+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Noobenheimer

Thread: Back to Basics

Default Back to Basics

In Warfront after Warfront it seems to be the same thing...

Lack of coordination...Chuck Norris Syndrome running rampant...ignorance of the objectives...and the list goes on...

But it shouldn't have to.

People have forgotten the basics and just like anything else, winning Warfronts takes knowledge, preperation and a willingness to do what you have to do. It all comes back to the basics...

Know the Warfronts. Understand what the objectives for winning a particular Warfront are before you enter. Yes, the Warfronts have objectives...it's not who can top the damage chart. There are plenty of guides and vids that show you exactly what needs to be done to gain a victory.

Focus Fire. It is extremely simple and extemely effective. You employ this tactic in dungeons and raids so why wouldn't you use it in a Warfront?

Crowd Control. A totally underutilized tool. A cleric running around all "Squirrilized" can't heal. A mage running in circles from a fear can't throw fireballs at you. A warrior you knock off the cliff can't harrass your blue bars. Many times it's not neccesary to kill that healer or DPS...if you keep him out of the fight long enough then you have rendered him useless to his team and thats always a good thing.

Teamwork and Communication. You are in a Warfront with a group of other players. Use each other and talk to one another. If you really need an explanation of what proper teamwork is....

Change is Good. Don't be afraid to change roles to what is needed at a particular time in a particular Warfront. Yes Mr. Cleric I know you prefer to DPS but if the team has no healers at all don't you think it might be beneficial to change to a healing role? Excuse me Mr. Rogue, quit whining about no heals when all you have to do is switch to your Bard role. You want to win? Do what needs to be done...

Of course there are other things but these are just basic 101.

These are things that are so simple and obvious but seem to get forgotten in the heat of battle. Yes Warfronts are a fast paced environment but keep the basics in mind and when the dust settles...it'll be the other team running to the forums to qq about imbalance and OP classes.

PS...It's called The Codex....quit running straight to the Vault every single time...(sorry, just had to throw that in there)
    Just Another Disillusioned and Un-Subbed Ex-Rift PVPer

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Noobenheimer View Post
    IExcuse me Mr. Rogue, quit whining about no heals when all you have to do is switch to your Bard role. You want to win?
    Sorry for going a bit off topic, but just a tip for those who don't play bard. When there is a pet or an NPC on a bard somewhere like the bridge in port scion, leave it, don't kill it - bards only have a 20m range and they need a target (combo points) to use their healing skills (well the two that make up the majority of their HPS + virtusso). When they are faced with what is often a ranged zergfest at places like the bridge trying to get in range without dying pretty quick can be problematic. It is much easier to heal from the saftey of behind the lines using a pet/npc.
    Last edited by Flimble; 11-23-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Excellent tip. I love using pets as my own personal healing battery when I bard.
    Just Another Disillusioned and Un-Subbed Ex-Rift PVPer

What this game really needs is in-game voice chat for raids just like in lotro.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfoxy View Post
    What this game really needs is in-game voice chat for raids just like in lotro.
    Please never do this.

The horror would be indescribable.

Wykar <GOON SQUAD> R8 Warrior Seastone

+ Reply to Thread