+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ururu
  • 2 Post By ShalarLight

Thread: pvp now more fun - but time to reduce queue times. here's how.

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default pvp now more fun - but time to reduce queue times. here's how.

    I'd like to thank Trion for the change. Premade vs premade is happening more regularly. No longer can I say "damn we haven't lost all night.. with alts.. while drunk.. and listening to enya". Now ventrillo is required, and fun peeps to fight are regular.

    Almost worth instituting an "R4+" rule, really sucks getting stuck 4 man premade vs a double 5 while on alts, lol :P.

    Trion, please make the queues across all servers so nobody has to wait and we can fight a wide variety of opponents! Or halve the server pairings so 2x the server are in each group. There's not really server crashes anymore so I think the risk is worth it.

  2. #2
    Ascendant ShalarLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    I'd like to thank Trion for the change. Premade vs premade is happening more regularly. No longer can I say "damn we haven't lost all night.. with alts.. while drunk.. and listening to enya". Now ventrillo is required, and fun peeps to fight are regular.

    Almost worth instituting an "R4+" rule, really sucks getting stuck 4 man premade vs a double 5 while on alts, lol :P.

    Trion, please make the queues across all servers so nobody has to wait and we can fight a wide variety of opponents! Or halve the server pairings so 2x the server are in each group. There's not really server crashes anymore so I think the risk is worth it.
    now it can be "we havnt lost but like twice...with alts...while drunk...but we had to listen to dubstep or some metal instead"

    it really is a good change... enya has always needed to come down a notch.

    +1 trion


    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    PvP sucks worse now than ever. The lower ranks are having more fun now.

    But at rank 6+, you are seeing one faction dominate PvP all day everyday, because the "premades" are usually only being run on one side.

    So what in reality happened with the splittage of the queues, is besides making the lower ranks suffer, they took away their suffering and gave it to the higher ranks.

    So the lower ranks are having fun, now all I see is the same r8s everyday at different times, vastly outgearing us, on the opposing faction running premades, making the r8 pugs life miserable and not fun.

    IMHO what is going to happen is going to make rift die even faster, because people gear up and rank up to have fun, now they will be ranking up to be put in an unbalanced R6-R8 bracket and lose over and over.

    In the past you had to deal with r8s in the lower bracket and have instant queue times, so the losses werent so bad considering you got a decent amount of favor still due to fast losses.

    Now you hit R6, and average at least on my cluster, 8 minute queue times only to lose horribly, then have to wait another 8 minutes to do it all over again, because you're getting matched against the same few higher ranks about every match.

    I queued about 15 or so WFs so far today, and 100% of those WFs were against a majority of the same players, and equal losses.

    0-15 this morning, I love this game, I took a 1 month break come back and it's even worse.

    I took a month break back in 1.3 and it got worse then.

    I don't see anything getting better. The only excuses I ever hear from us losing are "They outgear us".

    I'd love to know how it seems our side cannot get gear after me taking so many month long breaks and still hearing the same story "They outgear us".

    What is the deal?
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 11-28-2011 at 10:15 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant ShalarLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    PvP sucks worse now than ever. The lower ranks are having more fun now.

    But at rank 6+, you are seeing one faction dominate PvP all day everyday, because the "premades" are usually only being run on one side.

    So what in reality happened with the splittage of the queues, is besides making the lower ranks suffer, they took away their suffering and gave it to the higher ranks.

    So the lower ranks are having fun, now all I see is the same r8s everyday at different times, vastly outgearing us, on the opposing faction running premades, making the r8 pugs life miserable and not fun.

    IMHO what is going to happen is going to make rift die even faster, because people gear up and rank up to have fun, now they will be ranking up to be put in an unbalanced R6-R8 bracket and lose over and over.

    In the past you had to deal with r8s in the lower bracket and have instant queue times, so the losses werent so bad considering you got a decent amount of favor still due to fast losses.

