+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The number of geared Defiant PvP'ers ...

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybadlady View Post
    Also the constant mention of other games that everyone is waiting for that wont have the issues with balance like Rift does OBVIOUSLY because there wasnt 100,000 posts about how people cant wait for Rift because WOW was so imbalanced and how it was supposed to change everything is ridiculous. Did you ever read Guild Wars forums? Because obviously there was never a post complaining about balance there. Actually i know SWTOR will not have this issue or wait how about the true mans pvp game which was super balance DAoC or wait WARHAMMER that was balanced....no one sec maybe Age of Conan? Now that was balance...ahh no not that one. Wait a sec lets go to the first person shooter games because BF3 CoD those games no one complains about balance or mechanics that give an upper hand or maps that make it easier for one person to beat another or weapons that shouldnt be allowed. Hmmm i think maybe all those games and every game in the future will be balanced and no one will complain about any of those.

FYI I wasn't talking about imbalances or balances in other games. I was talking about GW2s capture point system which is different than rifts and IMO better. I hope I didn't cause your rant because I never implied GW2 or any game is going to have a perfect PVP system and/or is even better than rift. I was just saying what I liked from another game which was playable at game cons.

As far as the rest I'm well aware there will be some imbalances. I like the soul system rift has and even the ranking system isn't terrible. My only real "complaint" is that they need to be more seperated and if qs are long merge all servers into one cluster. It does suck when you can't even hit more than one button per encounter because you are dead. The way I play really doesn't matter at all either. Only the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Actually it's the opposite. There are fewer guards on most servers, and as a result, they get faster queues and gear faster.
    Agreed. But the amount Rambos on the Guardian side outnumbered the Defiants.
    We Defiants attack in packs. They attack solo lol! Free favors = Better Gears Faster. Savvy?
    Last edited by Crazio; 12-11-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post
    Saying that Guardians out gear Defiants in general because of faster queue times is false. The 2 prominent servers in that battlegroup are PvP servers. Outnumbering someone on a PvP server means YOU gear up faster, not the underpopulated faction. Thus that argument doesn't take into account all factors.

TBH I never understood why PvP and PvE servers had their WF's grouped together anyways. Seems backwards to me.
    I really really wish they'd seperate PVP shards from PVE if they won't do the whole cluster merging. Briarcliff has more guardians and most roll in premades. Everytime I see more than 2 people from that server we are sure to get rolled.
    Last edited by Fizzypop; 12-11-2011 at 06:23 PM.

players with rank 5 and above (5/6/7/8) have their own queue for wf's, this would bring alot of balance to the pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Actually it's the opposite. There are fewer guards on most servers, and as a result, they get faster queues and gear faster.

fast queue times yes...gear faster, not when they lose 90% of the matches...they get a 1/3 of the favor defiants do....

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by steebu View Post
    ... is too darn high!

Live, current Killing Blow stats, Defiants listed first, as of 10:32pm server on Friday, all from Whitefall Escalation:

66-8
    54-3
    43-2
    85-10
    36-6
    58-3
    33-10
    71-4
    52-11
    51-3 (rage quit here)

Playing on the Dayblind/Deepstrike battlegroup. In every case ... EVERY CASE ... the Defiants blitzed and wiped the entire raid.

All WF's were 3-0 wipeouts. I don't mind losing ... but this is getting ridiculous.
    I think I played once or twice in these whitefalls.. it was premade and double premades that night, and one triple premade. Getting quality opposition is nothing to complain about. The problem was the guardians were just terrible that night.. like the worst players possible. Terrible amount of whining in raid|warfront too. Rage inducing.

On that note I have to admit, I raged pretty bad lol. Even went so far as to emote/yell reckless for having 8 in on one. Fortunately, a work trouble call meant I had to log.
    Last edited by ururu; 12-12-2011 at 08:58 AM.

I almost feel like this is a troll post it's so ludicrous. You do realize that across shards, on both Defiant and Guardian sides, you have two kinds of PvP warfront experiences - those that are organized and those that are chaotically pugged. The Organized ones sometimes have premades, sometimes they have guildies who stick together and watch each others' backs, sometimes just players who are good and know how to communicate, so they often win (or give a good showing at least, a close match).

The chaotically pugged are the ******ed rogues attacking SnB warrs, the single player that runs ahead of the group into the mass of oncoming baddies, dies, and says 'wtfwtb heals', etc.

It happens on both sides. Defiants are not overgeared dummy, nor are Guardians always premading.

The imbalance is based on rankings atm, not one side or the other (Defiant or Guard). Anyone who doesn't understand this is likely contributing to why the devs never address it publicly.
    Linkedin
    Crushing noobs in RIFT PvP since 2011

I am on deepstrike.

I queued non-stop pretty much from 12pm to about 9ish. I would say I won more than I lost.. but there was no shortage of getting steamrolled.

Only thing i learned was that I really do hate rogues and their run-spec ********. And that I have to outplay everyone to light up the scorecard.
    R8 Warrior
    Go Riftblade or go Home

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3