+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So a question.

Rift Master

Default So a question.

After the patch, why is there still a viable soul combination with

Top tier single target damage, including passively applied healing debuff.
    Tremendous defensives on par with or exceeding Warrior tanking souls.
    Unparralleled battlefield mobility, incorporating multiple snare and root breakers.

You know the one I'm talking about.

You're obviously talking about some cleric build. What do i win?
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    After the patch, why is there still a viable soul combination with

Top tier single target damage, including passively applied healing debuff.
    Tremendous defensives on par with or exceeding Warrior tanking souls.
    Unparralleled battlefield mobility, incorporating multiple snare and root breakers.

You know the one I'm talking about.
    He's talking about 22RS, which if you are a mage and don't have a dom soul it's pretty much impossible to get away from them or get them off of you.
    <Retired>

Ascendant

Rogues seem fine to me now except eradicate.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    He's talking about 22RS, which if you are a mage and don't have a dom soul it's pretty much impossible to get away from them or get them off of you.
    Ding Ding Ding!

I really question any PvP Rogue who doesn't incorporate 22RS into their build, whether it be Nightblade, Assassin, Bard, Marksman, Bladedancer, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    22 RS doesn't fit the bill as it doesn't have anywhere close to Warrior tanking souls survivability, no snares, no healing debuff, and definitely not top tier single target damage.

Using 44 NB gains you one snare, 2 defensive cooldowns that can be purged, the healing debuff that is just so terrible, and mobility that is paralleled by a warrior spec.

Using the PvP soul gains you break free which combined with the one ability from RS that only breaks certain CCs gives you two escapes...hardly the only spec with two get aways.

Knowledge is power.
    Even free cost too much now

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    22 RS doesn't fit the bill as it doesn't have anywhere close to Warrior tanking souls survivability, no snares, no healing debuff, and definitely not top tier single target damage.

Using 44 NB gains you one snare, 2 defensive cooldowns that can be purged, the healing debuff that is just so terrible, and mobility that is paralleled by a warrior spec.

Using the PvP soul gains you break free which combined with the one ability from RS that only breaks certain CCs gives you two escapes...hardly the only spec with two get aways.

Knowledge is power.
    Hey dude. Pretty much every cooldown can be purged. Are we really coming back to this again?

Purging and cleansing are not counter-points.

If you haven't played as or against a Rogue build that does the best single target damage, you haven't played rift. Single target damage is kind of the point of the Rogue calling. I know all about it because I'm on a bunch of P8 Rogue's ****lists.

Just 22 points gets you 15% AP, 15% crit, 15% damage, 4 Teleports, Hard Damage Reduction, Large HP pool, and an obnoxious amount of absorb shield reduction.

Every one of those points you spend is valuable in PVP, there is zero filler. A far cry from what is on offer in the Mage calling.

Knowledge is power.
    I know the 22RS complement spec well because I combine it with 44MM. I'm talking about when I'm on my mage they are just about impossible to get away from.
    <Retired>

Telaran

22 RS doesn't fit the bill as it doesn't have anywhere close to Warrior tanking souls survivability
    The overwhelming majority of warrior tanking mitigation is anti-physical, and no one uses physical damage in PvP
    22 RS has flat percentage mitigations and awesome cooldowns that surpass 28 VK because RS is an all in one tank soul, where a VK tank is expected to put points in other trees

+ Reply to Thread