    Now you hit R6, and average at least on my cluster, 8 minute queue times only to lose horribly, then have to wait another 8 minutes to do it all over again, because you're getting matched against the same few higher ranks about every match.

    I queued about 15 or so WFs so far today, and 100% of those WFs were against a majority of the same players, and equal losses.

    0-15 this morning, I love this game, I took a 1 month break come back and it's even worse.

    I took a month break back in 1.3 and it got worse then.

    I don't see anything getting better. The only excuses I ever hear from us losing are "They outgear us".

    I'd love to know how it seems our side cannot get gear after me taking so many month long breaks and still hearing the same story "They outgear us".

    What is the deal?
    you were not the only one that got tired of getting rolled by people much better geared than you, you were not the only one that took a break from the game.

    I believe the r8 crowd has effectively culled the herd of any potential, you either started with headstart and are in the overpowered cohort, have a real life buddy that was and carried you up there after game started, or you got farmed by those people.

    And what is worse is how that population Demanded stronger gear, Demanded they have pvp weapons that are stronger than anything you can get before hammerknell. Threatened to leave the game, so Trion concedes, hands out stupidly powerful weapons, breaks the game, and all those people quit anyways.

    In the end, they have to allow fresh blood in the door, and if the ego-maniacs that pushed us towards the state of overpowered pvp now have to suffer awhile while new people are allowed to experience the game, that is what needs to happen, those jerks have been breaking the game with complaining since release.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 11-28-2011 at 10:30 AM.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    It just gets old, it will be the death of rift.

    When our faction wins, we barely win, maybe 500-460ish, and we win at about a 15% rate, all day everyday, and lose at about 85% rate. That 15% win rate is the small amount of time the good players logon. So technically a 15% win rate, would be 1 win out of 6 or so. But it doesn't play out like that.

    It is more like, losing 25 matches in a row, then we win 3. Lose 25 matches in a row, then we win 3 more.

    When we lose, we get stomped, in the average about 500-60 about 85% of the time.

    99% of the time, we will not have a close loss, if we lose, we are getting stomped, sitting up at the GY spawn whacking off waiting for the suffering to be over.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    you were not the only one that got tired of getting rolled by people much better geared than you, you were not the only one that took a break from the game.

    I believe the r8 crowd has effectively culled the herd of any potential, you either started with headstart and are in the overpowered cohort, have a real life buddy that was and carried you up there after game started, or you got farmed by those people.

    And what is worse is how that population Demanded stronger gear, Demanded they have pvp weapons that are stronger than anything you can get before hammerknell. Threatened to leave the game, so Trion concedes, hands out stupidly powerful weapons, breaks the game, and all those people quit anyways.

    In the end, they have to allow fresh blood in the door, and if the ego-maniacs that pushed us towards the state of overpowered pvp now have to suffer awhile while new people are allowed to experience the game, that is what needs to happen, those jerks have been breaking the game with complaining since release.
    The ego maniacs aren't experiencing anything different. They are still wiping the floor with the high ranks like myself in an unbalanced bracket with premades still. Now, with long queue times, it takes even longer for high ranks (rank 6-7) that are part of the imbalanced faction that are losing horribly, takes them 10x longer to rank up.

    Nothing has changed. It has just been moved, besides experiencing slow ranking in the lower bracket, once you hit rank 6 or so, you experience rank gain and favor rewards at a tremendously slower rate.

    It's going to make the game worse, who cares if you are temporarily having fun while a low rank, when you get to the higher ranks and have to deal with this garbage imbalance in faction?
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 11-28-2011 at 10:47 AM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    I'd like to thank Trion for the change. Premade vs premade is happening more regularly. No longer can I say "damn we haven't lost all night.. with alts.. while drunk.. and listening to enya". Now ventrillo is required, and fun peeps to fight are regular.

    Almost worth instituting an "R4+" rule, really sucks getting stuck 4 man premade vs a double 5 while on alts, lol :P.

    Trion, please make the queues across all servers so nobody has to wait and we can fight a wide variety of opponents! Or halve the server pairings so 2x the server are in each group. There's not really server crashes anymore so I think the risk is worth it.
    Are you defiant?

  8. #8
    Ascendant Taptap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    2,472

    Default

    8 minute queue times. I think if queues were 30 seconds some people would still complain.

    There are 2 problems. The first is that the majority of people playing warfronts simply don't want to go up against much higher ranked players; it's no fun at all for them and conceivably vice versa (ganker mentalities not being considered). From what I've been reading this particular issues is for the most part fixed, at least for those below R6.

    The R6+ players seem to be sharing a queue time issue with those who want to play in a premade. Not enough relevant population to make the queues pop faster. At this point it doesn't matter why this has happened, what matters is that there is insufficient population for the queue machine to find. If they're not playing then that's that.

    For the R7/R8 players who are not playing (I am one of those), and thus increasing the queue times for R6+ players, the reason is probably because of lack of endgame warfront related content. The problem will remain until something happens to give R8's a way to progress.

    For the premades, there is no system in place for them to pre-organize before they get put into the queue. To make things a bit worse, most players simply do not want to go in solo against a premade. And if there were such a system in place to pre-organize a premade then the attempt to do so would somehow need to be advertised across the battlegroup and within the game so that interested people on both factions (not just one!) would know that now is the time to join a forming faction group that would queue as a premade. And the premade groups could accept willing pugs but the group would have to number enough to make a viable faction in a warfront. So getting queue times reduced for premades is a multi part problem that could be solved, but the system is not yet in place.
    Last edited by Taptap; 11-28-2011 at 11:00 AM.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

  9. #9
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    8 minute queue times. I think if queues were 30 seconds some people would still complain.

    There are 2 problems. The first is that the majority of people playing warfronts simply don't want to go up against much higher ranked players; it's no fun at all for them and conceivably vice versa (ganker mentalities not being considered). From what I've been reading this particular issues is for the most part fixed, at least for those below R6.

    The R6+ players seem to be sharing a queue time issue with those who want to play in a premade. Not enough relevant population to make the queues pop faster. At this point it doesn't matter why this has happened, what matters is that there is insufficient population for the queue machine to find. If they're not playing then that's that.

    For the R7/R8 players who are not playing (I am one of those), and thus increasing the queue times for R6+ players, the reason is probably because of lack of endgame warfront related content. The problem will remain until something happens to give R8's a way to progress.

    For the premades, there is no system in place for them to pre-organize before they get put into the queue. To make things a bit worse, most players simply do not want to go in solo against a premade. And if there were such a system in place to pre-organize a premade then the attempt to do so would somehow need to be advertised across the battlegroup and within the game so that interested people on both factions (not just one!) would know that now is the time to join a forming faction group that would queue as a premade. And the premade groups could accept willing pugs but the group would have to number enough to make a viable faction in a warfront. So getting queue times reduced for premades is a multi part problem that could be solved, but the system is not yet in place.
    Wrong.

    2 people in a party queue together = PuG

    3 people in a party queue together = premade

    So premades work around the system, and besides queueing in big groups of 4-8, they queue in smaller groups of 2 at the exact same time.

    And it works.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    Are you defiant?
    No, guardian.

    Why should being defiant or guardian mean anything? The only notable difference is guardians have faster pops. And dwarf falling height. Aww yeah.

    Edit : fighting strong opposition that forces you to get better is the reason to PVP. PVPers want exciting matches that make you play your best to win. If you are challenged that's a good thing. If it's not a good thing from your view then why pvp?

    Edit2: raging at losing is also part of the game... fffffuuu voidknight champs :P
    Last edited by ururu; 11-28-2011 at 11:19 AM.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Also,

    Trion please how about some warfronts that don't have a PVE objective. A kill should be at least as valuable as holding fang-that-I-dont-care-about.

    IMO the fang should be a damage boost that snares/damages/kills the holder unless that person gets a kill.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts