+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: I play a warrior... am i pissed off?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinxx View Post
    I played a warrior not only to full p8 but from 1.3 up till the end of 1.5. Name was Brezerker, close to 180k total kills racked up, was a member of <Banished>, a great defiant pvp guild. Knew my class inside and out, every aspect of warrior pvp. Now check my post log and watch the video of me deleting him. As all warriors should. Their not only a joke in pvp but an insult to have in any warfront now. Trion has essentially removed the warrior class from pvp. Anyone trying to say otherwise is truly an idiot or trying to hold back a fix, which honestly isn't coming for warriors, your grooms bastard sons. Re roll or quit guys. No hope here.
    So when the warrior was silly overpowered 2 button no brainer class you were 'good'. When it became normal you stopped being 'good'. Interesting......

I am ashamed forsakadim posts as a warrior.

Can you just say you play a mage or rogue? You might mix into that crowd a bit more comfortably.
    R8 Warrior
    Go Riftblade or go Home

Sword of Telara

I'm sorry to say it, but as a p8 rogue... one of the scarriest things is a well played warrior. Lots of little tricks they can use, and lots of builds. Figure out what works when/where. If you're dieing to NB/RS... you do get a build that can strip buffs. Guess what? They go limp.. fast. Also, 99% of their dps is magic based. Yeah...

Don't rely on 1 spec to win every warfront for you. I don't do that with my rogue. I switch between my 4 pvp builds all throughout warfronts depending on what is needed, and what sort of group I'm fighting against/with.

Mages... are a bit scary.

Clerics... can be nearly invulnerable, and keep the enemy team alive. I think i hate them.

All in all though, I would say the classes are farily balanced. There are good counters for each build out there, folks just have to be willing to hit the little role swapping button... and actually use counters for them to work.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    I'm sorry to say it, but as a p8 rogue... one of the scarriest things is a well played warrior. Lots of little tricks they can use, and lots of builds. Figure out what works when/where. If you're dieing to NB/RS... you do get a build that can strip buffs. Guess what? They go limp.. fast. Also, 99% of their dps is magic based. Yeah...

Don't rely on 1 spec to win every warfront for you. I don't do that with my rogue. I switch between my 4 pvp builds all throughout warfronts depending on what is needed, and what sort of group I'm fighting against/with.

Mages... are a bit scary.

Clerics... can be nearly invulnerable, and keep the enemy team alive. I think i hate them.

All in all though, I would say the classes are farily balanced. There are good counters for each build out there, folks just have to be willing to hit the little role swapping button... and actually use counters for them to work.
    If you find warriors scary, im not sure what I can do for you.

Comparing our builds to a rouge who can go ranged or stealth.. or mages who can go pew pew or outheal clerics...

If you say classes are fairly balanced you are fairly delusional.
    R8 Warrior
    Go Riftblade or go Home

Quote Originally Posted by forsakendim View Post
    Then the warrs u play against are crap or low ranks

Check this pic http://imageshack.us/f/24/20111201165132.jpg/
    this is from a guardian that and showing healing i am defiant check last name and see dmg-kbs and the second on healing was alt from guild playing chlordom spec so check it and then tell me if warrs are good or not and this pic is a week old
    Cool a picture bro. Too bad killing blows doesn't show skill LOL. This picture is invalid and shows me nothing. I'm telling you right now that a warrior is nothing in pvp vs a Chloro.

Telaran

I would like to post on a few topics I've read so far.

To the screenshot guy... if you actually used photoshop I lol @ you. Furthermore, why would you not share the rest of the screenshot? A secret spec? LOL. And if you did have a great spec you should share it..... there are a lot of great minds playing warrs that would love to build on your ideahs. Not to mention it might help your credibility here.

To the rogue assuming warriors don't change specs during wf's. Of course we do. I've got a reaver tank build I use that's fairly similar to my hk build I use for holding/running. I've got 2 riftblade dmg specs. I've got some champ some paragon some pally but if you think for a second we as warriors can stealth off out of combat somewhere and change them frequently in wf's then you're dead wrong. I'm very rarely out of combat in a dex/bg/ps/lr. Especially if I've got good heals.

To state the topic of the thread AGAIN...... warrior pvp is supposed to be ****** faces and occasionally tanking. Not ranged dps not healing not support. So why is it that our **** has been dwindeling and the other classes can do everything? We have ONE soul that puts up ok numbers in pvp but if you go that route you better have heals behind you because there is no survivability. From what I've seen from the trolls in earlier posts is that its a l2play issue and their spec has survivability and they do awesome.....I already know what their specs are.....I've tested them......I've tested them all. This is what I do man. Its just nowhere near competitive with the other 3 classes.

In closing....if a warrior NEEDS another player to help kill a caster(mage/cleric) then why does the caster never need any help to kill a warrior.

And a rogue is just a warrior with a ranged soul, a support soul, survivability, and stealth.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    If you find warriors scary, im not sure what I can do for you.

Comparing our builds to a rouge who can go ranged or stealth.. or mages who can go pew pew or outheal clerics...

If you say classes are fairly balanced you are fairly delusional.
    :P Well, you're obviously NOT the type of warrior I'm scared of. That's fine man, takes all types to fill out a warfront. The type I am scared of, are the ones who know their class in and out, and top KB charts... and have since the begining of the game. Like say... the rotty dog guy. He seems to have his **** together, and know how to play his class damn well. I also hear 0 complaining from him about his class. Go figure.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    :P Well, you're obviously NOT the type of warrior I'm scared of. That's fine man, takes all types to fill out a warfront. The type I am scared of, are the ones who know their class in and out, and top KB charts... and have since the begining of the game. Like say... the rotty dog guy. He seems to have his **** together, and know how to play his class damn well. I also hear 0 complaining from him about his class. Go figure.
    If you're a r8 rogue and I've got a r4 rogue and you're scared of warriors and I run through warriors with sin spec, nb spec, and mm........there's definitely something wrong with your playstyle. Are you trying to bard them to death?........that's my next video on youtube..... my r4 rogue barding down a higher rank warrior I swear to god lolol

WHATEVER FORSAKEOFDUMB I DESTROYED YOUR DAMAGE: http://i44.tinypic.com/ws787p.jpg
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Falic View Post
    You're absolutely right I'm pissed off. Myself and my guild MayheM do nothing but pvp and occasionally pve but only for pvp items such as lessers and reputation with certain factions. We know exactly what is happening with class balance the moment a new patch comes out. We've got a solid 5-10 R8's of each class trying out new specs to see what will do the absolute most damage/healing every patch day. I'm currently reading through the new patch notes today and downloading at the moment and from what I've seen Trion is actually starting to get balance.

Rogues. MM spam works great. Sin or NB works great. Bard works great.

Mages. Glass cannon spec or harder to kill self healing aoe specs... both pretty good. Awesome healing also.

Clerics. Got hit yesterday in wf from a guy named medic for 3900 in my R8 gear with an all valor sigil on and rune on chest. Today it looks like buffed damage output.... clerics should be pretty pleased with themselves. And if theyre a healer like my friend raephealz theyre almost impossible to kill.

Warriors.............. I can rez farther now................ whatever. The facts(PVP) when i started playing this warrior i ran a champ build and pvp'd my way to 50. The procs and heal from a killing blow(blood thirsty) would keep me going all day... i was doing damage. NERFED.

Then I start my R-8 grind. OH SNAP Paragon AOE and I'm smashing faces with some 1 handers(equivilant to todays MM spam out damage i think).... NERFED. DOUBLE NERFED.

Heal proc from killing blow and consumable(blood thirsty) WHAMMY NERFED.

Grind, grind, grind, OMG R-8 finally. RAGESTORM 2H spec.... good single target dmg, good aoe dmg, got some mana drain if u want. NERFED AGAIN! FML.

Grinding gear blah blah blah... what spec is worth anything at all. AHH finally, a 51Riftblade spec (can use pally for heal, can use paragon for extra dps and maybe a little champ).

Fact. In full R-8 gear valor sigil and best runes in slot im max critting with Earth Burst every 15 seconds for 2000-2400. With storm burst its 1800-2200 every 8 seconds. Now.... these are variable due to peoples rank and armor and such but those numbers are accurate for the most part.

Fact. I can teleport to you every 4 ish seconds.
    Fact. If you are r8 and u play nightblade well im dead every time
    Fact. If you play MM and kite at a long range im dead every time
    Fact. If you are a good r8 cleric im dead every time
    Fact. If you are a mage and I'm not attacking you.... I'm dead every time.

These are all solo examples... In a group scenario it goes a little more like this:
    /s Mark the healer please..... /s Half their team are casters who do I mark?..... /s What are the other half?......../yell ROGUES

A warrior with a good pvp cleric behind him can take most people down... but a warrior matched against another class of the same rank can hardly take anybody down..... you get lucky every once in a while.

Warrior<rogue example : Rogues can ranged well..... warriors no. Rogues can support well.... warriors no. Rogues can POP FROM STEALTH, STUN YOU AND MELEE YOUR FACE OFF.... warriors no.

I can go tank spec and hold a crystal in Library for a long time..... should I do that from now on TRION?
    ENOUGH WITH THE NERFS AND INSULTING PATCH NOTES FOR WARRIORS. WE NEED MORE VARIETY IN OUR CLASS.... 51RB only goes so far. We have all these souls and for the whole time ive played this game one after the other has been nerfed.

I'm not asking to be OP.... just balanced with everybody else. (ENTIRELY PVP ORIENTED POST)

Crit = 27% AP= 970 with mighty powersurge whetstone and my buffs. My R4 rogue has more crit and 70 less AP. QQ

i totaly agree warrior class keeps getting gimped and more gimped each patch and nerfed and nerfed some more until they suck and if you think they dont suck explain why 90% of warriors have rerolled lol.

i wont rerroll im a warrior and ill stay one.

trion need to get there acts together and make STR our crit stat because its getting beyond a joke now. the other 3 clerics are fine now its about time warriors got some love.
    Last edited by RubberDuckie; 12-09-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    WHATEVER FORSAKEOFDUMB I DESTROYED YOUR DAMAGE: http://i44.tinypic.com/ws787p.jpg
    Obviously photoshopped .... Testercules used one of my screenshots and edited my name for his.

It was me that went 500-0
    Last edited by Vaine; 12-09-2011 at 09:25 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

i ment to say the other 3 class's but this crappy forum wont let me edit it to change it

Telaran

Lol testercules.... even if they were real ss they were steamroll teams certainly not pugs

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    there is no way that is legit,

what hacks/exploits are you useing ?

i also notice your fighting alot of what looks like rank 1's lol
    Last edited by RubberDuckie; 12-09-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falic View Post

To the screenshot guy... if you actually used photoshop I lol @ you. Furthermore, why would you not share the rest of the screenshot? A secret spec? LOL. And if you did have a great spec you should share it..... there are a lot of great minds playing warrs that would love to build on your ideahs. Not to mention it might help your credibility here..
    It is not photo-shope, but if you look carefully at the location of the Favor Section.
    You notice that it is not at the extreme right hand side aka taken BEFORE 1.6 .
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast