+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Hey guys, Valor is normalized.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Freud View Post
    Valor is normalized: Only somewhat true. Only higher rank people will be at 1000+ valor...
    Not quite true -- I have a P2 rogue weighing in at ~ 1010 valor. You have to optimize for it, but it can be done.

/endquibble

In general, though, your assertion is correct.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    reading comprehension fails i suppose.

Never said a r8 has the same damage output, but a r8 will hit another r8 just as hard as a r4, just r4 cannot take as many hits due to hp difference.

Which is why its silly when low ranks complain about getting hit for 4k, when I get hit for the same amount

Again, complain more about what class is doing the damage, not the rank.
    Auden, when was an R8's ability to engage in competative PvP ever in question, in any thread on an Rift forum?

Let the R6 to R8's bash on each other and have a good old time.

As should the R0 - R5's in their own bracket.

Everyone is happy then, and gets an equitable dose of PvP pew-pew . . . without the undue silliness of R4's, for instance, having to face off against R8's.

Yeah, Ranks are the issue because levelling did not stop at 50. It kept going represented as Ranks that act as gateways to escalating Gear supplied stats . . . just like it used to when levelling 1 - 50.

Defense isn't normalized, neither is hp.

But the title is cute.

Rift Chaser

No you don't "get hit just as hard" as an R2 or R4. Damage is meaningless except as it relates to your target's health pool total to 0, the point of death. It is a ratio.

This means, for instance, an R2 with say 5000 HP getting hit for 2500 loses 50% of their HP in one shot. That's the identifier for "how hard" that R2 was hit, 1/2 of their total HP. That's a big hit.

Take an R8 with say 9500 HP getting hit for 2500, and the loss is 26%, not 50%. This is a much smaller hit to the character's HP though the applied damage number is the same.

Because what identifies "how hard" someone is hit isn't the damage number alone. It's the RATIO between the damage applied and total HP. 2500/5000 = 50% 2500/9500 = 26%

Ascendant

Look at all the tears. FFS, why don't you guys simply rank your toon up to R8 and quit *****in'?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Weathersky View Post
    Auden, when was an R8's ability to engage in competative PvP ever in question, in any thread on an Rift forum?

Let the R6 to R8's bash on each other and have a good old time.

As should the R0 - R5's in their own bracket.

Everyone is happy then, and gets an equitable dose of PvP pew-pew . . . without the undue silliness of R4's, for instance, having to face off against R8's.

Yeah, Ranks are the issue because levelling did not stop at 50. It kept going represented as Ranks that act as gateways to escalating Gear supplied stats . . . just like it used to when levelling 1 - 50.
    Gee, did we miss the patch notes? So long as there are equal ranks to pair, the system will do so. This does not mean that there will not be some r8s and r2s in the same wf, it just trys to match the numbers up on each side, which is VASTLY better than splitting ranks, as r8s still get wfs to pop.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    So, minus the obscene difference in weapon damage (melee) from r4 to rank 8.. guess what?

Rank 8's get hit just as hard as a rank 4. Complain about the class, not the rank.
    You mean it's normalized as in "roughly equal accross ranks 1-8" ? 'Cause to me that's not really normalized, thats more "equalized".

Normalized would be for ex (skipping a math example for omg cluttered) :
    * Everyone did about equal damage despite having vastly different Attack Power
    * Everyone would have roughly equal health despite having vastly different Endurance

...at least to me

And if we settle on "equalized", people here have already stated the obvious - that what in practice makes the difference between ranks is
    * how much damage you can take
    * how much damage you put out

Or am I missing something new they did with combat mech's ?
    Last edited by zoofar; 11-23-2011 at 11:53 PM.

posting cuz im bored.

i have 5k hp. i get hit by a rank 8 for 3k damage. i mitigate 30% ish of it. so i got hit for about 2.1k. almost half my hp is gone.

said rank 8 has 8k hp. he gets hit for 1.5k damage. he mitigates 30% ish of it. (ya right) so he gets hit for about 1.2k. a little over an eighth of his hp is gone.

i can see how you got confused though, seeing as how your post makes sense until one of them attacks the other. if neither payer is being hit, then they are indeed getting hit just as hard.
    Last edited by TheDrizzle404; 11-24-2011 at 01:00 AM.

it is indeed a serious issue, and makes pvp boring for both sides. I guess thats why trion brought in the new system, while not always guaranteed (if you have a rank 8 on your side, the likely rank 8 on theirs can still own you) it is a MASSIVE improvement, and you are seeing vast amounts of people pvping once again as its now fun

Quote Originally Posted by NzFox View Post
    you are seeing vast amounts of people pvping once again as its now fun
    orly? is their twist on brackets actually having some kind of impact on pvp quality? i might have to actually queue for a WF tomorrow.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Look at all the tears. FFS, why don't you guys simply rank your toon up to R8 and quit *****in'?
    I am ranking up my toon.

What's your point?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by jerwel View Post
    Gee, did we miss the patch notes? So long as there are equal ranks to pair, the system will do so. This does not mean that there will not be some r8s and r2s in the same wf, it just trys to match the numbers up on each side, which is VASTLY better than splitting ranks, as r8s still get wfs to pop.
    You mean this patch note? "Players in Warfronts should be more frequently matched against similarly ranked opponents. As always, feedback on your queue experience is welcome!"

Not a lot of detail there. And is it working?

Out of curiosity, has anyone compiled a population count of R6 - R8 across the servers?
    Last edited by Weathersky; 11-24-2011 at 05:16 AM.

Prophet of Telara

You mean the currently active ones or the 400k that have left the game already? My guild has at least 20 R8s of which only 1 or 2 pvp on a daily basis. There isnt a lot now, and thats why the few left will stop after the latest WF que change since we can't even get into WFs any more.
    Last edited by Alex113; 11-24-2011 at 07:17 AM.

What does valour do apart from make warriors and shamans even more useless.
    People just used valour to cry, nothing was fixed.
    Last edited by CoreSyntax; 11-24-2011 at 06:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2