Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Can Trion please rename Codex

Default Can Trion please rename Codex

To Vault

So that the idiots will put emphasis on Codex..

Ya ya - vault is great ...beautiful scenery and a nice little blue ball, but it doesn't win games.

Love when the game starts with 7 people an 2 or more run to vault. that's basically 30% of your team going for an objective that is the least desireable.

Can't wait for the replies of "hold 3 and win" - that only works when they have 80%+ of their team at Dex. And the only reason to gain 3 is to loosen their hold of Dex so that you can capture it when defense is weak.
    Voilą! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

Vault4life!
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Go to the Codex?...but...but...but....there's mean people over there that want to kill me.
    Just Another Disillusioned and Un-Subbed Ex-Rift PVPer

Telaran

Its not only a start problem, then you atleast can look around and act accordingly, go scope yourself or something, then take codex after together.

I just love thought when you got for example Codex and Scope, and start losing vault, and 3/4 of your team is running to Vault to deal with one rogue, then you stand there perplex while the enemy is taking back scope and rushing codex while almost your whole team went to the furthest position they can get to.

Sword of Telara

Vault actually is a big deal.

1) If left unopposed it will likely be the biggest point earner in the match.
    2) If it is opposed that means the enemy weakened their line somewhere (probably dex) so you can hit them hard while your Sin lets them cap Vault and then just caps it back when they inevitably all run off to stat/scope.

Quote Originally Posted by Healsabub View Post
    To Vault

So that the idiots will put emphasis on Codex..

Ya ya - vault is great ...beautiful scenery and a nice little blue ball, but it doesn't win games.

Love when the game starts with 7 people an 2 or more run to vault. that's basically 30% of your team going for an objective that is the least desireable.

Can't wait for the replies of "hold 3 and win" - that only works when they have 80%+ of their team at Dex. And the only reason to gain 3 is to loosen their hold of Dex so that you can capture it when defense is weak.
    those two that head to vault, often get in a fight at the bridge, if they do it means the other team is equaly disadvantaged at dex.
    only one actualy goes to vault, the other goes to the enemies flag on the other side.
    the one that went to vault then joins the other at the enemies flag, where they both then proceed to defend that flag and delay enemy respawns/reinforcements from reaching dex.

while their absense at dex might initialy hinder your team, in the slightly longer term they can actualy contribute more to the taking of dex than those who went their right at the start.

P.S. given your sig, i thought you would be a big supporter of the vault first strat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    those two that head to vault, often get in a fight at the bridge, if they do it means the other team is equaly disadvantaged at dex.
    only one actualy goes to vault, the other goes to the enemies flag on the other side.
    the one that went to vault then joins the other at the enemies flag, where they both then proceed to defend that flag and delay enemy respawns/reinforcements from reaching dex.

while their absense at dex might initialy hinder your team, in the slightly longer term they can actualy contribute more to the taking of dex than those who went their right at the start.

P.S. given your sig, i thought you would be a big supporter of the vault first strat.
    yeah - no

and yeah -no

grats on not getiing it - and grats on being someone that has mashed enough buttons to become a legend as it pertains to button mashing. (or warrior macros at r8)

Per my sig, I look at this pvp as violating what I value as something ventured and not gained.
    Voilą! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

ITT: People justifying going to vault.

scope and codex, kthxbai.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post

Tactics? Oh you silly.
    Why not ram our faces into one objective? Much easier
    ~Quiescent

Vault changes hands very few times because people like the op would rather leave it and allow the enemy to rack up points.

There are indeed some times where the back and forth is a bit much, but, getting vault early usually involves a fight at bridge, and with that, whomever loses rarely goes back to reclaim. After vault you can bee line all the way to the enemies flag either causing a panic and a clearing of dex for control, or free points from vault + enemy flag.

Having 2 people do that can usually give a big leg up when it comes to winning, especially close matches.

But who needs tactic eh?

Default well i know 1 thing

most times i enter a codex match there is not a full group
    this being said, if we have no healers I say grab scope vault and statue from defiants side; reverse from guardians
    IF we have healers and an almost filled group then yea i let the main team head to dex as I cap scope and statue... then i turn around for vault
    However in almost all my warfronts I am most times the only geared person there : /
    (leveling from 10-50 that is)
    never enter a warfront with out gear that is near or atleast your lvl and have as many serums and runes and potions and other enhancements(IF you love running warfronts)
    9 times out of 10 dex is a healer burn ; If you can have a pug that listens and can cooperate as a team then u are going to win
    In my level 20s i was always geared for dex(riding chaps and insoles for +5% movement-armor plating-poison coating for my ranged weapon-whetstones for my melee weapons-serums-healing pots and tonics-soul slivers-vengeful flames-energy tablets-level appropriate runes and armor and weapons) 30s same thing for whitefalls
    I might be the only one who gears like this for warfronts : /

Now I Know Why Some Animals Eat Their Young

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Vault changes hands very few times because people like the op would rather leave it and allow the enemy to rack up points.

There are indeed some times where the back and forth is a bit much, but, getting vault early usually involves a fight at bridge, and with that, whomever loses rarely goes back to reclaim. After vault you can bee line all the way to the enemies flag either causing a panic and a clearing of dex for control, or free points from vault + enemy flag.

Having 2 people do that can usually give a big leg up when it comes to winning, especially close matches.

But who needs tactic eh?
    Hes one of those bash your head against a heavily defended codex while the enemy racks up points from their home flag and vault in the mean time. Sending 1-2 to vault and then the other sides home flag will DRASTICALLY drop the point gain by the other side.

In addition, you dont need to hold 3 to win, merely hold any 2 and put one other in contention for >40% of the time and you win (less if its dex in contention). This is why gaurdians frequently loose dex on deepstirke cluster, they hold dex and one other letting the defiants get free points at vault, then the defiant just take dex/statue every now and then (or merely put it in contention) stopping our point gain from those sources.

I can't avoid this thread. Just can't help myself.

OK, first somebody mentioned heals in warfronts. You will not get healed, ever, in warfronts. Put the idea completely outta your head and adjust accordingly.

Now, for the Dex. I hate a team player that starts out and continues all match to holler at us. DEX. OMG dex. hurry to the Dex. HELP ME, you vicarious noobs you, or whatever he is hallucinating ATM. HaHa. I hope he dies there along with his imaginary healer. He's worst when the score is we down like 629-100 and he screaming about it all our fault, and etc. You do know, I hope, where you can put the ball.

Dex =5 and each the others =3. Putting V. outta of your mind right out the gate is bad because you will soon be outscored 6-3 each and every tick while you fight over the DEX and that unopposed guy at V. is prolly now capping your stat. And then you are getting outscored 6-nada each and every cause in transition don't pay. When you do finally cap "THE DEX" if things went well in your strat, only down about a 100 now. And at 8-6 now, assuming you still hold stat, well you can do the math.

A good team can roll completely through V. Rogue tags stat on the way. Everyone to the vault, then scope and come up the backside of Dex and slay them all. Can start relaxing then. But all in all, gotta contest V out the gate or get so far down in your hole there is often no digging out.

A couple teams even call to avoid stat in the rush to "THE DEX." That is just too stupid to even bother commenting. Getting 3K a win at the dex so far. Been a good weekend run. Enjoy. Bonus points for the best place to defend "THE DEX?" (scope).
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    I can't avoid this thread. Just can't help myself.

OK, first somebody mentioned heals in warfronts. You will not get healed, ever, in warfronts. Put the idea completely outta your head and adjust accordingly.
    Please. I play against your Josefina toon daily and your side ALWAYS has 3 or 4 R8 clerics and several other chloros. It is extremely rare I see guards without at least 3 or 4 R8 healers in any WF nowadays.

As a defiant, your advice holds true: we should never assume we will get healed because we simply don't have any healers in our faction (at least in the Seastone BG). I can name 2 healers in our whole wargroup that are competent on the defiant side.

But I agree with your Dex strat. It's how I always roll. I am always going to hit vault and then statue then roll up behind Dex. Even if I have to do it solo.

I lol'd at this post

My favorite thing is when the lonely rogue at vault yells "VAULT INC"
    "You lost me at Balance"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast