+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Why is Codex so difficult (for Guardians)?

Default Why is Codex so difficult (for Guardians)?

Played codex for about 4 hours today and won 3 times (Dalyblind/Deepstrike/Keenblade..). About 70% of the time 1/2 the team was getting camped at spawn. Just wondering what people's thoughts are?

As long as there is more than one player, PvP will be imbalanced.

MY problem in dex as a guardian is the fact that people just Give up if they cant outmuscle dex., instead of splitting into smaller teams and going to the other 3 points. they sit at the gy.

Or bash their heads at dex and wonder why they are losing when they dont have any ground there and the other team has 15/15 people there /loling at them
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

There's a way to beat the Defiant on the Dayblind Cluster in Codex.

I just cbf to lead the pugs.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    There's a way to beat the Defiant on the Dayblind Cluster in Codex.

I just cbf to lead the pugs.
    Make a leader macro, like that one dude in your guild. Ever since I got those, PUGs have ran so much more smoothly.

Except the "Ram-my-face-into-codex-over-and-over" people.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Im not gonna lie, we do win alot of those games. It always seem like the guardians are obsessed with codex and it is easier for us to go around and get other points. At least you guys are good at Whitefall.

King of RIFT

Depends on the time of day you play in this battlegroup tbh.

A lot of people only play on the weekends and in the bonus warfront, it makes for some really putrid matches.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

The Defiant on the cluster zergball and roam/cap in a circle.

What Guardians need to do is backcap a 3-1 scenario and force them to break up their zergball. Especially their hold on Codex.

But good luck telling the Guardian pugs to do that.
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Make a leader macro, like that one dude in your guild. Ever since I got those, PUGs have ran so much more smoothly.

Except the "Ram-my-face-into-codex-over-and-over" people.
    I gave him that leader macro. I just don't mark on my mage since it's incredibly annoying.
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

Defiants win Codex because its the one map where the Guardian ZERGBALL that you usually see in single objective maps doesn't work. Solo heroes (like me, mainly due to ****ty laptop FPS) can actually do okay.

Its why Defiants also win Whitefall-esc.

And no event zerging isn't the same thing, mainly that's just a clusterfuzz of PvEers.

What exactly is the best strat for Codex?
    I always let the Defiants have Dex at the start, then go to vault, and while people are yelling at me going "OMFG DON'T U GUYS NO Y DIS IS CALLED CODEX?!", I cap the Defiant primary point, then I come from the back and knock the MM's off of Dex, then kill any melee at the bottom, cap dex, and by then we've got a pretty far lead so I + two others just run around keeping the map clean.

But if you guys have any other strats, I'd love to hear

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Feid View Post
    MY problem in dex as a guardian is the fact that people just Give up if they cant outmuscle dex., instead of splitting into smaller teams and going to the other 3 points. they sit at the gy.

Or bash their heads at dex and wonder why they are losing when they dont have any ground there and the other team has 15/15 people there /loling at them
    I love the keep trying for dex, its the only thing that matters people. All the while the defiant are needlessly racking up points from vault and translation with minimal gaurds.....

Also love it when the team sits at dex while the whole defiant team goes around and takes statue. They then proceed to wait till the defiant have statue and are headed to dex before about half of them jump down to get statue back..... LOL.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Parfaite View Post
    What exactly is the best strat for Codex?
    I always let the Defiants have Dex at the start, then go to vault, and while people are yelling at me going "OMFG DON'T U GUYS NO Y DIS IS CALLED CODEX?!", I cap the Defiant primary point, then I come from the back and knock the MM's off of Dex, then kill any melee at the bottom, cap dex, and by then we've got a pretty far lead so I + two others just run around keeping the map clean.

But if you guys have any other strats, I'd love to hear
    I cannot give my strategies away to the enemy. The Faceless Man would condemn me for treason

King of RIFT

Quote Originally Posted by Juddo View Post
    About 70% of the time 1/2 the team was getting camped at spawn. Just wondering what people's thoughts are?
    People need to look at their map. If more than a third of the Guardian team is fiddling around at Statue of Thontic for more than 15 seconds, they are going to end up getting camped. This is how the Defiants cut your team off from Codex, allowing them to slowly cap all the nodes. Then when they've done that, they rejoin the rest of the team fighting at Statue of Thontic, ready to farm.

This is the biggest failing of my war group. That, and the inability to find enemy healers and hit them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juddo View Post
    Played codex for about 4 hours today and won 3 times (Dalyblind/Deepstrike/Keenblade..). About 70% of the time 1/2 the team was getting camped at spawn. Just wondering what people's thoughts are?
    Dunno, I was winning more than losing on both my PVP toons I played this weekend. Though I lost more on my mage (r4) than cleric (r8).

What I did notice in this battle shard group, is that there are still a lot of really crappy rogues. Was in quite a few Codex's where there were 10+ rogues with a combined kill total of 5 or less, generally lost those matches. Was also in a lot of mage heavy groups as well, though the outcome of those were more evenly split with a slight lean to winning.

And yes the matches were we lost, people just stayed in the gy. I see a lot of that in the WFs now. It's much more pervasive than it used to be.

Guardian
    Last edited by zoobaby; 12-05-2011 at 03:33 PM.
    Proud slacker of Einherjar
    Nasana - R40 Cleric
    Kee - R24 Fail Mage
    "We Threw Gasoline On The Fire And Now We Have Stumps For Arms And No Eyebrows"

Ascendant

my strategy is to forget the stupid objectives, except as a means to verify targets are present at them. I really could care less if we lose on points so long as we win on kills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast