!

    Live, current Killing Blow stats, Defiants listed first, as of 10:32pm server on Friday, all from Whitefall Escalation:

    66-8
    54-3
    43-2
    85-10
    36-6
    58-3
    33-10
    71-4
    52-11
    51-3 (rage quit here)

    Playing on the Dayblind/Deepstrike battlegroup. In every case ... EVERY CASE ... the Defiants blitzed and wiped the entire raid.

    All WF's were 3-0 wipeouts. I don't mind losing ... but this is getting ridiculous.
    Ok so im not understanding your post completely. Are you mad at Defiants because the people who pvp have pvp gear sometimes better then the guards and now you want Trion to nerf the peoples gear who que against you? Are you mad at the Guardians you play with not being geared enough and want Trion to mail them better gear? Do you want Trion to follow you while you are qued and if they see you lose a couple games send you some in game mail with "you automatically win one Wf" cards? Do you wish that everyone was as good as you on the Guard side you que with? Would a across the board nerf of every Defiants pvp gear make you happy? Do you think that if they gave everyone on the Guard side that you qued with that night the best gear that you would win then beacuse you saw perfect gameplay by your side and it was only because of gear that you lost? I just want to make sure i am 100% clear because it really seems viable that the only reason you lost those games is due to gear. I mean because you can inspect every Defiant you played against so you know that they were all R8's vs your underdog raid geared Guardian teams. Do you think it would be viable if i made this post about last night? Please read below...

    Last night I qued on my Defiant toon and no one in the Wf's I qued with on Defiant side was in pvp gear and we faced Guardian teams all in R8 (because i was able to inspect them I know) and check out the results from the end of the WF.

    Live, current Killing Blow stats, Defiants listed first, as of 10:32pm server on Friday, all from Whitefall Escalation:

    66-8
    54-3
    43-2
    85-10
    36-6
    58-3
    33-10
    71-4
    52-11
    51-3 Rage quit because it was too easy

    Playing on the Dayblind/Deepstrike battlegroup. In every case ... EVERY CASE ... we the Defiants blitzed and wiped the entire raid even thou our gear was from t2 dungeons.

    This just proves gear doesnt matter. Class knowledge, peeling off our healers, teamwork and communication wins WF's.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Scarybadlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Oh i forgot to add something so it continues below...

    We all know Trion no matter how you balance nerf and buff which at this point from forum posts ive read basically has almost come to the point where people will start asking for nerfs not to the classes but to the actual factions as a whole. Even if there was one class with one spec with one available gear set equal to all in this game Trion you know people would still call it OP when they lost to it. So just wanted to post my results from last night to show how well us Defiants played against the overgeared Guardian teams!!!
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

  10. #10
    Plane Walker Scarybadlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Also the constant mention of other games that everyone is waiting for that wont have the issues with balance like Rift does OBVIOUSLY because there wasnt 100,000 posts about how people cant wait for Rift because WOW was so imbalanced and how it was supposed to change everything is ridiculous. Did you ever read Guild Wars forums? Because obviously there was never a post complaining about balance there. Actually i know SWTOR will not have this issue or wait how about the true mans pvp game which was super balance DAoC or wait WARHAMMER that was balanced....no one sec maybe Age of Conan? Now that was balance...ahh no not that one. Wait a sec lets go to the first person shooter games because BF3 CoD those games no one complains about balance or mechanics that give an upper hand or maps that make it easier for one person to beat another or weapons that shouldnt be allowed. Hmmm i think maybe all those games and every game in the future will be balanced and no one will complain about any of those.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

  11. #11
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    890

    Default

    well as a defiant I find the guardians play silly. I rush in as a blink bard, with my buffs up, hit a dmg mitigation cd, virtuoso and spam heal coda...the entire enemy team attacks just me and fails, I cc 2 of them (healers if I can) and my team burns them down one by one... IF they just ignored me I'd be ineffectual, my sole job is to tie up large numbers of their team so they are effectively outnumbered elsewhere. For some reason a teleporting bard, playing a banjo at them gets teh guardians all riled up

    Actuallly I'd expect guardians to be better geared, fewer guardianss, quicker queues, faster honor/prestige gains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

  12. #12
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarybadlady View Post
    Also the constant mention of other games that everyone is waiting for that wont have the issues with balance like Rift does OBVIOUSLY because there wasnt 100,000 posts about how people cant wait for Rift because WOW was so imbalanced and how it was supposed to change everything is ridiculous. Did you ever read Guild Wars forums? Because obviously there was never a post complaining about balance there. Actually i know SWTOR will not have this issue or wait how about the true mans pvp game which was super balance DAoC or wait WARHAMMER that was balanced....no one sec maybe Age of Conan? Now that was balance...ahh no not that one. Wait a sec lets go to the first person shooter games because BF3 CoD those games no one complains about balance or mechanics that give an upper hand or maps that make it easier for one person to beat another or weapons that shouldnt be allowed. Hmmm i think maybe all those games and every game in the future will be balanced and no one will complain about any of those.
    I agree, to a point.

    GW:2 may have class imbalances, but, there is no gear imbalance or ranks. So its more down to composition and skill than who outgears who.
    No, I dont think all classe will be balanced, its never going to happen perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Nam19771's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarybadlady View Post
    Also the constant mention of other games that everyone is waiting for that wont have the issues with balance like Rift does OBVIOUSLY because there wasnt 100,000 posts about how people cant wait for Rift because WOW was so imbalanced and how it was supposed to change everything is ridiculous. Did you ever read Guild Wars forums? Because obviously there was never a post complaining about balance there. Actually i know SWTOR will not have this issue or wait how about the true mans pvp game which was super balance DAoC or wait WARHAMMER that was balanced....no one sec maybe Age of Conan? Now that was balance...ahh no not that one. Wait a sec lets go to the first person shooter games because BF3 CoD those games no one complains about balance or mechanics that give an upper hand or maps that make it easier for one person to beat another or weapons that shouldnt be allowed. Hmmm i think maybe all those games and every game in the future will be balanced and no one will complain about any of those.
    Man don't pop their bubble! People need to believe unreleased games are gonna fix everything.
    I'm personnally waiting for Aion 5, which I'll ditch for GW 8.

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Scarybadlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nam19771 View Post
    Man don't pop their bubble! People need to believe unreleased games are gonna fix everything.
    I'm personnally waiting for Aion 5, which I'll ditch for GW 8.
    Lol I still think koopa troopa in the snes version of mario kart was OP. I could never beat my bro if I was using Bowser. I think they should also go back and give donkey kong a self heal and that the tires across all go karts be equalized cause there were def hacks I know others abused.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

  15. #15
    Ascendant Flashmemory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steebu View Post
    ... is too darn high!

    Live, current Killing Blow stats, Defiants listed first, as of 10:32pm server on Friday, all from Whitefall Escalation:

    66-8
    54-3
    43-2
    85-10
    36-6
    58-3
    33-10
    71-4
    52-11
    51-3 (rage quit here)

    Playing on the Dayblind/Deepstrike battlegroup. In every case ... EVERY CASE ... the Defiants blitzed and wiped the entire raid.

    All WF's were 3-0 wipeouts. I don't mind losing ... but this is getting ridiculous.
    You probably play at a bad time. It is like 50/50 throughout the day. Actually during the week guardians pretty much dominate this cluster. Also guardians tend to be using FOTM specs and mostly casters. I played on that cluster and for the first 5 months guardians pretty much dominated every single battlefront during all times. It is less now but they still win a lot more than this. A lot...just bad timing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts