Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 30 of 30
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Can Trion please rename Codex

  1. #16
    Ascendant Rheven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    You must mean like mittens at Faeblight or miss bubbles of breaking bads. Shameless hussies these guard dps clerics. Totally useless in a fight. Nope. Mostly interested, I think, in padding their stats and filming.

    And what really makes me mad is when two of yous came over through an unchallenged V. and I haveta hurl at them all fight, and at MY statute too. And everybody immediately runs off before the flag even flips and now I'm outnumbered again. That's the new super secret guard strat I'm told. Anyways "hasta to the dex" as we always say on seastone.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

  2. #17
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Healsabub View Post
    To Vault

    So that the idiots will put emphasis on Codex..

    Ya ya - vault is great ...beautiful scenery and a nice little blue ball, but it doesn't win games.

    Love when the game starts with 7 people an 2 or more run to vault. that's basically 30% of your team going for an objective that is the least desireable.

    Can't wait for the replies of "hold 3 and win" - that only works when they have 80%+ of their team at Dex. And the only reason to gain 3 is to loosen their hold of Dex so that you can capture it when defense is weak.
    But... but.. there are all of those rank 8's at the Codex. I don't want to go there! They might kill me!
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

  3. #18
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    vault should be renamed to "ihasrogue" cause there's always a stealthed rogue waiting to incapacitate you there

  4. #19
    Sword of Telara Feid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    881

    Default

    i posted it somewhere this weekend already.. but here goes again

    The codex alone will not win you a match (yes it is the biggest points earner) but if your enemy team is dumping 10/15 into the codex. TAKE EVERYTHING ELSE. then when they split take the codex. its simple. dont feed the codex (because once you secure the codex with 8 people min. any attacking force is going to get decimated.

    reasons that the group is going to get decimated

    they are fighting uphill.
    the team that has the dex has already shown it has supiriority in the initial push-take of the codex.



    honestly. 3 teams of 5 at the scope/vault/stat would rock a team that wants to only hold the dex.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

  5. #20
    Sword of Telara Feid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    vault should be renamed to "ihasrogue" cause there's always a stealthed rogue waiting to incapacitate you there

    and ive got a bag o tools waiting for him.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

  6. #21
    Ascendant Mako482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    What annoys me more is being outmatched and pounded into the dirt at Codex over and over and people continually charging there after every respawn expecting different results.

    Sometimes you cannot get Codex, forget defending it if you do happen to get it when lightly defended. You have to remain flexible and rotate so you have 3 at every given moment, taking Codex only when it becomes lightly defended from people leaving it to go get back other flags.....even then as I said don't expect to be able to defend it.

    Flexibility is key, "Codex and Statue" doesn't work against good teams all the time, esp if you are out-gunned.
    Last edited by Mako482; 12-04-2011 at 08:34 AM.

  7. #22
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    You must mean like mittens at Faeblight or miss bubbles of breaking bads. Shameless hussies these guard dps clerics. Totally useless in a fight. Nope. Mostly interested, I think, in padding their stats and filming.

    And what really makes me mad is when two of yous came over through an unchallenged V. and I haveta hurl at them all fight, and at MY statute too. And everybody immediately runs off before the flag even flips and now I'm outnumbered again. That's the new super secret guard strat I'm told. Anyways "hasta to the dex" as we always say on seastone.
    Got to love when 90% of the defiant teams at statue and you cant get a single soul to come off dex to help you hold statue. Cause we all know we only need dex to win right?

  8. #23
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jerwel View Post
    Got to love when 90% of the defiant teams at statue and you cant get a single soul to come off dex to help you hold statue. Cause we all know we only need dex to win right?
    Less known ******* move, but when my team was just bad, I would go up onto the guardian bridge and sit there until someone would try to take a short cut to Dex =P
    "You lost me at Balance"

  9. #24
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Healsabub View Post
    To Vault
    Ya ya - vault is great ...beautiful scenery and a nice little blue ball, but it doesn't win games.
    Lol. I feel like camping vault when I que for codex today and telling people that vault is better cause it's the only spot with the nice blue ball and trees to hide in.

    Tbh as an r8 rogue sometimes I enjoy camping vault because I get a lot of 1 on 1's and sometimes 1 v 2's that I can pull off with assassin. Then I'll get them both pissed and they come with more guys.

    /wf rofl they got like 4 guys coming for me at vault guys, take the map.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-04-2011 at 11:46 AM.

  10. #25
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    If you can't hold dex and scope (or statue, depending on side), you're not going to win anyway. Vault is a waste of time. What gets me about Guardians on Seastone is that they will fight tooth and nail to hold Vault, but will bail from Dex at the first sign of competition.
    Last edited by Vember; 12-04-2011 at 11:47 AM.

  11. #26
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    I need to find and repost my picture of the game that was like 1000 v 999 and defiants won it with Scope captured and the other 3 were guardian. Holding the Scope clutches games, indisputable.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-04-2011 at 11:50 AM.

  12. #27
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I need to find and repost my picture of the game that was like 1000 v 999 and defiants won it with Scope captured and the other 3 were guardian. Holding the Scope clutches games, indisputable.
    I have won games 999 to 1000 while only having Codex held

    Codex clutches game

    It doesn't matter how it ends, its the entire game. Everything can be important dependant on how the other team is playing.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  13. #28
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,271

    Default

    if we're gonna rename the entire wf as the OP suggested, can we also rename statue to "Kronos and Tinkerhell live here" pls

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  14. #29
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    I have won games 999 to 1000 while only having Codex held

    Codex clutches game

    It doesn't matter how it ends, its the entire game. Everything can be important dependant on how the other team is playing.
    Shouldn't take me serious for the most part. I realize 1 gives 6 and the other gives 3 and the entire mathematical equation of ways to win clicks. There is no definite way, point is codex pulls most weight, any extra cap point can help. Even taking another cap point while trying to get codex helps because you slow down their point progress making a come back easier. Codex: capping flags helps.

  15. #30
    Rift Team Alyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,722

    Default

    Hi everyone,

    We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

    If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

    Thank you!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts