Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: It's a low blow, but somebody has to wake up the Devs

Default It's a low blow, but somebody has to wake up the Devs

Dear Trion... How do you feel about RIFT's pvp being so lackluster, you've forced a 2,600 person guild to go back to Dark Age of Camelot for PvP?

In November we spent our Saturdays venturing into Dark Age of Camelot, returning to where we began 10 years ago. What did not expect was that since we departed from Dark Age of Camelot in 2004 the game was essentially rebuilt to ease the major hangups for many of the players of the old Camelot. Trials of Atlantis historically was the silver bullet that killed the population of Camelot. Spending hours waiting for an encounter to spawn for a chance of getting an artifact which you would then have to find a type of creature and grind it's level up for days on end. Since then they have made all artifacts obtainable using bounty points. They have changed the game so that if you do not enjoy PvE you can experience all the game has to offer by PvPing your way through the game. You can effectively level up, gear up, and experience the wonders of siege warfa re without ever stepping foot in a PvE zone. The speed at which you can level up has greatly been improved and you can now buy a mount and then decorate your mount with gear you can craft or buy.

Our ventures in Dark Age of Camelot have caused many of the participants to get a taste of True RvR and many want to continue our Saturday events. The players that have given up on Rift's PvP have found a home with us in Camelot and have asked that we continue to keep the one night of RvR open. From the feedback I've gotten from various raid leaders in Rift it seems that they would rather have an open Saturday then have a family event during one of the only times that most people are available. So we've decided to keep our RvR Night going in Camelot and every Saturday we'll be progressing through the Battlegrounds until we reach level 49. At level 49 we will /xp off and start taking the fight to the battlefield.

If your looking for a taste of RvR feel free to Download the Trial to Dark Age of Camelot and join us in Hibernia on Ywain 1. The game play is a bit slower and takes a bit to learn but if you give it 2 weeks you'll figure it out and begin seeing the appeal of this classic title and birthplace of the Gaiscioch Family.
    I'm not speaking for or on behalf of the Gaiscioch Family, just using them as a sterling example of which direction this game is going. These are the kind of guilds you need to support YOUR game Trion, not some decade old relic with a fraction of the features or graphics.

This is an example of how off the mark Trion is when it comes to your PvP focus, balance, and scope for the future. They may just be 1 guild among thousands, but they are a guild I trust and follow regardless, because they are good people. If they would rather PvP in DAoC than Rift, then Rift is not a game worth PvPing in currently.

I hope this is a wake up call to all Trion devs.

Gaiscioch always seemed more RP and PvE focused than a pvp guild to me. very casual player friendly

they are also much more of a zerg guild than hardcore pvpers. huge numbers and good generals making up for what they lacked in both gear and skill.

for all their numbers, i know a few small guilds that cant even fill 2 parties with more skilled players.

having said all that....

they do promote both a strong community and host community generated events.
    any loss of Gaiscioch leadership is a loss to rift.

given the sheer size and open door policy of the guild, though, i'm sure there will be more than a few members still hanging out in rift for a while.

P.S. pls say hi to the ex-warhammer contingent of gaiscioch for me, they'll have known me as Anomandar the BlackGuard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    Gaiscioch always seemed more RP and PvE focused than a pvp guild to me. very casual player friendly

they are also much more of a zerg guild than hardcore pvpers. huge numbers and good generals making up for what they lacked in both gear and skill.

for all their numbers, i know a few small guilds that cant even fill 2 parties with more skilled players.

having said all that....

they do promote both a strong community and host community generated events.
    any loss of Gaiscioch leadership is a loss to rift.

given the sheer size and open door policy of the guild, though, i'm sure there will be more than a few members still hanging out in rift for a while.

P.S. pls say hi to the ex-warhammer contingent of gaiscioch for me, they'll have known me as Anomandar the BlackGuard.
    Now if ururu replies this thread will be complete. I've seen him lurking around as well.
    Last edited by Trisian; 11-29-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    ..a 2,600 person guild to go back to Dark Age of Camelot...
    So if Wikipedia estimates (no source since 2008) are blindly assumed to be correct, you just swelled DAoC's subscriber numbers by over 50%?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Ag...ubscriber_base

Even going with the 2008 number, 5% would still be significant.
    Last edited by Ksielvin; 11-29-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Ascendant

Now if ururu replies this thread will be complete. I've seen him lurking around as well.
    rabble rabble rabble?

95% of the memebrs of the guild have no idea what DaoC is...they take anyone into that guild.
    Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss616 View Post
    95% of the memebrs of the guild have no idea what DaoC is...they take anyone into that guild.
    I know they take anyone!! That's why I left... but I still luv them >.>

Seriously. If you've been in the guild you know that Ben and his gang are the nicest bunch around.

They are the dead canary in the coal mine when it comes to pvp. If the most casual, fun-loving guild propping up Rift is fed up with Rift's PvP.... well.... then you understand what this thread is about.

If you still don't get it... go back to whatever you were doing. It's unlikely you ever will.

I know they take anyone!! That's why I left... but I still luv them >.>

Seriously. If you've been in the guild you know that Ben and his gang are the nicest bunch around.

They are the dead canary in the coal mine when it comes to pvp. If the most casual, fun-loving guild propping up Rift is fed up with Rift's PvP.... well.... then you understand what this thread is about.

If you still don't get it... go back to whatever you were doing. It's unlikely you ever will.

bleh...Just a few old timers who miss their first MMO.
    Last edited by Hoss616; 11-29-2011 at 07:52 PM.
    Hoss

Because their first mmo has been the second, and the third, and the eighth..... ect... They've been there and done that to death.

I won't defend their personal tastes... but they've had a taste of how pvp should properly be done and it's quite sad they are willing to go back to a decade old game in order to find the enjoyment they were missing. That's what I meant about "getting" this thread. You still obviously do not.
    Last edited by Trisian; 11-29-2011 at 08:01 PM.

So they're "going back" to a game with even more broken PvP? Rift PVP needs some work but you'd be hard pressed to find someone willing to defend the current state of a game with less than 5000 subscribers. I enjoyed ToA and the New Frontiers, and I wouldn't even consider going back now.

You're also talking about the epitome of a "pubby" guild - they take anyone and everyone. What's more likely - 2600 (lol) people leaving a game en masse, or a large portion of the virtually anonymous members of a pubby guild deciding to leave said guild?

I'm sorry you don't get it. It's ok... not many gamers do. It's why consoles are so popular.

Because their first mmo has been the second, and the third, and the eighth..... ect... They've been there and done that to death.

I won't defend their personal tastes... but they've had a taste of how pvp should properly be done and it's quite sad they are willing to go back to a decade old game in order to find the enjoyment they were missing. That's what I meant about "getting" this thread. You still obviously do not.
    i mean, people still play uo free shard, and going there would reveal huge game-changing to make it new player friendly changes there from where I left, and I would very very very much enjoy doing the champ spawns and the pvp, but in the end I would realize that was UO, and no amount of players enjoying uo is going to make rift incorporate power scrolls etc. which is what really drove the fun pvp in that game.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 12-01-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

^^^^Misses the point.

Bingo.

I loved Daoc, played for 3 years in its prime. If I could recover my original account I would go back and check it out, they have a terrible recovery policy and customer service is managed from EA India. Why no one has made a Daoc 2 is beyond me, GW2 is looking like they are taking a page out of Daoc's rvr though with the 3 sided battlegrounds.

Ascendant

Well funny you all are painting them as a take anyone 'dead canary in pvp' type guild lol

Since I do play with them on Faeblight I can say 1) Their members are some of the best pvp'ers in the warfront group and that includes the likes of Seastone 2) Their members are some of the nicest and most helpful people around

No wonder Faeblight has seemed so dead. They were the 'social' folks too.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast