+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: I play a warrior... am i pissed off?

Lets make all CC abilities 20 yards for every class.

It's upsetting to see Falic not enjoying the game. He is one of the top dps in the WFs I've been in with him there.

Every time a warrior has top dps in a wf, they probably have top heals, too, so it's not really our own abilities that are great. It really doesn't make sense that cloth armor takes so little damage from a 2H weapon. The design of warrior pvp is completely fubar. Granted we can still have fun in WFs, but they're taking their sweet ***** time to address the issues or give any positive feedback at all. I personally am still getting energy starved when trying to do anything to a healer. And I truly love hitting those rogues that stay at 10% forever and a day until they get back in range of their heals again.

You know the game is completely broken for pvp when you need 1 to 2 tanking souls to be competitive.
    Re-work champion for PVP. It works great in pve.
    Do the same with paragon. Why does paragon in pvp do such crap damage now? You know how good it is to have ranged abilities in pvp? You should know, every other class is based on that.

At the most in a wf I will see 3 warriors on the other team. More often than not, there won't be any.

I play on a pve server as a pvp player. I have 4 of 5 roles as pvp ones, because there are no particular specs that are well-rounded enough to run all the time. And I'm re-speccing those on the regular. Much like a lot of warriors. Why do we have to explore every nook and cranny of talents, scan the forums constantly to try and figure out wtf is up with the class, all at R8 when the other classes don't even really need pvp gear or more than 1 spec. To play a warrior you have to have 2 things: Be completely amazing, and be R8.

I'm resilient and will keep trying forever and still have fun, even with the Defiants yelling trash at me. I'm still an Executioner after 4 months of solo queing. But still, learn something from the dumb crap you did to this class.

The tanking discussion had over 30 developer responses. The dps one had 8. Fail.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    And I look back and go "I used to be that guy".
    I hope to god you aren't slaying those big bad dragons with 51 sin mr zaros <3

Plane Walker

There are to builds for warriors, the 2h reaver rift build, and the 1h pala, champ, rift. Both require droping your R8 shield and R8 Bow for the crafted for valor augment, with a full valor sigil to be even competitive in pvp with other class.

mages are OP in regards to unlimited CC, draining attack power and self healing with High damage, and jumping around causing melee hits not landing. I have seen it take 4-5 R8 to kill a good mage.

so yes Mages are OP.

Also there is the fact if you have 100 hit which will completely negate a warriors block ability?? why is this.

unless we have a healer we do get owned by allot of class 1v1

Quote Originally Posted by Falic View Post
    You're absolutely right I'm pissed off. Myself and my guild MayheM do nothing but pvp and occasionally pve but only for pvp items such as lessers and reputation with certain factions. We know exactly what is happening with class balance the moment a new patch comes out. We've got a solid 5-10 R8's of each class trying out new specs to see what will do the absolute most damage/healing every patch day. I'm currently reading through the new patch notes today and downloading at the moment and from what I've seen Trion is actually starting to get balance.

Rogues. MM spam works great. Sin or NB works great. Bard works great.

Mages. Glass cannon spec or harder to kill self healing aoe specs... both pretty good. Awesome healing also.

Clerics. Got hit yesterday in wf from a guy named medic for 3900 in my R8 gear with an all valor sigil on and rune on chest. Today it looks like buffed damage output.... clerics should be pretty pleased with themselves. And if theyre a healer like my friend raephealz theyre almost impossible to kill.

Warriors.............. I can rez farther now................ whatever. The facts(PVP) when i started playing this warrior i ran a champ build and pvp'd my way to 50. The procs and heal from a killing blow(blood thirsty) would keep me going all day... i was doing damage. NERFED.

Then I start my R-8 grind. OH SNAP Paragon AOE and I'm ****** faces with some 1 handers(equivilant to todays MM spam out damage i think).... NERFED. DOUBLE NERFED.

Heal proc from killing blow and consumable(blood thirsty) WHAMMY NERFED.

Grind, grind, grind, OMG R-8 finally. RAGESTORM 2H spec.... good single target dmg, good aoe dmg, got some mana drain if u want. NERFED AGAIN! FML.

Grinding gear blah blah blah... what spec is worth anything at all. AHH finally, a 51Riftblade spec (can use pally for heal, can use paragon for extra dps and maybe a little champ).

