+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Experiment 10-49

  1. #16
    Rift Chaser Osmosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tuluka View Post
    1 dps can take a healer down if they know how.
    I can take a healer solo in my Chloro/Dom or Pyro/Dom spec, but it's not easy!! Timing of mana drains/silence/split personality is required.
    Sidestep - Mage - Riptalon

  2. #17
    Ascendant Vaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    Healing, especially AOE healing is ridiculous OP in this game. Why do you think the 50% heal debuffs exist in the first place. It's a band aid to the problem.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

  3. #18
    Banned Bunzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    I can take a healer solo in my Chloro/Dom or Pyro/Dom spec, but it's not easy!! Timing of mana drains/silence/split personality is required.
    Dom is a healer killer.
    and even then it takes about 3+ minutes to beat them.
    take away dom and good luck to you.

  4. #19
    Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Since you did such a long experiment, you must have mountains of data with facts and figures you can post to provide some support to your argument, right? Can you post some of that?

    As an R8 I have a load of hitpoints, a load of armor, and a load of experience with the best spec for survivability. Anything short of another strong R8 dps with the best dps spec shouldn't even push me. It's called balance. If a fresh 50 with a weapon so bad they could get an upgrade from Realm of the Fae in some goofy leveling spec can kill me, that would be unbalanced.
    Last edited by The Real Viz Shady; 11-24-2011 at 09:17 AM.

  5. #20
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    85

    Default

    I agree with OP on one point: Warfronts before level 50 are fun.

    For the rest , if you want to speak of "experiment" , "research" you need to provide some data and an analysis to support your claim.

    Here i jsut see someone claiming that class x is OP, bla bla bla.

  6. #21
    Ascendant TheDrizzle404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    Healing, especially AOE healing is ridiculous OP in this game. Why do you think the 50% heal debuffs exist in the first place. It's a band aid to the problem.
    i can cast an overpowered aoe heal every 2 minutes. is that deciding our victory? i doubt it, but i do feel pretty epic for about 8 seconds.

    i believe a 50% healing debuff was supposed to be a utility ability to help bring down a healer, or the flag carrier, etc. why do knockbacks, snares, etc exist?

  7. #22
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    The problem is that damage is reduced by valor, resistance, armor, and talents while healing is only reduced in pvp by small amounts for instant spells or by heal debuffs. I believe if you reduce healing by valor or maybe 25% across the board things will get better. Perhaps even if healers get some sort of penalty for healing themselves.

    Healing is just way too much right now.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 11-24-2011 at 11:03 AM.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  8. #23
    Banned Shadowprison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Haida Gwaii
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    What it should look like when a healer gets 2 dps on him with no peels.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...gv5gBHM#t=149s


    What it looks like in rift

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Q1KQf3I#t=222s

  9. #24
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    So recently i have been doing some research as to find what makes warfronts before 50 much more enjoyable then when you hit 50. Asides from the Rank there is one obvious class that ruins 50 for all.

    The healing cleric at 50 becomes a god beast that unless focused by a couple of people will never die. If you noticed before 50 if two players focused a cleric they will die (longer then most but pretty quick compared to post 50)

    Healing is way to strong after 50 it actually becomes ridiculous. The fact one class can determine who can wins a warfront in itself is really pathetic.

    Fix this issue.
    Actually the real issue is scaling done poorly on the game. Currently clerics and mages benefit too much with how scaling is currently done while rogues and warriors benefit too little at 50. While lvling it doesn't affect as much because of how the souls are done but soon as you hit 50 you began to notice how little your main stats like AP actually does which is why literally the only boost rogues and warriors are ever going to get in terms of dps is from weapons. Trion needs to change the way they do soul points that go like "spend -insert amount- points for increase dmg" and make it so it scales more on stats like AP and less on the point spending on souls because right now it is too dependent on that, especially on warriors and even mages if you look at their talents. Also explains why souls like ranger performs so poorly in pvp.
    Last edited by Noctisx; 11-24-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    In before... "This thread (aka forum) is being locked because it's filled with hypocrisy, idiocy, made up numbers and lack of any sort of constructive posts"

  10. #25
    Ascendant TheDrizzle404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Healing is just way too much right now.
    theres like 1-2 healers per game if youre lucky. i doubt its unpopular because its overpowered.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    multiple healers working together and a warden fully buffed with no one purging him. have you ever been a warden with just a single rogue 44 MM on you? youre completely useless at that point since 90% of your healing is from HoT's and he can purge them 3x faster than you can cast them.

  11. #26
    Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    The problem is that damage is reduced by valor, resistance, armor, and talents while healing is only reduced in pvp by small amounts for instant spells or by heal debuffs. I believe if you reduce healing by valor or maybe 25% across the board things will get better. Perhaps even if healers get some sort of penalty for healing themselves.

    Healing is just way too much right now.
    50% is a small amount? LOL gg dude..

  12. #27
    Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    What it should look like when a healer gets 2 dps on him with no peels.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...gv5gBHM#t=149s


    What it looks like in rift

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Q1KQf3I#t=222s
    What rank was the healer? What ranks were the DPS? What builds were they in? Not enough info to make an informed decision.

  13. #28
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    The problem is that damage is reduced by valor, resistance, armor, and talents while healing is only reduced in pvp by small amounts for instant spells or by heal debuffs. I believe if you reduce healing by valor or maybe 25% across the board things will get better. Perhaps even if healers get some sort of penalty for healing themselves.

    Healing is just way too much right now.
    That would be a double nerf to your precious VM.

    25% healing outgoing and then 25% nerf on your leech...

    Beware what you ask for.
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 11-24-2011 at 01:10 PM.

  14. #29
    Banned Bunzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    theres like 1-2 healers per game if youre lucky. i doubt its unpopular because its overpowered.
    healing is way overpowered when combined with valor but because it doesn't kill you people have less of an issue with it.

    a healer or two can win you a warfront but when a pyro does a big shot on someone everyone is to busy complaining about them instead of seeing who the real villain is.

    why must one class be the only one who can really determine the outcome of the game?
    if the other team has healers and you don't your screwed.
    Last edited by Bunzy; 11-24-2011 at 01:22 PM.

  15. #30
    Ascendant TheDrizzle404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    healing is way overpowered when combined with valor but because it doesn't kill you people have less of an issue with it.

    a healer or two can win you a warfront but when a pyro does a big shot on someone everyone is to busy complaining about them instead of seeing who the real villain is.

    why must one class be the only one who can really determine the outcome of the game?
    if the other team has healers and you don't your screwed.
    hahaha... no.

    what youre seeing is people who want to be able to mash their precious macro and win. thats not going to happen when attacking a healer directly. ive killed plenty of healers on my MM fairly easily. how? timing and skill.

    i dont just blindly hit all of my attack buttons and hope i can out dps their heals cuz i already know i cant, even with vamp shot up. however, what i can do is prepare for a large burst while theyre busy, get them to around 50% hp, and then silence them for 5 seconds by interrupting their self heal and then hitting them with a shadow stalk + strafe. if strafe doesnt kill them at this point, i still have 5 combo points. i can pop headshot and hit them with a finisher. dead healer.

    people not knowing how to play is no good reason to base nerfs off of.

    on a side note, ive won games in which we had no healers and they had 2+ simply because we actually killed their healers. 3 out of 4 classes can heal as well, so complaining you have no healers when you could heal is pretty redundant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts