+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Charlice

Thread: Break free still broken

Default Break free still broken

How many threads I have made or other players have made about Break Free being broken or any other ability similar to this function?

Seriously, getting sick of the Bull **** PvP.

Warriors that time Bull Rush to by pass the immunity after using Break free, to lock a player into place and stun them, need to be banned.

For those that are not familiar, Warriors have a trick that if the first Warrior charges *Bull Rush* the player that is immune to its lock into place or stun, and the second Warrior does the same ability right afterwords almost a split second later, it by passes it and allows the ability to work full function.

You can also use break free during the first charge and it will go on cool down but if multiple warriors use the same charge all at the same time, it doesn't stop it.

I have been patiently waiting each patch each hotfix for them to fix this but I think its safe to say Trion doesn't give a damn.
    Last edited by Toxen; 11-23-2011 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxen View Post
    How many threads I have made or other players have made about Break Free being broken or any other ability similar to this function?
    well, this is the first thread i've ever seen mentioning this imaginary issue, so feel free to post a few more just to fluff up the numbers.

i think you are attributing far too much coordination to random pug warriors that you encounter.

as a 'fix' you can implement for yourself while you wait for nothing to happen, try not being the in front of the rest of your teammates as the opposition approach and select the nearest target to engage.
    in addition, if you ever see two or more warriors in your general vicinity, run away. run very far away as fast as you can.

do this and i promise you will almost never have this problem again

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    well, this is the first thread i've ever seen mentioning this imaginary issue, so feel free to post a few more just to fluff up the numbers.

i think you are attributing far too much coordination to random pug warriors that you encounter.

as a 'fix' you can implement for yourself while you wait for nothing to happen, try not being the in front of the rest of your teammates as the opposition approach and select the nearest target to engage.
    in addition, if you ever see two or more warriors in your general vicinity, run away. run very far away as fast as you can.

do this and i promise you will almost never have this problem again
    Hey prince of sarcasm, Break Free has been broken for a long time, so...

*puts on sunglasses*

...give the OP a 'break'.

YYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH

So, warrior A bull rushes to the person, warrior B then times exactly half a second to bull rush to the same target, and if that really happened both warriors should be banned? Makes sense i guess.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Quote Originally Posted by Mezkh View Post
    Hey prince of sarcasm, Break Free has been broken for a long time, so...

*puts on sunglasses*

...give the OP a 'break'.

YYEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH
    regardless of the current status of breakfree, the OPs problems with warriors and bullrush is where his imagination takes over from reality.

maybe in 1.3 this might have been a serious problem, but with the death of the para/champ the majority of warriors have not been using bullrush, those few who have mostly fall into the 'noob' category and likely couldnt kill a squirel companion pet without the assistance of a mage. since 1.5 the number of warriors has dropped to such low numbers that seeing 2 warriors on the same team in a warfront is about as common as seeing a 2hander sword drop in hammknell.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I can't remember the last time I saw two warriors, in the one warfront, on the same side.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Qia

Break Free has been broken since it's implementation.
    There has been multiple threads regarding this, yet there has been no fix so far.
    Server checks when the ability was fired and not when it lands. It doesn't work like that for DRs, only for BF.
    I would assume this is the problem he is occuring most of the time.
    Ip

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    I can't remember the last time I saw two warriors, in the one warfront, on the same side.
    I've been in a BG with 4 Warriors in it last week. There's usually at least 1 or 2.
    Even free cost too much now

Seriously, getting sick of the Bull **** PvP.

Warriors that time Bull Rush to by pass the immunity after using Break free, to lock a player into place and stun them, need to be banned.

For those that are not familiar, Warriors have a trick that if the first Warrior charges *Bull Rush* the player that is immune to its lock into place or stun, and the second Warrior does the same ability right afterwords almost a split second later, it by passes it and allows the ability to work full function.

You can also use break free during the first charge and it will go on cool down but if multiple warriors use the same charge all at the same time, it doesn't stop it.

I have been patiently waiting each patch each hotfix for them to fix this but I think its safe to say Trion doesn't give a damn.
    That's why I have Dissolution which gives immunity for 8 sec then have break free for the 2nd attack. The only issue is if they keep on doing it repetitively you have to time it to the point where you are hoping your heals will take place when the stun happens.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

maybe in 1.3 this might have been a serious problem, but with the death of the para/champ the majority of warriors have not been using bullrush, those few who have mostly fall into the 'noob' category and likely couldnt kill a squirel companion pet without the assistance of a mage. since 1.5 the number of warriors has dropped to such low numbers that seeing 2 warriors on the same team in a warfront is about as common as seeing a 2hander sword drop in hammknell.
    I don't know in what world of telara are you living in but my recently r3 warrior mate with whom i play WFs ( i just dinged r5 and got 3 new items las night) that is using a BLUE 2hander (yes blue.. i dont want to imagine him with an epic p4 wep) is ravaging same gear or lower players. he is playing champ (bull rush + healing debuff). I make sure to remove buffs on his target and add in a burst to his. He is capable of doing up to 2.5k damage just after the bullrush and i help with the rest while his procs have internal CDs, then if the target is still alive he finished him. If they drop under 30% fast, they die the next second.

I like it how players claim wars are useless in pvp, just as ppl complained that rogues were useless when rift came out of beta.

Give him a pocket healer and he is king of the charts, sometimes even beating my MM because he's lucky and get my KBs :P but i usually do that to him xD

And don't even think of saying the oposing team was bad. No, don't. We just die to heavily overgeared players for us that we can't crit for more than 350.

Quote Originally Posted by lonwolf View Post
    I don't know in what world of telara are you living in but my recently r3 warrior mate with whom i play WFs ( i just dinged r5 and got 3 new items las night) that is using a BLUE 2hander (yes blue.. i dont want to imagine him with an epic p4 wep) is ravaging same gear or lower players. he is playing champ (bull rush + healing debuff). I make sure to remove buffs on his target and add in a burst to his. He is capable of doing up to 2.5k damage just after the bullrush and i help with the rest while his procs have internal CDs, then if the target is still alive he finished him. If they drop under 30% fast, they die the next second.

I like it how players claim wars are useless in pvp, just as ppl complained that rogues were useless when rift came out of beta.

Give him a pocket healer and he is king of the charts, sometimes even beating my MM because he's lucky and get my KBs :P but i usually do that to him xD

And don't even think of saying the oposing team was bad. No, don't. We just die to heavily overgeared players for us that we can't crit for more than 350.
    any class with a pocket healer will dominate. your warrior friend isnt seeing finisher crits above 1k, other classes are critting for 2.5k on single hits...on builders. i'll guess he's 51 champ, if he is he's a glass cannon with less survivability than a mage.

in any case, you never once addresses the OPs concerns, even though you are in a position to do so...

is your lowbie warrior friend timing his bullrushes with one or more other warriors to exploit the broken nature of breakfrees?
    my guess is he's not

Warriors that time Bull Rush to by pass the immunity after using Break free,
    Stop reading there. Let me guess Trions' reply.

Skill works as intended. Nothing can be immune to warriors. Chuck Norris included (BLASPHEMY!)

+ Reply to Thread