Fact. In full R-8 gear valor sigil and best runes in slot im max critting with Earth Burst every 15 seconds for 2000-2400. With storm burst its 1800-2200 every 8 seconds. Now.... these are variable due to peoples rank and armor and such but those numbers are accurate for the most part.

Fact. I can teleport to you every 4 ish seconds.
    Fact. If you are r8 and u play nightblade well im dead every time
    Fact. If you play MM and kite at a long range im dead every time
    Fact. If you are a good r8 cleric im dead every time
    Fact. If you are a mage and I'm not attacking you.... I'm dead every time.

These are all solo examples... In a group scenario it goes a little more like this:
    /s Mark the healer please..... /s Half their team are casters who do I mark?..... /s What are the other half?......../yell ROGUES

A warrior with a good pvp cleric behind him can take most people down... but a warrior matched against another class of the same rank can hardly take anybody down..... you get lucky every once in a while.

Warrior<rogue example : Rogues can ranged well..... warriors no. Rogues can support well.... warriors no. Rogues can POP FROM STEALTH, STUN YOU AND MELEE YOUR FACE OFF.... warriors no.

I can go tank spec and hold a crystal in Library for a long time..... should I do that from now on TRION?
    ENOUGH WITH THE NERFS AND INSULTING PATCH NOTES FOR WARRIORS. WE NEED MORE VARIETY IN OUR CLASS.... 51RB only goes so far. We have all these souls and for the whole time ive played this game one after the other has been nerfed to s**t.

I'm not asking to be OP.... just balanced with everybody else. (ENTIRELY PVP ORIENTED POST)

Crit = 27% AP= 970 with mighty powersurge whetstone and my buffs. My R4 rogue has more crit and 70 less AP. QQ
    Swtor is launching very soon!. There are alot of Rift run aways coming here

Pvp lakes, War zones and an interesting spin on PvP with soft brackets , were everyone is pretty much viable in PvP from level 10 to 50 ( for those of you that want gear to win battles for you don't bother coming)YES! believe it or not skill plays a part here.

This endorsement sponsored by RIFT REFUGEES.. Inc.LLC. Co

See you guys and good luck, if you decide to stay with Trion and it's Wheel O who gets the *** smashing class this month
    Last edited by TerminusEst; 12-08-2011 at 09:41 AM.

I'll put it into perspective for devs:

Warriors are paper.

Mage burns paper.
    Cleric waterjet makes paper mush.
    Rogue slices and puts arrows in the paper.
    Other paper hits paper back and forth for awhile until someone dies and the other one brags while secrectly knowing he's just trolling.

Give the paper a shield:

Mage still burns paper.
    Cleric still waterjets paper.
    Rogue uses sharper weapons (hit) and cuts paper.
    Other paper hits paper and doesn't have a shield, so they get a papercut and die.

Give paper a mage: Paper increases to cement.
    Give paper a cleric: Paper increases to cardboard.
    Give paper a rogue: Paper derps while the rogue does all the damage.
    Give paper a stack of papers: Derp derp derp derp.
    Wqrriqr: 207850 Defiants decapitated

Old Videos: PVP1 & PVP2
    0/11 HK 1/1 GW2

Because not being able to crit 1.5k every attack is clearly a l2p issue.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Testercules View Post
    I'll put it into perspective for devs:

Warriors are paper.

Mage burns paper.
    Cleric waterjet makes paper mush.
    Rogue slices and puts arrows in the paper.
    Other paper hits paper back and forth for awhile until someone dies and the other one brags while secrectly knowing he's just trolling.

Give the paper a shield:

Mage still burns paper.
    Cleric still waterjets paper.
    Rogue uses sharper weapons (hit) and cuts paper.
    Other paper hits paper and doesn't have a shield, so they get a papercut and die.

Give paper a mage: Paper increases to cement.
    Give paper a cleric: Paper increases to cardboard.
    Give paper a rogue: Paper derps while the rogue does all the damage.
    Give paper a stack of papers: Derp derp derp derp.
    voice of our peoples

Telaran

lol Testercules I love it. @ SWTOR can burn in hell. I've played beta and I'm not impressed. However, guild wars 2 looks interesting and I love that fact they haven't set a date...... "it will launch when its done" is their moddo. Rift is still my favorite game at the moment with the exception of COD and I'm going to continue to have fun playing each of my characters.... just not the warrior so much right now.

So on that note DEVS, if you need solid non troll feedback on the warrior class feel free to ask. I can tell you what needs to change and what doesnt. The REZ range wasnt one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kok View Post
    I don't see any problem in that.
    Should I say: Learn to assist?
    That the problem with most warrior, they think they should solo anything anytime , in any situation
    Why not? Rogues and mages can.

Also, in regards to warriors are op with a healer!!! Sub a warrior for an op rogue or mage with a healer = ????

ps: NB/RS is the most op ******** in this game, rivals the pyro's of many months ago.
    R8 Warrior
    Go Riftblade or go Home

Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    Why not? Rogues and mages can.

Also, in regards to warriors are op with a healer!!! Sub a warrior for an op rogue or mage with a healer = ????

ps: NB/RS is the most op ******** in this game, rivals the pyro's of many months ago.
    Well, I agree with the OP from a perspective that I think Warriors have been over nerfed and good examples were provided. Although teamwork is THE key to winning warfronts, it should not be necessary for a Warrior to carry a pocket healer except in dungeons. From a hindsight view, it seems to me that the Warrior dev was responding to valid QQ from other Callings by nerfing Warriors, but the Warrior dev decisions seem to not have been based upon being in the loop for what changes were in the works for other Callings by their own devs which were also addressing the same QQ that led to Warrior nerfs. Shame on Trion management if that's a valid assessment.

On the other hand, good things happen if a Calling stops playing because it unbalances the game even more than unwarranted nerfs do. And on the 3rd hand (if you're a mutant) people really are NOT playing the game if they don't know how to play all 4 Callings (so that they can stop playing an over nerfed one until it gets fixed, which it eventually will be if only out of being forced by a necessity to balance the game).
    Last edited by Taptap; 12-08-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Falic View Post
    You're absolutely right I'm pissed off. Myself and my guild MayheM do nothing but pvp and occasionally pve but only for pvp items such as lessers and reputation with certain factions. We know exactly what is happening with class balance the moment a new patch comes out. We've got a solid 5-10 R8's of each class trying out new specs to see what will do the absolute most damage/healing every patch day. I'm currently reading through the new patch notes today and downloading at the moment and from what I've seen Trion is actually starting to get balance.

Rogues. MM spam works great. Sin or NB works great. Bard works great.

Mages. Glass cannon spec or harder to kill self healing aoe specs... both pretty good. Awesome healing also.

Clerics. Got hit yesterday in wf from a guy named medic for 3900 in my R8 gear with an all valor sigil on and rune on chest. Today it looks like buffed damage output.... clerics should be pretty pleased with themselves. And if theyre a healer like my friend raephealz theyre almost impossible to kill.

Warriors.............. I can rez farther now................ whatever. The facts(PVP) when i started playing this warrior i ran a champ build and pvp'd my way to 50. The procs and heal from a killing blow(blood thirsty) would keep me going all day... i was doing damage. NERFED.

Then I start my R-8 grind. OH SNAP Paragon AOE and I'm ****** faces with some 1 handers(equivilant to todays MM spam out damage i think).... NERFED. DOUBLE NERFED.

Heal proc from killing blow and consumable(blood thirsty) WHAMMY NERFED.

Grind, grind, grind, OMG R-8 finally. RAGESTORM 2H spec.... good single target dmg, good aoe dmg, got some mana drain if u want. NERFED AGAIN! FML.

Grinding gear blah blah blah... what spec is worth anything at all. AHH finally, a 51Riftblade spec (can use pally for heal, can use paragon for extra dps and maybe a little champ).

Fact. In full R-8 gear valor sigil and best runes in slot im max critting with Earth Burst every 15 seconds for 2000-2400. With storm burst its 1800-2200 every 8 seconds. Now.... these are variable due to peoples rank and armor and such but those numbers are accurate for the most part.

Fact. I can teleport to you every 4 ish seconds.
    Fact. If you are r8 and u play nightblade well im dead every time
    Fact. If you play MM and kite at a long range im dead every time
    Fact. If you are a good r8 cleric im dead every time
    Fact. If you are a mage and I'm not attacking you.... I'm dead every time.

These are all solo examples... In a group scenario it goes a little more like this:
    /s Mark the healer please..... /s Half their team are casters who do I mark?..... /s What are the other half?......../yell ROGUES

A warrior with a good pvp cleric behind him can take most people down... but a warrior matched against another class of the same rank can hardly take anybody down..... you get lucky every once in a while.

Warrior<rogue example : Rogues can ranged well..... warriors no. Rogues can support well.... warriors no. Rogues can POP FROM STEALTH, STUN YOU AND MELEE YOUR FACE OFF.... warriors no.

I can go tank spec and hold a crystal in Library for a long time..... should I do that from now on TRION?
    ENOUGH WITH THE NERFS AND INSULTING PATCH NOTES FOR WARRIORS. WE NEED MORE VARIETY IN OUR CLASS.... 51RB only goes so far. We have all these souls and for the whole time ive played this game one after the other has been nerfed to s**t.

I'm not asking to be OP.... just balanced with everybody else. (ENTIRELY PVP ORIENTED POST)

Crit = 27% AP= 970 with mighty powersurge whetstone and my buffs. My R4 rogue has more crit and 70 less AP. QQ

OMG !!!! my EYES !!!!!!

1) Learn to Play
    2) Check First
    3) If u play warrior proper u have 1 of the best classes in the game
    4) Learn the classes u play against ( abilitys-cds-debuffs - bla bla bla)
    5) Yes there are some op classes 1v1 the only class i have problems are good chlordoms
    6) Learn to spec proper that mean use ur brain and dont w8 cause u copy paste a build and macros that gonna make u op -
    7) Use support build or shield spec if u are LOW RANK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U CANT KILL **** WITH 2H
    8) USE 2H WEN U ARE 6+ R well u can go 7+ i see so many r6-8 warrs with shield specs omg

I PVP only i top charts most of the times DMG & KBs never use shield spec i think its RL RL RL RL RL BORING
    Forsakenx
    Rank 8 WARRIOR
    Rank 8 MAGE

I agree with you dude. Warriors need a buff. It's ridiculous. I am a mage and i completely agree there is something wrong with warriors right now. They need a dgm boost or ability to survive longer in pvp. I know everytime i step in pvp as a mage i fear only rogues. Right now a warriors burst is completely laughable. I can leave two of them slapping me around without hardly taking dmg while a rogue hops behind me and i could be dead in a couple seconds =/.... I don't see a point in warriors as a class right now in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    I agree with you dude. Warriors need a buff. It's ridiculous. I am a mage and i completely agree there is something wrong with warriors right now. They need a dgm boost or ability to survive longer in pvp. I know everytime i step in pvp as a mage i fear only rogues. Right now a warriors burst is completely laughable. I can leave two of them slapping me around without hardly taking dmg while a rogue hops behind me and i could be dead in a couple seconds =/.... I don't see a point in warriors as a class right now in pvp.
    Then the warrs u play against are crap or low ranks

Check this pic http://imageshack.us/f/24/20111201165132.jpg/
    this is from a guardian that and showing healing i am defiant check last name and see dmg-kbs and the second on healing was alt from guild playing chlordom spec so check it and then tell me if warrs are good or not and this pic is a week old
    Last edited by forsakendim; 12-08-2011 at 05:03 PM.
    Forsakenx
    Rank 8 WARRIOR
    Rank 8 MAGE

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    I played war to r6 and am done. The PvP is just not viable and I'm tired of playing squishy class with no love from Trion. In fact, I am out... Leaving for SWTOR... Not because I love it's PvP...but because I am hopeful the devs will actually try to balance. Trion couldn't care less... They now spend all their time on offering up "play for free" advertisements on SWTOR sites. Trion... You are a disappointment. Too bad you ignored your player base for so long... You might not have had to go to the "play for free" tactic so quickly.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by forsakendim View Post
    Then the warrs u play against are crap or low ranks

Check this pic http://imageshack.us/f/24/20111201165132.jpg/
    this is from a guardian that and showing healing i am defiant check last name and see dmg-kbs and the second on healing was alt from guild playing chlordom spec so check it and then tell me if warrs are good or not and this pic is a week old
    Not impressed in the slightest. Took almost half a million points of heals and STILL died 20 times? plus your kills in that picture are no where near adding up which leads me to believe you left out many other of the top killers, who I suspect are NOT warriors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast