+ Reply to Thread

Thread: for those of you who want to fix pvp

Default for those of you who want to fix pvp

i see a lot of complaining about pvp in this game and quite a few posts that are about 2 sentences long which either just complain about broken pvp, or how lame it is, or a very short sited solution of how to fix it.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-your-pvp.html

feel free to actually read the entire post and then comment. im pretty sure if you had an idea of how to fix pvp or how those fixes would break pvp, ive covered it. id appreciate not letting that post go to waste.
    Last edited by TheDrizzle404; 11-23-2011 at 08:46 PM.

Ascendant

Funny thing about suggesting things and then linking to a post of yours that's a week old...especially when two of the things you listed in your 3 item list have already been at least partially addressed.

The patch introduced a more selective queuing system in an attempt to keep rank distribution a little tighter. Separating ranks WILL increase queue times...just look at what's already happening with a system that is trying to keep higher ranks away from lower ones without actually forcing it.

And ever since the pyro nerf with patch what...1.2?...the devs have been tuning abilities to function separately in PvE vs. PvP as the need has arisen. How could you not know that? Damage modifiers from select abilities in certain souls and most (if not all) instant cast heals scale differently in PvP compared to PvE. There's no point adding an explicit flag...the game already determines whether your target is a player or mob and scales those specified abilities accordingly.

Red vs. blue in warfronts could go either way. I could care less. At the end of the day, I'm not sure how people would feel about Defiants playing with Guardians and helping Guardians on their PvP shard gear up faster and vice versa.

If your opinion is that Trion could "higher" (I assume you meant 'hire') anyone to do a better job with PvP, maybe it's time that you just accept that you don't enjoy this style of PvP and find something else to do with your time, and I say this mostly because you've got a malformed opinion and are oblivious to at least some extent with regards to how things actually worked.

In order to have a valid opinion, you need to start with the facts. Your post is missing a lot of those facts, so why don't you start there...figure out how to stay on top of what is actually happening in PvP and then base your feedback on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Funny thing about suggesting things and then linking to a post of yours that's a week old...especially when two of the things you listed in your 3 item list have already been at least partially addressed.
    first off, thanks for actually reading it.

yes, about that. id have addressed it sooner, but im usually on a vacation from these forums lately. usually i get to post for a day before my avatar disappears for another week. and if it sees its shadow, another 4 weeks of winter.

The patch introduced a more selective queuing system in an attempt to keep rank distribution a little tighter. Separating ranks WILL increase queue times...just look at what's already happening with a system that is trying to keep higher ranks away from lower ones without actually forcing it.
    as with most "intelligent selective queueing," im sure it doesnt work. it never works. ive yet to see a separation program that isnt bound by hard lines being successful. for a while, WoW tried using a system that was supposed to improve pvp by separating players by their gearscore. doesnt work. fps games always try to separate by "true skill" which is fancy speak for k/d ratio. doesnt work.

they need solid brackets.

And ever since the pyro nerf with patch what...1.2?...the devs have been tuning abilities to function separately in PvE vs. PvP as the need has arisen. How could you not know that? Damage modifiers from select abilities in certain souls and most (if not all) instant cast heals scale differently in PvP compared to PvE. There's no point adding an explicit flag...the game already determines whether your target is a player or mob and scales those specified abilities accordingly.
    ive seen a few steps, but progress has been slow.

Red vs. blue in warfronts could go either way. I could care less. At the end of the day, I'm not sure how people would feel about Defiants playing with Guardians and helping Guardians on their PvP shard gear up faster and vice versa.
    im pretty sure it would be overall beneficial to everyone's enjoyment, especially when you consider the new types of battles you could have.

If your opinion is that Trion could "higher" (I assume you meant 'hire') anyone to do a better job with PvP, maybe it's time that you just accept that you don't enjoy this style of PvP and find something else to do with your time, and I say this mostly because you've got a malformed opinion and are oblivious to at least some extent with regards to how things actually worked.
    yes, i did mean hire. i type rather quickly so sometimes i misspell some things. i dont enjoy their pvp, thats what this whole thing was about. other people dont either, which is why they post these topics as well. instead of shrugging and moving on, i think itd be better to help them fix it.

In order to have a valid opinion, you need to start with the facts. Your post is missing a lot of those facts, so why don't you start there...figure out how to stay on top of what is actually happening in PvP and then base your feedback on that.
    whats happening is the pvp community is dwindling rapidly. what "facts" did i leave out?

I read your post too
    Just Another Disillusioned and Un-Subbed Ex-Rift PVPer

nice

+ Reply to Thread